R40 Live cover - Is it Hugh?

Look to Sirius

I'm pretty sure it was that cover art that made me flatulent. One more thing to complain about and possibly sue Rush for, especially that sourpuss Neil. He's such a contemptuous knowitall. I bet he's scheming how to rip us all off while not caring about our bowel disturbances one bit!

I'm pretty sure it was that cover art that made me flatulent. One more thing to complain about and possibly sue Rush for, especially that sourpuss Neil. He's such a contemptuous knowitall. I bet he's scheming how to rip us all off while not caring about our bowel disturbances one bit!

He's had plenty of his own. I'm pretty sure that's what Ghost Rider was all about.

Oh man, I hope the spine of the thing isn't as horrible as the cover, because the spine's the part that I'm going to have to look at every time I walk by that shelf.
  • Like 1

As much as I enjoyed hijacking the crap out of these threads today, I have to take my son out (yes, some incredibly non-astute member of the opposite sex actually had the audacity to have a child with me). So, now I leave you to bask in the aftermath of my ranting, ridiculous objection to everyone's griping about this thing a month before it is even released. I expect at least one serious post (and possibly numerous posts) along the lines of what I predicted about the actual content once it is out. Mark my words--someone will comment negatively about the fleck of dust on Geddy's glasses and the lack of sheen on the bottom lip of Neil's third concert tom from the left.

I think the disco ball has the wrong brightness to it.In all seriouseness forums like this are usually populated by obsevive,pedantic,anal fans(like myself) who nitpick everything about Rush(the ones that Neil is apparently afraid of)whether Alex played a fantastic solo the other night or what Geddy had for breakfast.This forum wouldn't exist otherwise.I am a member of the Led Zeppelin forum and they are probably worse on there.Anyway back to subject after much researching and chin stroking i still don't like the cover.Now what will the booklet look like.

I guess everyone is ranting about the cover because it's all there is to rant about so far. The video for RTB's was good, so all that's left is the artwork. :)
  • Like 1

I guess everyone is ranting about the cover because it's all there is to rant about so far. The video for RTB's was good, so all that's left is the artwork. :)

It's not me; it's Hugh.

It's not me; it's Hugh.

Hugh me?

• Like 1

It's not me; it's Hugh.

HUGH ASS, I WAS GONNA' SAY THAT!

Edited by Del_Duio

Brilliant post there. Yeah, those 40 years were so unimpressive compared to the 40 minutes Rutsey was in the band. I'm sure they'll get another drummer, just so you can continue to be disappointed and complain for another decade. Won't that be a treat?!

Rush continues to unimpress. As far as Neil's arms not being in the photo, like I said earlier this year Rush replaced their drummer once they can do it again.

:no: :Neil:

Yikes that cover sucks! Don't get me wrong, I've seen the clips from the concert video and I'm sure it's going to be a great album/ DVD. But man that cover is just awful, maybe their worst yet. Looks like an advert for a Rush cover band playing at a holiday resort! Edited by Drummerrobin
  • Like 1

I wonder what the thinking was on this? It really doesn't make a lot of sense particularly since the R40 tour guides had the yellow with black bars. Maybe because of the anniversary box they released they don't want to get the two mixed up? I think the yellow/black bar would have made a MUCH better cover for the DVD/Blu-ray.
  • Like 2

Ok, i can't find my post on this topic but I want to say I take it back about the photo. I heard today, while Geddy was being interviewed about the chaos at the Jays game, that they looked through all Randy's photos & loved that one. Said," oh man, that's got to be it" (meaning that exact photo had to be the one for the cover because they LOVED it. But I still don't like the font or disco ball. That is all.

:rush:

Edited by gypsy muse
  • Like 1

I love that artwork!

Seems so cozy and quaint!

I love your signature picture!

Unlike my post, is this serious?

More people need Tad Williams in there life, dammit!