Vapor Trail's production was actually good

AnEggplant

Oh sheesh, I never meant for this thread to get so heated. :(

It's not and you did.

You're saying I meant for this to get heated. Please, just stop. I don't know if you're trolling or what but it's getting ridiculous.

Says "AnEggplant".

At this point I really don't know if you're serious or not...

Ad hominem isn't an argument. It doesn't make my points any less valid. You need to chill out, seriously.

"Vapor Trail's production was actually good."

You actually wrote that.

What a remarkably asinine opinion to hold.

In your opinion.

You can't even argue with real arguments anymore. Personal attacks are not good arguments.

Not just my opinion but the band's opinion too.

You'd have to be completely crackers to believe that Vapor Trails' production is " good" by any reasonable measure.

This is just plain silly.

And that isn't a provable fact, just your opinion!

Geddy Lee has expressed a dislike for Caress of Steel, so do I have to dislike Caress of Steel too? I don't have to share the band's opinions. What I said was that Vapor Trail's production fit the music IN MY OPINION.

The difference is that Geddy Lee is not saying that production-wise Caress of Steel is broken. He is saying that about Vapor Trails. You can measure the fact that as a recording Vapor Trails is broken.

You might as well opine that you preferred Hubble before they fixed the mirror because the errors made the images more human. You could opine that the Earth is flat or that the Sun orbits it and that would be your opinion. But it wouldn't make it any less foolish.

I said I thought the production of Vapor Trails fit the music! I am well aware it wasn't intentional. I KNOW the band doesn't like it! I do though! Sure, it's technically broken, I get that, I'm not denying that, what I am saying is that I LIKE the way it is.

It's not and you did.

You're saying I meant for this to get heated. Please, just stop. I don't know if you're trolling or what but it's getting ridiculous.

Says "AnEggplant".

Ad hominem isn't an argument. It doesn't make my points any less valid. You need to chill out, seriously.

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

You can't even argue with real arguments anymore. Personal attacks are not good arguments.

You'd have to be completely crackers to believe that Vapor Trails' production is " good" by any reasonable measure.

Why are you so butt hurt by other people's thoughts on Vapor Trails? Is your butt so fragile that mere words cause it pain?

What are you even talking about?

Those hormone injections messing with your head, cupcake?

Says, "Tony R".

You keep milking that one kiddo.

See how unclever bullying is?

Now apply that too yourself and man up.

• Like 1

So how is everyone doing?

Playing rock music whilst I get my hormone injections. :moon:

• Like 1

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Why are you so butt hurt by other people's thoughts on Vapor Trails? Is your butt so fragile that mere words cause it pain?

Says, "Tony R".

Your post is neither clever nor bullying. Although it's probably an example of "unclever bullying".

It's 12:30 am. Away to your bed.

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Geddy Lee has expressed a dislike for Caress of Steel, so do I have to dislike Caress of Steel too? I don't have to share the band's opinions. What I said was that Vapor Trail's production fit the music IN MY OPINION.

The difference is that Geddy Lee is not saying that production-wise Caress of Steel is broken. He is saying that about Vapor Trails. You can measure the fact that as a recording Vapor Trails is broken.

You might as well opine that you preferred Hubble before they fixed the mirror because the errors made the images more human. You could opine that the Earth is flat or that the Sun orbits it and that would be your opinion. But it wouldn't make it any less foolish.

But some people don't care. Why does that make such a difference to you?

• Like 1

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

I hate to throw a wrench into the works, but actually it is provable. All you have to do is look at it on any sort of music editing software and you can see how much clipping there is on the original release. That's just incredibly bad mastering and mixing.

• Like 1

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Because it was broken. You wouldn't accept a picture with a hole in it from Amazon, why accept a faulty CD and then praise its merits.

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

I hate to throw a wrench into the works, but actually it is provable. All you have to do is look at it on any sort of music editing software and you can see how much clipping there is on the original release. That's just incredibly bad mastering and mixing.

I know it's bad on a technical level, but I think it suits the music. That's what I'm trying to say.

• Like 2

So how is everyone doing?

I'm idling at obnoxious heading for overdrive.

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Agreed, the production is not perfect.

But somehow it works.

