The TRF Daily Log

Lorraine

So, no one is gonna answer as to who was bullied away? :huh:

I have some ideas, but no. I don't think it's wise to be name-dropping at all, in a case like this.

I wasn't going to say anything. If members who are here as much, if not more, than I am aren't observant, what can I say?

And the parties all involved are all liked by me, so it's not a question of taking sides. I just don't understand why, for the most part, we can't all get along.

If someone gets under your skin, ignore them the best you can. Unless, of course, they become belligerent and aggressive, then other remedies can be taken I guess.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

So, without naming any names, what happened? I noticed Segue hadn't been around but people come and go on message boards, so I didn't think much of it at first.

I'm not going into details. I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up. The only reason I did is because Segue brings oomph to this place. His absence is noticed.

• Like 2

I just don't understand why, for the most part, we can't all get along.

I totally agree with you...I think it's because there is always some contingent of people who think it's okay on an online forum to say certain things that they never would if they were speaking in-person.

I'm not aware what it was that happened, exactly, so I am making a generalization, there. But I think there's some validity to it.

So, without naming any names, what happened? I noticed Segue hadn't been around but people come and go on message boards, so I didn't think much of it at first.

I'm not going into details. I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up. The only reason I did is because Segue brings oomph to this place. His absence is noticed.

I didn't even realize this. I thought he was just coming and going as some do. I have been sort of out of it lately and really hadn't noticed. Shame on me. Love ya Segue!!... :cheers:

I'm probably generalizing too, but I think when you're younger sometimes it's harder to just let stuff roll off your back; you don't have as thick of a skin yet. Maybe we should all try to remember that . . . .
  • Like 2

I'm probably generalizing too, but I think when you're younger sometimes it's harder to just let stuff roll off your back; you don't have as thick of a skin yet. Maybe we should all try to remember that . . . .

People always say that. But I've noticed that it's easy to say when you aren't the recipient of the behavior. It's not so easy to let things roll off of your back when it's a place like TRF. This is more of a family than just another run-of-the-mill forum. Actions and words hurt.

• Like 2

This is more of a family than just another run-of-the-mill forum. Actions and words hurt.

That is so true.

There are other Rush forums and of other bands that are just brutal.

I've seen some threads on an Alice Cooper forum that would make us all leave.

This is a kinder gentler corner of cyberspace.

• Like 3

Heck I am old and still struggle with this kind of thing. I will say however the medications I take have helped with this though. Only problem is now I don't give a sh*t about much of anything so there is that too... :)
  • Like 1

People always say that. But I've noticed that it's easy to say when you aren't the recipient of the behavior. It's not so easy to let things roll off of your back when it's a place like TRF. This is more of a family than just another run-of-the-mill forum. Actions and words hurt.

I feel that way, too, but I also know there are people here (perhaps even some who are here every day) who don't see it that way. It's a difficult thing, sometimes.

I care about the way my words are being taken, when I post them, and I care about the personality that I'm projecting- yes, even to those who don't know me at all (which is a great many people here).

We can't always count on others to see things the same way we do. And I guess that's not a huge revelation or anything. It would be nice if we could count on a certain level of maturity, or whatever we should call it, for everybody to be able to see the forest beyond the trees.

• Like 2

This is more of a family than just another run-of-the-mill forum. Actions and words hurt.

That is so true.

There are other Rush forums and of other bands that are just brutal.

I've seen some threads on an Alice Cooper forum that would make us all leave.

This is a kinder gentler corner of cyberspace.

True. I agree.

And I also think you're right that it's just temporary...he'll be back around, at some point. I do hope so, anyway.

I feel that way, too, but I also know there are people here (perhaps even some who are here every day) who don't see it that way. It's a difficult thing, sometimes.

I care about the way my words are being taken, when I post them, and I care about the personality that I'm projecting- yes, even to those who don't know me at all (which is a great many people here).

We can't always count on others to see things the same way we do. And I guess that's not a huge revelation or anything. It would be nice if we could count on a certain level of maturity, or whatever we should call it, for everybody to be able to see the forest beyond the trees.

You are right, and we know all that. Not everyone is going to get along all of the time. And no one could ever expect any of us to all agree about any one thing. :LOL: I don't think that any two here can even rank the songs off of just one Rush album the same. :LOL:

And maybe some here just don't care as you say. :(

• Like 2

Yes, I agree with you and Lorraine; that's what I was attempting to say, we need to consider others when we are posting . . . .

• Like 2

Yes, I agree with you and Lorraine; that's what I was attempting to say, we need to consider others when we are posting . . . .

And I believe we are all preaching to a certain choir, here... :LOL:

:)

When I was in my early and mid-20s, I had this idea that I was going to start an intentional community. :P

I should do that! For all True and Respectful Rush Fans...

• Like 3

Come back Segue!!!

We need someone to bake a festive cupcake for Narps' 25000 Epic Posts

celebration!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: .... :yes:
  • Like 2