Vapor Trail's production was actually good

AnEggplant

Was this meant to be posted in the unpopular opinions thread??

I personally love VT and never have found the production to be an issue

But it is. It's broken.

It is an issue for you. For others, it isn't. Get over it.

That's just plain daft.

The album has been remixed because the band knew it was a car crash recording-wise, that is well documented. I remember reading Lee say it needed fixing.

You going to say "get over it" to the band you f***ing clown?

Lee came to this realization not long after the record came out, but there was little he could do to fix the situation. "It's a terrible feeling that, due to lack of objectivity, you let an imperfect piece of work get out there," he says.

Chris: Are you aware of there being a precedent for something like this, where a band and their fans express enough unhappiness with the sonics of a record to take the time and re-do it?

David: I think this is a pretty unique situation, but it does speak volumes as to how much the band care about their fans and want them to be satisfied. I also think that they themselves were not as happy with the final result as they could have been. These are great songs and I was just trying to help them realize them as they would have wanted at the time. Everyone has to remember that it was a very stressful time for the band and it’s really a tribute to their resilience that they were able to continue as a band at all.

I am allowed to like what I like. I don't need your approval or Geddy's.

No, but to suggest I "get over it" is just silly. It isn't supposed to sound like that. You can like your mother's over cooked and burnt roast beef because that's all you are used to but if presented to someone else you can't just say "get over it".

One of the worst aspects of online "life" is that there's always some t**t courting popularity by defending the indefensible usually relating to some band, artist, sports star or celebrity and adding "get over it" because they know they are "safe".

You are entitled to like the album as is, but there is nothing noble in that.

Never tried to be noble.

Never tried to be different.

Definitely made it obvious in recent weeks I don't aim to be popular.

Yeah, ok.

Look up 'disingenuous' in the dictionary.

If it's pictorial you'll see a picture a ladyboy next to the definition.

You are just about the nicest person on this forum.

Did anyone ever tell you that?

Not surprised.

You are a bully and a loser, and quite frankly I don't get why you bother coming on here, with all the hateful comments and abusive language you throw at people who you do not agre with.

And I would rather be a ladyboy than a scumbag like you, so insult me at leisure, with the lowest of the lows. It will always be a step up from being a Tony R, Jr.

But it is. It's broken.

That's just plain daft.

The album has been remixed because the band knew it was a car crash recording-wise, that is well documented. I remember reading Lee say it needed fixing.

Lee came to this realization not long after the record came out, but there was little he could do to fix the situation. "It's a terrible feeling that, due to lack of objectivity, you let an imperfect piece of work get out there," he says.

Chris: Are you aware of there being a precedent for something like this, where a band and their fans express enough unhappiness with the sonics of a record to take the time and re-do it?

David: I think this is a pretty unique situation, but it does speak volumes as to how much the band care about their fans and want them to be satisfied. I also think that they themselves were not as happy with the final result as they could have been. These are great songs and I was just trying to help them realize them as they would have wanted at the time. Everyone has to remember that it was a very stressful time for the band and it’s really a tribute to their resilience that they were able to continue as a band at all.

No, but to suggest I "get over it" is just silly. It isn't supposed to sound like that. You can like your mother's over cooked and burnt roast beef because that's all you are used to but if presented to someone else you can't just say "get over it".

One of the worst aspects of online "life" is that there's always some t**t courting popularity by defending the indefensible usually relating to some band, artist, sports star or celebrity and adding "get over it" because they know they are "safe".

Never tried to be noble.

Yeah, ok.

Not surprised.

You are a bully and a loser, and quite frankly I don't get why you bother coming on here, with all the hateful comments and abusive language you throw at people who you do not agre with.

And I would rather be a ladyboy than a scumbag like you, so insult me at leisure, with the lowest of the lows. It will always be a step up from being a Tony R, Jr.

Ok, I'll play.

In which way am I a loser?

In which way am I bully?

Only yesterday you were saying that Eaglemoon was worth two of me and TM before sucking up to him the next minute.

There's nothing more silly than defending a mistake against the artist. Do you think, for example, that the Venus De Milo came without arms?

Oh no Mr Alerxstandros, I much prefer your sculpture sans jambes...

Edited by Tony R

But it is. It's broken.

That's just plain daft.

I think what he meant to say was get over the fact that other people enjoy Vapor Trails. I'm not trying to put words in his mouth that's just what I got out of it. If so I must agree with him, no bad feelings intended.

Was about to say this but gave up.

I think I will too. From what I've seen talking to certain forum members usually just ends up in arguments that lead nowhere.

Yup. Sad but true.