In the same way found-footage shaky cam horror movies work better than, say, a highly polished one, the scrapes, bumps and bruises of Vapor Trails suit some music fans more than the more polished remix.

And some hate shaky cam movies, so many hate VT's as it was.

• Like 1

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Because it was broken. You wouldn't accept a picture with a hole in it from Amazon, why accept a faulty CD and then praise its merits.

Weird analogy. I suppose I must have defective when I was able to listen to the album and enjoy it in spite of the digital clipping (which I only noticed in a few places). No different from listening to and enjoying all of those scratched LP records I had when I was a kid. You lived with the scratches because you dug the music.

• Like 2

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Says, "Tony R".

Your post is neither clever nor bullying. Although it's probably an example of "unclever bullying".

Being told I suck at bullying is a major compliment.

Having you tell ME I am not clever is damn right insulting.

As much as Tony R would like to change our opinions, we still like what we like, so game over.

I'm not trying to change opinions just highlight how many Rush fans are complete morons whilst somehow believing that their love of Rush somehow suggests they have a higher intellect than the average. It's very noble eking enjoyment out of a broken product but it's ultimately pointless.

Tony. You are a real piece of work man.

• Like 1

As much as Tony R would like to change our opinions, we still like what we like, so game over.

I'm not trying to change opinions just highlight how many Rush fans are complete morons whilst somehow believing that their love of Rush somehow suggests they have a higher intellect than the average. It's very noble eking enjoyment out of a broken product but it's ultimately pointless.

Thanks Dad.

Oh, you meant...

Ah well, if you've only just realised then maybe my post applies to you... ;)

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Says, "Tony R".

Being told I suck at bullying is a major compliment.

Having you tell ME I am not clever is damn right insulting.

Hardly. You are being a complete sponge as usual.

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

I know it's bad on a technical level, but I think it suits the music. That's what I'm trying to say.

Well you said it wasn't provable, so I was just saying it is.

Thanks Dad.

Oh, you meant...

Ah well, if you've only just realised then maybe my post applies to you... ;)

Your heart must tire out, having to pump blood through your giant ego and all that jazz.

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

Weird analogy. I suppose I must have defective when I was able to listen to the album and enjoy it in spite of the digital clipping (which I only noticed in a few places). No different from listening to and enjoying all of those scratched LP records I had when I was a kid. You lived with the scratches because you dug the music.

If you bought it new and it was scratched you would return it.

Vapor Trails-great album.

One thing that struck me about the Loudness Wars is that most albums were destroyed at the mastering desk whilst Vapor Trails was ruined by the recording process.

And rushgoober was a childish troll/bully. But there are other pricks here still.

This forum idolizes bullies.

"Idolizes"? That's one hell of an interpretation...er, exaggeration.

Goobs isn't here to defend himself. I understand the "childish" critique but "troll/bully" I don't. Ah well, that's another interpretation.

• Like 1

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

From an objective, technical point of view, yes it is.

From a subjective point of view, no it's not. Also it isn't a provable fact that I'm "complete crackers" for liking Vapor Trails production.

• Like 1

Vapor Trails-great album.

One thing that struck me about the Loudness Wars is that most albums were destroyed at the mastering desk whilst Vapor Trails was ruined by the recording process.

And rushgoober was a childish troll/bully. But there are other pricks here still.

This forum idolizes bullies.

"Idolizes"? That's one hell of an interpretation...er, exaggeration.

Goobs isn't here to defend himself. I understand the "childish" critique but "troll/bully" I don't. Ah well, that's another interpretation.

I've seen many people that don't consider themselves bullies, act like one.

Now agree with me, or I'll be waiting in the parking lot

• Like 3

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

From a subjective point of view, no it's not. Also it isn't a provable fact that I'm "complete crackers" for liking Vapor Trails production.

You said "Vapor Trails production was actually good."

Either you were trolling or you are an idiot. There is no other conclusion to be had.

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

You actually wrote that.

In your opinion.

You said "Vapor Trails production was actually good."

Either you were trolling or you are an idiot. There is no other conclusion to be had.

Chill. I explained myself further, that I thought it fit the music. I know I said that, but by 'good' I meant 'fit the music'.

• Like 1