June Interview with Alex Lifeson

anaeel

I haven't seen this posted anywhere. It's a radio interview with Alex from June 16th in Canada.

Interviewer "You're not ready to pack it in are you?"

Alex: "I don't think anyone wants to pack it in or plans to. If anything we would slow down our tour schedule. That's really the only thing that we're talking about."

Edited by anaeel

I haven't seen this posted anywhere. It's a radio interview with Alex from June 16th in Canada.

Alex: "I don't think anyone wants to pack it in or plans to. If anything we would slow down our tour schedule. That's really the only thing that we're talking about."

Which is why Neil jumped off his kit and got all gushy... for the first time in recorded history.

Sorry Al, I get that you and Geddy probably would like this train to keep on a'rollin', but I think you're drummer has very different ideas.

• Like 1

Which is why Neil jumped off his kit and got all gushy... for the first time in recorded history.

Sorry Al, I get that you and Geddy probably would like this train to keep on a'rollin', but I think you're drummer has very different ideas.

Yep. If Neil saw more Rush gigs in his future, I don't think he would've been so giddy at the end and come down front like that. This tour was his farewell to the road and he's thrilled that it's over. Al's and Ged's comments strike me as just hopeful thinking that he'll change his mind. More music though is hopefully something he'd still be up for after a break.

• Like 3

I agree.I think people need to come to the realization that "Its over" or that at least it going to be a lot different from the point forward. Trust me I want to continue but I am realistic about my expectation. I figuare we will hear from them again but. I don't see any new material for at least 2 or 3 three years. We might get more r40 touring in the form of them touring different parts of the world in the future (maybe in 6 months to a year from know). Though that is it.

I wish I could remember what interview it was that Geddy said they will never say "Rush is never going to [fill in the blank] again." He added that it was too embarrassing when and if they should change their minds. He said that Rush wasn't going to become like other bands that announced "farewell tours" over and over again. Edited by Lorraine

I wish I could remember what interview it was that Geddy said they will never say "Rush is never going to [fill in the blank] again." He added that it was too embarrassing when and if they should change their minds. He said that Rush wasn't going to become like other bands that announced "farewell tours" over and over again.

That was recently on That Metal Show.

I wish I could remember what interview it was that Geddy said they will never say "Rush is never going to [fill in the blank] again." He added that it was too embarrassing when and if they should change their minds. He said that Rush wasn't going to become like other bands that announced "farewell tours" over and over again.

I and a few others on here said the same thing regarding a farewell tour announcement. The majority thought otherwise. Guess we'll never know until it happens...or doesn't.

I just love that Alex and Geddy seem so in tune with how fortunate they've been to have such a great run, doing what they love and with all the fan support. They say that so often and it never gets old. They're just good guys.
  • Like 1

..."Its over" or that at least it going to be a lot different from the point forward. Trust me I want to continue but I am realistic about my expectation

There are people who will say you are delusional. Almost everyone here knows things won’t be the same but there is a lot of room between its over and what you described as possible. I’d love for you to be right. Fact is RUSH as we know it is done but we’re not ready to quit cold turkey, we’re hoping Neil isn’t either.

neil always changes his mind. so what if he came to take a bow. he can only grow the way alex and geddy blow ok that was weird

Not reading anything into anything...but it always seems that Geddy and Alex talk Neil into one more set of dates...

Not holding my breath (like the good scuba diver that I am) but I have a feeling that they'll get him out...get a few drinks into him, and make him sign on the dotted line.....

Neil has been quoted by Geddy as saying "Neil doesn't want to be the sole reason Rush ends", and by the media as saying his tendonitis was doing fine this tour.

If R40 is the last ever live gig, it will be the de facto farewell tour. The fact that Rush didn't call it that would become irrelevant.

They are a competitive band. They have always wanted to create artistic music. To give that up cold turkey forever would be surprising.