Improve a Band's Discography by Removing an Album or Two... Or Five... Or more.

Mr. Not

Lacuna Coil - Karmacode, Shallow Life

Their discography would be so much better without those two.

Sorry Segue, I gotta get back at you for saying Clockwork Angels ;)

The fact you like them is enough to please me.

Everything after "Dr. Feelgood" can just be blown up into smithereens!

Really? The self-titled album is very different, but i liked it. Generation Swine is a bit of a mess, but even it had some solid songs, like Afraid, Glitter, Let Us Prey, and Shout at the Devil '97. Not a huge fan of New Tattoo, though. That'd probably be the one 'd get rid of. I think Saints of Los Angeles is their best album since Dr. Feelgood.

Dire Straits-Brothers in Arms and Save On Every Street for Mark to do solo.

you have only 4 albums now but man is it flawless.

Mick

Brothers In Arms is awesome what is wrong with you?

over produced schlock. not what i want from an otherwise stellar band.

Mick

Mick

Mick seems to nearly always dislike a bands biggest seller I have noticed!

BOOO MICK!

• Like 1

OK, getting down and dirty with Rush:

To keep the discography as close to flawless as possible, I would erase these from the history books:

Signals

Roll The Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Clockwork Angels

• Like 1

Mick

BOOO MICK!

Because it's true most band's biggest seller's suck. Cause the public's ear sucks.

i said MOST not all there are exceptions.

Mick

Mick

BOOO MICK!

Because it's true most band's biggest seller's suck. Cause the public's ear sucks.

Mick

Sometimes I agree...but Brothers In Arms is the only thing I have heard that I like from Dire Straits...

It's no Born In The USA, however. And that is my least favourite of all Springsteen's classics.

I heard a lot of The Boss in that album.

Mick

BOOO MICK!

Mick

Sometimes I agree...but Brothers In Arms is the only thing I have heard that I like from Dire Straits...

It's no Born In The USA, however. And that is my least favourite of all Springsteen's classics.

I heard a lot of The Boss in that album.

I could make a list on hit albums that i think are the weakest.......not bad........just weakest.

Dire Straits was a cool little no frills band that gave into arena rock.......and were kinda bad at it, lol

Mick

To keep the discography as close to flawless as possible, I would erase these from the history books:

Signals

Roll The Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Clockwork Angels

If you include Signals and Clockwork Angels on that list we're going to have to ask you to pick up your toys and leave.

GOOD DAY, SIR.

;)

• Like 2

Signals

Roll The Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Clockwork Angels

If you include Signals and Clockwork Angels on that list we're going to have to ask you to pick up your toys and leave.

GOOD DAY, SIR.

;)

FLIPS TABLE

Signals

Roll The Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Clockwork Angels

GOOD DAY, SIR.

;)

FLIPS TABLE

Segue insists on dropping Signals and hears he cant...

• Like 1

Signals

Roll The Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Clockwork Angels

GOOD DAY, SIR.

;)

FLIPS TABLE

Segue insists on dropping Signals and hears he cant...

http://youtu.be/T-evtnV5_LQ

FLIPS TABLE!

Judas Priest:

Everything after Stained Class

Really?

Stained Class is a masterpiece; I think it might have been their finest ever. But I wouldn't dispose of everything after; not by a long stretch.

Didn't you just listen to British Steel, I saw?

• Like 1

Judas Priest:

Really?

Stained Class is a masterpiece; I think it might have been their finest ever. But I wouldn't dispose of everything after; not by a long stretch.

I noticed fhat as well

• Like 1

Judas Priest:

Really?

I noticed fhat as well

Of course I listened to it. I like to be honest. I honestly think it is dreadful.

Actually there are some good songs on Screaming For Vengeance but it gets boring quickly.

• Like 1

Judas Priest:

Really?

I noticed fhat as well

Of course I listened to it. I like to be honest. I honestly think it is dreadful.

Fair enough; I just wondered.

There is one song on British Steel that I dislike, and that's United. The rest of it I think is really strong.

Judas Priest:

Anyone who doesn't like British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance should make like Skid Row and GET THE f**k OUT!

Wire -- IBTABA, Manscape, and The Drill; three consecutive late '80s piles of kohmplete krahp from on otherwise brilliant band. Were suffering from a bad '80s hangover and apparently just didn't give a sh*t.

The Church -- Sometime Anywhere and Magician Among the Spirits; two consecutive mid '90s missteps made by an incomplete and unfocused band. A complete lineup would regroup with the brilliant Hologram of Baal and have been awesome since.

Cinerama -- Disco Volante. Second of three albums; the unlovable middle child. Despite the very cool name (Largo's hydrofoil yacht in Thunderball, and also a cool-as-h*ll classic Alfa Romeo) the album is pretty meh except for the highlights, but those are also found on the superior singles compilation Holiday, making Disco Volante superfluous.

Aerosmith -- everything after Draw the Line (DtL is a definite downturn, but it has its moments).

Pink Floyd -- everything after The Final Cut. I love David Gilmour -- I REALLY love David Gilmour -- but he should have recorded those following albums as David Gilmour albums.

Rush -- Power Windows through T4E. Through CP there is enough good material for a few singles is all. T4E could have been a pretty good EP/mini LP.

Van Halen -- Diver Down, and then everything with Hagar.

Radiohead -- Pablo Honey. Their awful, horrible first album. Four fairly passable good songs IMO. The rest is painful. How this band went from that to the excellent The Bends and then to the incomparable OK Computer will forever be one of those unsolvable mysteries.

The Beatles -- Yellow Submarine. Should have been an EP of the first side songs only, second side is a waste of petroleum. Where was Al Gore to threaten them with a carbon tax.

Re Let It Be, if it had Don't Let Me Down, had Paul donated Maybe I'm Amazed to it (though it hadn't been recorded in the Let it Be sessions, but then neither had Across the Universe), and if it had not been butchered by Phil Spector's meddling (if it was more like that Naked version), that would have been an album that measured up to their best, rather than a somewhat misbegotten afterthought.

Edited by Rutlefan