Name Your Top Five Hair Metal Bands Of All Time! Prog Snobs And Posers Please Do Not Enter! Yep.... "DANGEROUS BUT IS IT WORTH THE RISK?"

RUSHHEAD666

This thread is so easy for me.

I hope it isn't a bomb but then again it wouldn't surprise me.

Hey Turbine Freight, would you count Y&T as a "Hair Metal" Band? They certainly didn't start out that way but they sure ended up that way. WTF?

TOP FIVE HAIR METAL BANDS:

1. RATT

2. MOTLEY CRUE

3. DOKKEN

4. BLACK N BLUE

5. STEEL PANTHER

6. VANDENBERG

Note: Black N Blue is absolutely one of my all time favorite bands. "Nasty Nasty" was produced by Gene Simmons. Of course is also worth to say that Tommy Thayer was the guitar player in this band. Oh and yes he is now in KISS.

He rules.

• Like 1

1. Your Mom

2. Your Arse

3. there is no #3

4. Shy Tiger

5. Killer Dwarfs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You cock! I almost spit my beer out of my fuckingg mouth! Why don't you just pick WHITE LION.

Killer Dwarfs!!! I dig them!

I know you want my AUTOGRAPH bitch!

Signed,

"Turn Up The Radio"

• Like 2

Oh I am listening to Dokken's "Dysfunctional" album tonight. If you prog snobs want to hear a great cover then listen to "In The Beginning" by ELP of course.

IT'S INCREDIBLE! LYNCH IS A STUD!

I remember seeing Dokken at the Keystone Palo Alto many years ago. It was an 18+ venue but I got in and I was only 17, shhhh, don't tell anyone!

• Like 1

This thread is so easy for me.

I hope it isn't a bomb but then again it wouldn't surprise me.

Hey Turbine Freight, would you count Y&T as a "Hair Metal" Band? They certainly didn't start out that way but they sure ended up that way. WTF?

TOP FIVE HAIR METAL BANDS:

1. RATT

2. MOTLEY CRUE

3. DOKKEN

4. BLACK N BLUE

5. STEEL PANTHER

6. VANDENBERG

Note: Black N Blue is absolutely one of my all time favorite bands. "Nasty Nasty" was produced by Gene Simmons. Of course is also worth to say that Tommy Thayer was the guitar player in this band. Oh and yes he is now in KISS.

He rules.

It's a tough call on Y&T. They started off as a rock band but morphed into the worst kind of hair metal from Down For The Count to Ten. Mind you lots of bands did that.

My top 5 would be:

Hanoi Rocks

Poison

Motley Crue

WASP

Ratt tied with Dokken

Honourable mention: Vixen

• Like 2

I wouldn't include Whitesnake in this category, they had a 10 year career behind them before they got lumped in with these type of bands. They just jumped on the bandwagon with the image like Priest did in 1986 and KISS once they took off their mask make-up and replaced it with glam make-up..

In no particular order here's 10:

Dokken

Vinnie Vincent Invasion

Def Leppard

Stryper

Autograph

Vandenberg

Winger

Ratt

W.A.S.P.

White Lion

• Like 2

How exactly was Def Leppard hair metal? They never sold the "image above everything else" like all other hair bands did and the music has always come first with them. They just didn't fit into the mold of all the other ones and never looked all girly and glammed up. They were a very good rock band who got clumped in with the whole hair metal scene just because they happened to be popular at the time hair metal was.

How exactly was Def Leppard hair metal? They never sold the "image above everything else" like all other hair bands did and the music has always come first with them. They just didn't fit into the mold of all the other ones and never looked all girly and glammed up. They were a very good rock band who got clumped in with the whole hair metal scene just because they happened to be popular at the time hair metal was.

You don't think Hysteria is pretty much the prototypical glam or hair metal album?

• Like 1

Fuckk Yes! Lizzy Rules!!!!

Def Leppard sadly evolved into Hair Metal. Just like what Duck said. Like kISS and Whitesnake.

Would Great White count? They had that image but played blues hard rock. Almost like another band I love, Cinderella.

Also I love Skid Row!

• Like 1