Does the No True Scotsman fallacy sometimes apply to Rush fans?

fraroc

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does the No True Scotsman fallacy apply to some Rush fans

• Yes, some members are guilty of using that fallacy
    • No, no one used that fallacy
    • Other

Dumb thread.

The "F" in "TRF" doesn't stand for "Fraroc".

Sheesh...

Because I'm in the mood to have a regular dialogue without arguing and fighting? That makes it a dumb thread?

I've spent my first afternoon back here in years reading about all ye hate for Neil. Yet no one has really touched on Alex's arthritis issue. This board's setup doesn't allow me to post a pic as easily as on CP. I was going to post a pic of my pointer and ring fingers on my left hand, which are permanently bent from psoriatic arthritis. Luckily, I'm a bass player so I can still manage. I can play most of the things I could before, except songs like Turn The Page, or any other song that requires one finger to bar 2 strings. The point is, if I were a guitarist, I'd be finished. My fingers make it impossible to play most chords. Alex is 15 years older than me. If his situation is anything like mine, I completely understand his reluctance to continue as well.

I have no hate for Neil.

• Like 1

Dumb thread.

Sheesh...

That's a bit harsh. There has been no sensationalism, no absurd questions/claims, nor self pity and moping either. It was a simple question about whether or not some folks here deal in absolute terms

• Like 3

Dumb thread.

Sheesh...

That's a bit harsh. There has been no sensationalism, no absurd questions/claims, nor self pity and moping either. It was a simple question about whether or not some folks here deal in absolute terms

I agree.

Though we can still strive to reach those heights. ;)

• Like 1

Dumb thread.

Sheesh...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must...... ;-)

• Like 3

Dumb thread.

Sheesh...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must...... ;-)

As The Force Awakens, Rush is Dead.

I've spent my first afternoon back here in years reading about all ye hate for Neil. Yet no one has really touched on Alex's arthritis issue. This board's setup doesn't allow me to post a pic as easily as on CP. I was going to post a pic of my pointer and ring fingers on my left hand, which are permanently bent from psoriatic arthritis. Luckily, I'm a bass player so I can still manage. I can play most of the things I could before, except songs like Turn The Page, or any other song that requires one finger to bar 2 strings. The point is, if I were a guitarist, I'd be finished. My fingers make it impossible to play most chords. Alex is 15 years older than me. If his situation is anything like mine, I completely understand his reluctance to continue as well.

I have no hate for Neil.

I met Neil and he blew me off at his tour bus.

I still have no hate.

I will love the man forever.

Many think I'm self absorbed like my ex wife.

I am an excellent drummer.

I can play all of the Rush music.

I will love Neil Forever.

f**k his insecure ass.

HE RULES!

• Like 1

I mentioned in one of the other Neil threads, I think in the polls section, that it isn't just that Neil definitely wanted to be done with touring; that I thought Alex was a little more reluctant about continuing, too.