The Beatles - Revolution 9

I guess when you listened to the entire White Album it sort of fits in but on it's own, blah.

"What's the New Mary Jane" is worse, it gets me vote for worst Beatles song ever. At least "Revolution 9" doesn't attempt to be a proper song. By the way, I like it!

Unfortunately that's still not a valid excuse for the cut. A solid 1/3 of The White Album is rubbish. A brilliant and taut hand-picked single album resides in that fat opus. Rev 9 is solo album material and should have been relegated to just that.

100% personal preference. I would never argue to try to persuade someone's opinion about "Revolution 9".

Yup. Every time I say something it's my opinion indeed. :D Just giving my rationale for why I feel White is drastically overrated. Feel free to disagree.

I guess when you listened to the entire White Album it sort of fits in but on it's own, blah.

"What's the New Mary Jane" is worse, it gets me vote for worst Beatles song ever. At least "Revolution 9" doesn't attempt to be a proper song. By the way, I like it!

Unfortunately that's still not a valid excuse for the cut. A solid 1/3 of The White Album is rubbish. A brilliant and taut hand-picked single album resides in that fat opus. Rev 9 is solo album material and should have been relegated to just that.

I agree there is some fat on that album but i have trouble getting rid of any of the tracks and have it be any less of an album.

In fact I wouldn't change anything either. It is just what it is for sure. But I do think a little more team playing on their part (ok, any would have been a start) and self-editing might have made a more taut production, but at this point the band was completely dysfunctional...and making, for the most part, solo albums. That's fine (they'd stopped writing together for a while at that point), but I think they were so upset with one another that they were just stubbornly unwilling to listen to reason or cooperate with one another on almost any creative level. Christ, Lennon wanted Rev 9 to be the first single and that all Beatles music should be in that style...! God help us all. They were just so stubbornly bickering and no one was willing to compromise or lose anything. :D For that reason I find it unnecessarily unfocused, rambling, with zero eye for editing content. It is what it is, warts and all.

• Like 1

I agree there is some fat on that album but i have trouble getting rid of any of the tracks and have it be any less of an album.

In fact I wouldn't change anything either. It is just what it is for sure. But I do think a little more team playing on their part (ok, any would have been a start) and self-editing might have made a more taut production, but at this point the band was completely dysfunctional...and making, for the most part, solo albums. That's fine (they'd stopped writing together for a while at that point), but I think they were so upset with one another that they were just stubbornly unwilling to listen to reason or cooperate with one another on almost any creative level. Christ, Lennon wanted Rev 9 to be the first single and that all Beatles music should be in that style...! God help us all. They were just so stubbornly bickering and no one was willing to compromise or lose anything. :D For that reason I find it unnecessarily unfocused, rambling, with zero eye for editing content. It is what it is, warts and all.

I wont dignify with a response just to say ono word...

Yoko.

;)

Some of the Roger Taylor deep cuts on Queen Albums are Awful

Loser in the End

Fun It

Fight from the Inside.

Loser is weak, but I love the other two.

Yeah, calling out Roger's songs hurts. They're my favorite Queen songs; certainly like them more than most of Freddie's -- I'm in Love with My Car, Drowse. Deep and great. Also love Fight from the Inside.

• Like 2

Some of the Roger Taylor deep cuts on Queen Albums are Awful

Loser in the End

Fun It

Fight from the Inside.

Loser is weak, but I love the other two.

Yeah, calling out Roger's songs hurts. They're my favorite Queen songs; certainly like them more than most of Freddie's -- I'm in Love with My Car, Drowse. Deep and great. Also love Fight from the Inside.

I'm with you (although I wouldn't say I like them more). The songs might be about simple things - loving your ma, having a great car, whatever - but they're great rock tunes.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

Black Sabbath - God Is Dead?

Just boring, and the music video with it is one of the worst I've ever seen. At least Time Stand Still is funny

I am not a fan of sabbath since ozzy left and really havent listened to much.

God is dead? Is indeed phoning it in.

Same with the latest from judas priest. valhalla is so bad it is funny!

