R40 Live cover - Is it Hugh?

Look to Sirius

I think the yellow/black bar would have made a MUCH better cover for the DVD/Blu-ray.

But if they used that, everyone would be complaining, "that's lazy, all they did was use the tour book cover! they couldn't even come of with a photo from the tour or something?"

I am not sure why they loved that photo, I've seen some better photos from fans.

They loved it because Randy Johnson took it. If I would have shot it and submitted to them, it wouldn't have got a second look. Andrew MacNaughtan was a much better (and real) photographer.

• Like 1

I am not sure why they loved that photo, I've seen some better photos from fans.

They loved it because Randy Johnson took it. If I would have shot it and submitted to them, it wouldn't have got a second look. Andrew MacNaughtan was a much better (and real) photographer.

A man that knows...^^^^ :cheers:

I also wonder if they considered any of John Arrowsmith's images. He has really grown as a photographer over the last few years.

Edited by Mr. JD

I think the yellow/black bar would have made a MUCH better cover for the DVD/Blu-ray.

But if they used that, everyone would be complaining, "that's lazy, all they did was use the tour book cover! they couldn't even come of with a photo from the tour or something?"

At least the other DVD covers have been more creative than this one. Even if they were concert photos, they were enhanced. This just looks like a fan photo.

Oh, come on. Who genuinely cares?

Probably not too many people will feel personally affronted by it, but it does make some of us curious about their choices - it's just, you know, like "art appreciation" - because now that the tour's over, what else is there to chat about? "Who likes Tom Sawyer better than The Analog Kid," etc. etc.

All these topics are just a form of reaching out - we want to communicate!

Actually . . . does anyone like The Analog Kid more than Tom Sawyer?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

I wonder what the thinking was on this? It really doesn't make a lot of sense particularly since the R40 tour guides had the yellow with black bars. Maybe because of the anniversary box they released they don't want to get the two mixed up? I think the yellow/black bar would have made a MUCH better cover for the DVD/Blu-ray.

God yes! Wonder why no one thought of that? :facepalm:

I hate to name names....

Lies

• Like 1

Awesome cover is Awesome.

Don't need no disco!

I'd have expected you to get the joke, no?

The cover is pure genius.

It's a joke, my dear. I was quoting from the group Talking Heads. However the quote was slightly wrong. Should have been this ain't no disco.

And genius? Not so much. It took absolutely no thought or design concept whatsoever.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

Don't need no disco!

It's a joke, my dear. I was quoting from the group Talking Heads. However the quote was slightly wrong. Should have been this ain't no disco.

You tell joke?

I OFFENDED!

Don't need no disco!

You tell joke?

I OFFENDED!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/12074624_10153197353456334_1369347177877497732_n_zpscmec6b2l.jpg

• Like 1

Don't need no disco!

And genius? Not so much. It took absolutely no thought or design concept whatsoever.

Sometimes there is genius simplicity. I think the photo drips with humor, but that's just me.

I almost went with "This ain't no foolin around" as that was the first thing that came to mind but this misquote threw me so I decided to play it straight.

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 1

Probably not too many people will feel personally affronted by it, but it does make some of us curious about their choices - it's just, you know, like "art appreciation" - because now that the tour's over, what else is there to chat about? "Who likes Tom Sawyer better than The Analog Kid," etc. etc.

All these topics are just a form of reaching out - we want to communicate!

Actually . . . does anyone like The Analog Kid more than Tom Sawyer?

I do.

And I get that we need something to talk about, but why beat a dead horse?

Don't need no disco!

You tell joke?

I OFFENDED!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/12074624_10153197353456334_1369347177877497732_n_zpscmec6b2l.jpg

Obviously I am never gonna use this myself.

*lies*

Oh shut up Segue. Let them all think we are understanding!

*lies*

Pfft

• Like 1

Rush can do no wrong ever.

Love the live cover or get lost.

Is it Hugh?

Is it me?

Or is it everyone else???

Feedback

• Like 1

Peart preaches purple prose.

So much is said without saying anything.

• Like 2