Hot Topic has a new Rush shirt online

robertrobyn

Hot Topic has a new Rush shirt today. If you use promo code today online only it takes 30% off. Make sure you get a size bigger. HT shirts run a size small promo code TAKETHIRTY

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Guys/Tees/MusicTees/ClassicRockTees/Rush+Live+In+Concert+T-Shirt-10427513.jsp

The rush shirt looks like a straight up bootleg being sold on the sidewalk from a van a few blocks from the place they are playing. What I like it the TPB Lahey I am the liquor shirt
  • Like 2

Too bad my kids grew up! They used to buy so much stuff there (mostly sneakers!) that the clerks were always giving me these cards for $10.00 off next purchase or something like that . . .

I collect shirts and I do not like wearing 99% of my shirts and Hot Topic down at the local mall is a great place to get shirts that are cheap so I can wear them.

So the kids who don't really know who they even are can at least look cool wearing their shirt. Isn't that the basic premise of that store? :LOL:

No, no, no. The premise of Hot Topic is "I am unique, just like everyone else."

This confirms one thing, though: Rush is officially mainstream. They really can... maybe should... retire. We are no longer anti-establishment.

PS Not a complete hater of the shirt. Not my style, but I know my youngest will like it. I appreciate the heads up on the deal.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

I'd rather have either an ARF40 shirt or one with this image...

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/003/566/e6e.jpg

• Like 3

I collect shirts and I do not like wearing 99% of my shirts and Hot Topic down at the local mall is a great place to get shirts that are cheap so I can wear them.

They might be cheaper but I cannot stand rock tshirts that have nothing on the back. Give me something on the back besides that shirt design looks 30 years old.

Edited by g under p
  • Like 2

I collect Rush shirts (that I like) and buy at least one to wear and one to save when possible. I have to have a least some attraction to the design for me to have any interest.

For example I don't think I own one Rush shirt that has the first album logo on it (even though I love the first album.) Rash is a different story of course.

Actually, I take that back. I have a Hold Your Fire bootleg shirt with the logo on the front (and a bunch of other Rush symbols) that my son wears now because it fits him.. Actually, as long as the first album logo it's part of the design and not the entire design I'd be okay with it.

I collect Rush shirts (that I like) and buy at least one to wear and one to save when possible. I have to have a least some attraction to the design for me to have any interest.

For example I don't think I own one Rush shirt that has the first album logo on it (even though I love the first album.) Rash is a different story of course.

Actually, I take that back. I have a Hold Your Fire bootleg shirt with the logo on the front (and a bunch of other Rush symbols) that my son wears now because it fits him.. Actually, as long as the first album logo it's part of the design and not the entire design I'd be okay with it.

What do you save your shirts for? Do you sell them later?

What do you save your shirts for? Do you sell them later?

Never crossed my mind. I suppose if someone wants to offer me a ridiculous amount of money for them I'd consider selling and even then I may not.

I usually wear the extras as long as I can until they wear out, (Then I cut the designs out to save for a future quilting project.)

The originals stay folded in boxes with blocks of cedar in them.

• Like 1

* Out of

The boys would never allow for slang grammar..... and if you had that shirt reading "Straight Out of Willowdale" I would buy at least 10.

• Like 3

* Out of

The boys would never allow for slang grammar..... and if you had that shirt reading "Straight Out of Willowdale" I would buy at least 10.

Where have you been? This is a "thing" now. http://www.buzzfeed.com/genamourbarrett/straight-outta-compton-is-already-the-most-memetacular-film#.uq19dm9m6m

I will ask the random chick at Hot Topic with the pink hair, nose ring, and leather pants (not that this is a bad thing) if she has any Rush shirts in stock.
  • Like 1

I will ask the random chick at Hot Topic with the pink hair, nose ring, and leather pants (not that this is a bad thing) if she has any Rush shirts in stock.

That random chick was so excited when I asked her if she had any Green Lantern T-shirts in stock...though her hair was colored blue at that time.

• Like 1

I ordered mine from hot topic and have not picked it up at the store yet I had it shipped to store at my local mall. rush backstage tweeted out this morning it is now listed on their website so I wonder if it is an official shirt now?