IT'S OFFICIAL - IT'S OVER!

Tony R

Yes absolutely but I'm not telling you to kill your self. There is a difference. Bad taste? Maybe, get over it.

I don't know man, looking at it from here it just seems wrong. I think I only rip on treeduck because he's a friend and I know I'd need a dozen nuclear warheads to penetrate any layer of sensitivity he may have.

Different strokes for different folks

Sorry, but that's a cop out. If you're going to post a video of someone seriously hurting themselves it better be for a good reason, and I'm having trouble coming up with even one good reason. It's never funny and never really useful beyond reminding us that there are some real f***ing idiots in the world...which is something that can be surmised without the video evidence.

And not to mention, a gif of it was posted to make fun of someone who has been dealing with suicidal thoughts.

And I think I mentioned in the chat it is entirely possible he didn't see the thread where you actually mentioned that you dealt with that. He could have seen some other topics where you were more melodramatic and made a tasteless joke.

• Like 1

The gif did cross the line but maybe this is not the appropriate forum for someone to constantly be posting that they are having suicidal thoughts. There are forums dedicated to that kind of stuff and you should also seek professional help. This is a forum that does not take itself too seriously and most of us are not really equipped to deal with such topics, nor do we want to. Edited by snowdogged

The gif did cross the line but maybe this is not the appropriate forum for someone to constantly be posting that they are having suicidal thoughts. There are forums dedicated to that kind of stuff and you should also seek professional help. This is a forum that does not take itself too seriously and most of us are not really equipped to deal with such topics, nor do we want to.

We might not be equipped to deal with th suicide discussion, but we shouldn't joke about people doing it.

• Like 1

The gif did cross the line but maybe this is not the appropriate forum for someone to constantly be posting that they are having suicidal thoughts. There are forums dedicated to that kind of stuff and you should also seek professional help. This is a forum that does not take itself too seriously and most of us are not really equipped to deal with such topics, nor do we want to.

We might not be equipped to deal with th suicide discussion, but we shouldn't joke about people doing it.

Yes exactly. There's bad taste and then there's really bad taste.

I never said it was okay for people to joke about it, but I guess that I never said it was wrong either. I actually believe that you can joke about almost anything if the joke is really funny and is not meant to be cruel. Would it really be all that bad to make someone that is having suicidal thoughts laugh about it? There is a big difference in telling a joke to try to lighten up a situation as opposed to telling a joke just to hurt someone.

Fraroc's suicidal thoughts is news to me. If any of you consider yourselves his friend or are concerned about his well-being, you should be insisting that he get professional help and limit his time in forums that aren't set up to deal with people thinking suicidal thoughts. TRF is no place for someone with issues bad enough to cause suicidal thoughts, imo.
  • Like 2

Fraroc's suicidal thoughts is news to me. If any of you consider yourselves his friend or are concerned about his well-being, you should be insisting that he get professional help and limit his time in forums that aren't set up to deal with people thinking suicidal thoughts. TRF is no place for someone with issues bad enough to cause suicidal thoughts, imo.

There have been a thread or two addressing this issue.

• Like 2

. Edited by Segue Myles

There have been a thread or two addressing this issue.

Or three... :sigh: Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Fraroc brings the criticism on himself though.

Just' sayin'. When I got upset over a thread the mighty Treeduck started, I soon came to my senses and realised I was annoying to the nth degree.

A teensy bit of self awareness would not go amiss with Fraroc (and no I don't think self pity counts).

• Like 2

Just' sayin'. When I got upset over a thread the mighty Treeduck started, I soon came to my senses and realised I was annoying to the nth degree.

A teensy bit of self awareness would not go amiss with Fraroc (and no I don't think self pity counts).

The rub is that his condition may make what you are suggesting very difficult. We all have our struggles, sometimes so challenging to us that we can't imagine that others' are greater still.
  • Like 3

Yes absolutely but I'm not telling you to kill your self. There is a difference. Bad taste? Maybe, get over it.

