What do you do when you can't sleep?

toymaker

I get on the computer or watch a show I like on TV...not gonna suffer from that tonight......

That makes me wake up more. The "blue light" thing I guess.

• Like 2

I get on the computer or watch a show I like on TV...not gonna suffer from that tonight......

Yep,

That's the last I would do. But that's just me.

• Like 1

Yep,

Me too, but maybe checking in on TRF helps put ORFie to sleep. :LOL: :cool:

• Like 3

Haven't heard of the 'Blue light' thingie.....

Yep,

Me too, but maybe checking in on TRF helps put ORFie to sleep. :LOL: :cool:

Nope, I generally go to Pogo Games and play the game or games I like. I'm on a Mahjong Safari kick right now. Mahjong Garden is another fave.

I still sleep bad so I read to try and stave off my obsessive compulsive disorder.

Which doesn't always work as I shampooed my carpet the other night twice and then fluffed it dry with a hand towel for 6 hours straight (totally normal behaviour atm).

That sounds like Jordan from the movie Real Genius :D

• Like 1

I still sleep bad so I read to try and stave off my obsessive compulsive disorder.

Which doesn't always work as I shampooed my carpet the other night twice and then fluffed it dry with a hand towel for 6 hours straight (totally normal behaviour atm).

Never heard of him......barb barb barbaLOOT!

Great movie! Cute girl!

Jordan: Are you peeing?

Mitch: I can't start.

Jordan: Because I'm here?

Mitch: Yes.

Jordan: Weird. Ok, I have to go. ((abruptly scurries off full of nervous energy))

:LOL:

Great movie! Cute girl!

Jordan: Weird. Ok, I have to go. ((abruptly scurries off full of nervous energy))

I ALSO HABE A SHY BLADDER!

I need to see this film...sounds like my biopic...

Great movie! Cute girl!

I think you'd like it.

Mid 80s Val Kilmer is pretty funny in this. And it has that dickhead from Ghostbusters who's an even bigger dickhead in this. He's perfect in that role! :LOL:

A lot of witty lines in this. Plus, given your appreciation of 80s music, I think you'd probably like the soundtrack too.

• Like 3

Great movie! Cute girl!

I think you'd like it.

Mid 80s Val Kilmer is pretty funny in this. And it has that dickhead from Ghostbusters who's an even bigger dickhead in this. He's perfect in that role! :LOL:

A lot of witty lines in this. Plus, given your appreciation of 80s music, I think you'd probably like the soundtrack too.

Oh, the theme song for Real Genius was Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" since it fit with the plot.

Not too long ago I remember there was the idea of developing it into a tv show. Hope that doesn't happen because that movie is a classic.

If I can't sleep, I do nothing about it. I just keep doing whatever I have to, as if I had slept six hours. Then, I wait to get very tired, really sleepy in a "can't take it anymore state" then... I get enough and go...

I do nothing about it. I just stay awake until my break point which can take two days.

• Like 2

If I can't sleep, I do nothing about it. I just keep doing whatever I have to, as if I had slept six hours. Then, I wait to get very tired, really sleepy in a "can't take it anymore state" then... I get enough and go...

I do nothing about it. I just stay awake until my break point which can take two days.

Same here.

Great movie! Cute girl!

The movie was filmed at Cal Tech in Pasadena, which is full of the types of students you see in the movie. Jordan's character was based off a student (one of the rare female students there) who attended.

• Like 1

I PUKE. LOUD AND LONG. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Sick-Vomiting/pukeExorcist.gif

Computers, tablets and phones emit light heavy in the blue end of the spectrum which has been shown to stimulate the brain to wake up.

• Like 2

Computers, tablets and phones emit light heavy in the blue end of the spectrum which has been shown to stimulate the brain to wake up.

• Like 1

I have no choice but to take medication every night to sleep...I have severe mental health problems which won't allow me to sleep naturally....I have tried all the gamut of alternative therapies including melatonin...nothing works.

Saying that, with the meds I now sleep soundly.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 1

Tom Seleck as Frank Reagan: :"Oh."

:ebert: :notworthy: :banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFGfITh7mM

I'd listen to "Blue Light" while I was playing games on Pogo! Love's me some David Gilmour!!!

I always sleep with a 'white noise' machine whirring in the background. I can't sleep if it is completely silent. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Oh yeah - if I can't sleep I also have this turtle (which is for little kids) that lights up the ceiling with stars ( amber , blue or green). juvenile, but it helps.
  • Like 3

I always sleep with a 'white noise' machine whirring in the background. I can't sleep if it is completely silent. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Oh yeah - if I can't sleep I also have this turtle (which is for little kids) that lights up the ceiling with stars ( amber , blue or green). juvenile, but it helps.

I usually have a fan noise going because of my tinnitus. Drives me nuts when it's perfectly quiet.

• Like 3

What is weird for me is,

A train, dishwasher and washer/dryer never really bother me.Why, i have no idea. The TV, music or people talking drives me nuts. I think it must be the change of voice ect... Especially the TV.

• Like 2