Yeah, part of the "glory" of the White Album is that it is a gloriously unfocused mess. If it were "cleaned up" by editing it down to a single LP it would be lesser, like a Let it Be with stronger material but still an unsatisfying compromise of some sort.

Black Sabbath - "She's Gone" .. ughhh

Led Zeppelin - "Fool In The Rain" .. just when you think it can't get worse, it does

I ADORE Fool In The Rain. There's something sunny about it.

It's a very well crafted song, from the shuffle beat to the melody to the Carnaval break. Good fun!
  • Like 3

Led Zeppelin - "Fool In The Rain" .. just when you think it can't get worse, it does

It's a very well crafted song, from the shuffle beat to the melody to the Carnaval break. Good fun!

Personally, it is a top ten track.

• Like 1

Just boring, and the music video with it is one of the worst I've ever seen. At least Time Stand Still is funny

How can we take these statements seriously when you admit in the same post that you "haven't listened to much since Ozzy left". Left when like 1979? So you've not listened to much Sabbath since 1979 but you're asking us to take your view as sound and burn all our post 1978 Sabbath albums and any Priest albums you care to mention and contact you later for the approved Tangy list of albums that we'll be allowed to listen to from now?? I think I'll rebel from this and form my own opinions thank you. :AlienSmiley:

• Like 1

How can we take these statements seriously when you admit in the same post that you "haven't listened to much since Ozzy left". Left when like 1979? So you've not listened to much Sabbath since 1979 but you're asking us to take your view as sound and burn all our post 1978 Sabbath albums and any Priest albums you care to mention and contact you later for the approved Tangy list of albums that we'll be allowed to listen to from now?? I think I'll rebel from this and form my own opinions thank you. :AlienSmiley:

Haha. Thats a good idea.

There are times while doing chores i listen to the "metal" channel on the local cable system and did they ever put those tunes into high rotation.

If only Beavis and butthead were here to validate my dated opinions... that would be cool!

Yeah i like it too. All of ittod.

Haha. Thats a good idea.

There are times while doing chores i listen to the "metal" channel on the local cable system and did they ever put those tunes into high rotation.

If only Beavis and butthead were here to validate my dated opinions... that would be cool!

I'm sorry Tangy I couldn't read this post. You're going to have to win back my confidence with a solid 35 years of listening to post-79 Sabbath and Priest. Then and only then will you be welcomed back in the general posting population as regards Priest and Sabs. So I'll see you in 2050, stay healthy and well so I can hear all about the Sabbath and Priest adventures you're about to have. I wish I was in your shoes in fact. :16ton:

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Haha. Thats a good idea.

I'm sorry Tangy I couldn't read this post. You're going to have to win back my confidence with a solid 35 years of listening to post-79 Sabbath and Priest. Then and only then will you be welcomed back in the general posting population as regards Priest and Sabs. So I'll see you in 2050, stay healthy and well so I can hear all about the Sabbath and Priest adventures you're about to have. I wish I was in your shoes in fact. :16ton:

Well if thats the case i had best stock up on vast quanities of sweet leaf!

Haha. Thats a good idea.

Well if thats the case i had best stock up on vast quanities of sweet leaf!

Aye! :smoke:

• Like 1

Which time? 1978? Then you missed their two best albums, released right after Ozzy left.

2005? They released 3 decent tunes on the Dio years compilation and a decent album (better than 13 in some ways).

• Like 1

staying away from deep cuts ... I'm sure there are too many to count that are really just filler material ... and even the bands that released the songs would agree that they are at least borderline bad ... anyway

my least favorite highly recognizable song by a famous band would have to be Beth by Kiss

Many Power Ballads should make this list. I'll watch with interest.

Except Scorpions! They did power ballads right somehow

staying away from deep cuts ... I'm sure there are too many to count that are really just filler material ... and even the bands that released the songs would agree that they are at least borderline bad ... anyway

my least favorite highly recognizable song by a famous band would have to be Beth by Kiss

That could also be a good song by a bad band.. lol

• Like 1

Do we have a "Good songs by bad bands" thread?

• Like 1

Do we have a "Good songs by bad bands" thread?

No so help me derail this one! haha!! ;)