THE ONLY COLLEGE THREAD

That One Guy

School is going well today!

I'm too lazy to type this out, so I'm just gonna quote you TOG and say that the same applied to me today for my first day back in the city where everything is overpriced.

Prices for everything on campus went up this time around for me

Thought I signed up for the best weekend course ever, Advanced Camping! Should've read the fine print where it explained advanced camping was in inclement weather conditions (Eg; Rain) On a brighter note at least I picked a camper to do the course and not a tent! Those poor bastards! Well I still will get the credit none the less :yay: : :LOL: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Thought I signed up for the best weekend course ever, Advanced Camping! Should've read the fine print where it explained advanced camping was in inclement weather conditions (Eg; Rain) On a brighter note at least I picked a camper to do the course and not a tent! Those poor bastards! Well I still will get the credit none the less :yay: : :LOL:

Can't beat camping!

A class I'm taking for my final semester in spring is Backpacking I. Should be fun!

Also, I'm organizing a two-nighter during fall break. I haven't done a two night campout in two years! How can I call myself an ultimate outdoorsman with such a track record??

• Like 2

A guest speaker came into Career Strategies class today and he gave out DVD/BluRays of his work to random students and even a vinyl LP of a film soundtrack to one of them to a friend of mine. He didn't have a turntable so he gave it to me instead. Nice guesture of him! :ebert:

Same friend of mine had a good productive discussion about music and what we were listening to over the summer and stuff during break. We mutually agreed that Animals was our favorite Floyd album. He's a cool kid, and I guess we relate in a "lone-wolf" sort of way.

Got free food from Garmin today at their outdoor info session. The session itself was underwhelming, as they didn't really have anything besides 3 people and a little board with their tech products on it. As such, they were all busy talking to people the whole time and it was probably a waste printing out resumes since they just tell you to apply online, anyway.

Can't start on senior design until probably the end of the month cause the company contact went on vacation for 2 weeks :sigh:

3 midterm tentative dates for next month.

Just some small assignments here and there, so I've mostly been doing stuff for the career fair that happens in 2 weeks. Otherwise it's been a bunch of video games and working on my personal pet Android app.

Oh, and f**k algorithms homework.

Edited by BowlCity

Finally applied to some internships with a decent resume. Gonna sign up for an "Accounting Banquet" tomorrow so I can rub elbows with recruiters and eat at a fancy establishment

Nice!

I went to a transportation engineering luncheon today at a so-so joint, where I chatted with some firms. Fun!

Currently looking at some post-production internships for spring semester. I feel like if I tried to get one now, it'll just be too much for me to handle considering I'm trying to get at least half of my thesis project done before the end of fall semester.

Class sucks today! Pop quiz! Run a 2 inch steam condesate vent pipe in a hospital basement after everyone else is done. Pipe has to maintain 1/16 inch fall and there is no clear path joy oh joy!! I hate pop quizes!! :fury: :yay: :fury: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Done with hw and got back from work:

http://i.imgur.com/lbb3D7G.gif

10/10

How come I JUST FOUND THIS THREAD?!?!

Idk but welcome, brother!

Some cashier at the university convenience store saw my P/G shirt and told me it's his all time favorite album. I told him to shut the f**k up and give me my change already :LOL:

But seriously, the test that I'm studying for tomorrow is massive loads of horsecockery. 2/10, wnb.

• Like 1

School started this week for me.

Science Fiction Film was pretty fun. Lecture is basically watching a different film each week. This week's screening was War of the Worlds, 1953 version

Plan for today: join the music club + choir, apply for volunteering position

Gotta start dabbling in student activities this year and acquire some sort of social life :LOL:

Edited by lemonycake
  • Like 1

Materials Science test was insaaaaaaaaaane. Loads of obscene horsecockery. There will probably be a heavy curve. No one walked out remotely happy.

But here comes the weekend!

School started this week for me.

Science Fiction Film was pretty fun. Lecture is basically watching a different film each week. This week's screening was War of the Worlds, 1953 version

Plan for today: join the music club + choir, apply for volunteering position

Gotta start dabbling in student activities this year and acquire some sort of social life :LOL:

As a senior, I finally made it a point this year to join a student organization. The one I picked is the transportation club for people that dig transportation engineering. There's plenty of events with industry to network, and a steady supply of lunches and trips. Camping trip at Arches National Park during fall break!

5th week rolls in tomorrow.

• Like 1