I don't know man, looking at it from here it just seems wrong. I think I only rip on treeduck because he's a friend and I know I'd need a dozen nuclear warheads to penetrate any layer of sensitivity he may have.

Different strokes for different folks

Sorry, but that's a cop out. If you're going to post a video of someone seriously hurting themselves it better be for a good reason, and I'm having trouble coming up with even one good reason. It's never funny and never really useful beyond reminding us that there are some real f***ing idiots in the world...which is something that can be surmised without the video evidence.

And not to mention, a gif of it was posted to make fun of someone who has been dealing with suicidal thoughts.

And I think I mentioned in the chat it is entirely possible he didn't see the thread where you actually mentioned that you dealt with that. He could have seen some other topics where you were more melodramatic and made a tasteless joke.

Now this is possible and maybe even plausible. I am kind of hoping so anyway. I certainly don't see and read everything around here as I am sure most don't as that would be nearly impossible. Hell I just found this and this was going on mostly yesterday and I was around here yesterday as per usual. Not trying to make excuses for John but it is possible he didn't know the seriousness of the subject at hand as how it relates to fraroc. Just hoping so is all as I always look for the good in people and tend to ignore the bad and or negative that we all have to some degree as we are all imperfect. A fault of mine and always has been. I am working on it however... :sigh: Edited by Narps

The rub is that his condition may make what you are suggesting very difficult. We all have our struggles, sometimes so challenging to us that we can't imagine that others' are greater still.

I've been very ill with major depression, bi-polar tendencies, suicidal thoughts and gripped by OCD, including severe thoughts of harm to myself.

I also know that this forum is not the place to discuss such matters, and Fraroc is a very rude young man, and I know from experience that not all our faults can, or should even be considered, totally excusable due to mental problems.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I've been very ill with major depression, bi-polar tendencies, suicidal thoughts and gripped by OCD, including severe thoughts of harm to myself.

I also know that this forum is not the place to discuss such matters, and Fraroc is a very rude young man, and I know from experience that not all our faults can, or should even be considered, totally excusable due to mental problems.

You're right.

I think I should stop living in the delusion that I'm a decent human being and accept that I'm a mean, bitter and selfish person and I shouldn't act all high and mighty when someone else is an asshole.

Edited by fraroc

You're right.

I think I should stop living in the delusion that I'm a decent human being and accept that I'm a mean, bitter and selfish person.

You need to quit fishing for sympathy on an Internet forum and get some real life help. Do it, fraroc. No one can help you but yourself.

• Like 8

He's been told that a few times already.

• Like 1

Dang Segue dropping the anvil with that one. I can understand the sentiment though. Unfortunate for me as I said I always try to look for and see the good it all people and believe they are worth helping and saving. It drove me crazy when I used to manage many folks in my former work life and the reason I got out of the management part of my industry eventually. It was chewing me up inside to believe my employees would actually do things that were improper and I would have to reprimand them. Trying not to hurt others in any way is a tightrope that I have walked all my life and some of the things that I am discussing with my therapist. Confrontation is inevitable in life and I can't avoid it forever... :sigh:

You're right.

I think I should stop living in the delusion that I'm a decent human being and accept that I'm a mean, bitter and selfish person and I shouldn't act all high and mighty when someone else is an asshole.

Hmmmmm... I would love to help and i bet as many. But we can not help you by something we didn't pas through. I would love to help u by giving a speech about how wonderful life is, but i can't; not because i would lie, but because i don't know you main need...

Either way I wish only the best for fraroc and hope he finds the help he needs and finds peace and the good that I believe that is in all of us somewhere... :cheerleader:
  • Like 1

Every week it's a new drama with him.

As JARG said, if he has that many issues, this is not the place to seek help or to be.

We can't all walk on eggshells around here.

Then don't worry about me if you don't want to walk on eggshells. Please. You don't have to worry.....I'll figure something out eventually.

Every week it's a new drama with him.

As JARG said, if he has that many issues, this is not the place to seek help or to be.

We can't all walk on eggshells around here.

But we can dial back the cruelty. This coming from me, who loves to needle folks in good fun.
  • Like 1