Still...plenty of nice guys to chat too!

Indeed!

But it is. It's broken.

That's just plain daft.

Never tried to be noble.

Yeah, ok.

Not surprised.

Ok, I'll play.

In which way am I bully?

Only yesterday you were saying that Eaglemoon was worth two of me and TM before sucking up to him the next minute.

There's nothing more silly than defending a mistake against the artist. Do you think, for example, that the Venus De Milo came without arms?

You spoke to Eaglemoon as you do many others: like she was a fool and totally deserving of snide comments, and after she basically confronts you and makes it clear you should stop, you carry on. You treat Fraroc disgustingly. You say you love being the TRF jerk. Pot, Kettle? Look in the mirror, wipe the steam a way. Your kettle is boiling, and no one wants a cup of tea.

If you punched me, I would smile and say thank you for not thinking of me as a friend. I cannot take nasty people. If anyone has a right to be spoken down too and raked over the coals, it is you. I hate speaking to anyone like this, but in recent weeks my patience has shot through the roof.

I was accused of being really unkind the other week. It ate away at me, especially after I recognised the truth in those words. Time and time again you are cruel and you think it is one big joke.

The best part of this? I am now done, and I will go back to loving what I love without seeking your self-centred approval.

• Like 1

But it is. It's broken.

That's just plain daft.

Never tried to be noble.

Yeah, ok.

Not surprised.

Ok, I'll play.

In which way am I bully?

You spoke to Eaglemoon as you do many others: like she was a fool and totally deserving of snide comments, and after she basically confronts you and makes it clear you should stop, you carry on. You treat Fraroc disgustingly. You say you love being the TRF jerk. Pot, Kettle? Look in the mirror, wipe the steam a way. Your kettle is boiling, and no one wants a cup of tea.

If you punched me, I would smile and say thank you for not thinking of me as a friend. I cannot take nasty people. If anyone has a right to be spoken down too and raked over the coals, it is you. I hate speaking to anyone like this, but in recent weeks my patience has shot through the roof.

I was accused of being really unkind the other week. It ate away at me, especially after I recognised the truth in those words. Time and time again you are cruel and you think it is one big joke.

The best part of this? I am now done, and I will go back to loving what I love without seeking your self-centred approval.

Umm, that's me told.

It's like being savaged by a sheep. Which is rather apt really...

Oh sheesh, I never meant for this thread to get so heated. :(

http://images.wikia.com/playstationallstarsbattleroyale/images/8/8a/Oh_stop_it_you_wrapped_canvas-r3370958182ed42b788dcef6fe1cb1542_29c92_400.jpg

It ain't the thread.

Did I hear the recess bell ring? I think so. Maybe we can continue the conversation.

• Like 1

http://eil.com/images/main/Rush+-+Vapor+Trails+-+DISPLAY%2FPOS+MATERIAL-503886.jpg

The artwork was better too!

Yeah it was kinda schwag like. But us rush fiends were fiending for a hit of anything from da boys...

That's an excellent point. I was so pumped for VT. The opening of "One Little Victory" put a shockwave through my chest! I was floored! But then sadly it all went down hill from there!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Yeah it was kinda schwag like. But us rush fiends were fiending for a hit of anything from da boys...

That's an excellent point. I was so pumped for VT. The opening of "One Little Victory" put a shockwave through my chest! I was floored! But then sadly it all went down hill from there!

The album is worth it for One Little Victory, Ceiling Unlimited, Secret Touch and Earthshine. The performance of Secret Touch on Snakes live is pretty great. Ceiling Unlimited in particular is like the best kind of Rush, creatively. In my opinion.

It's not and you did.

You're saying I meant for this to get heated? Please, just stop. I don't know if you're trolling or what but it's getting ridiculous.

Edited by AnEggplant
  • Like 1

It's not and you did.

You're saying I meant for this to get heated. Please, just stop. I don't know if you're trolling or what but it's getting ridiculous.

Says "AnEggplant".

It's not and you did.

You're saying I meant for this to get heated. Please, just stop. I don't know if you're trolling or what but it's getting ridiculous.

Says "AnEggplant".

Well done, you can read!

• Like 1

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

Well done, you can read!

Hilarious!

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

At this point I really don't know if you're serious or not...

Ad hominem isn't an argument. It doesn't make my points any less valid. You need to chill out, seriously.

• Like 1

It's not and you did.

Says "AnEggplant".

At this point I really don't know if you're serious or not...

Ad hominem isn't an argument. It doesn't make my points any less valid. You need to chill out, seriously.

Says, "AnEggPlant"

Trolololol

• Like 1