Tired of RUSH's Elitist Bull TAI SHAN...be like every other band!!!

JohnRogers

Someone mentioned the Eagles doing more than one farewell tour. The difference with them it was all about the money and they admitted it...put on an actual, honest farewell tour. My wife is the optimist who keeps telling me that every time she hears that someone's tour is their last, they come back anyway. And my wife is always right!

I'm soooo tired of the elitist snobbery that is Rush. There're too good to do a farewell tour every few years, they respect their fans too much to put out an inferior product, they don't really know so they won't really say.

FU, do a farewell tour every few years, release songs deemed not worthy for release as a new album, stop RESPECTING ME my wife doesn't...just take my money!!!

• Like 3

They probably will never have a farewell tour. If they didn't call R40 that then they never will. I firmly believe that if they do retire, they will at least mention it on their web page that they're done. They need to let the fans know it's over and not allow us to keep holding out for something to happen. It would be rather rude of them to not let us know that they're finished. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

They probably will never have a farewell tour. If they didn't call R40 that then they never will. I firmly believe that if they do retire, they will at least mention it on their web page that they're done. They need to let the fans know it's over and not allow us to keep holding out for something to happen. It would be rather rude of them to not let us know that they're finished.

Why would it be rude? They thought it was over (and even said as much in the documentary) in the late 90s yet there was no announcement. I wouldn't be slighted in the least if they didn't make an announcement. They've given me music, I've given them money. That's how our relationship works.

You feel they should make an announcement, they might feel they should too, but they don't owe us anything.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 4

"Tai Shan" is one of the most underrated songs ever made.

Alex's guitar part is off the charts. Neil's drumming is so fun to play along to.

Does not compute.

Then again I hate "Vapor Trails" so whatever.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Alex's guitar part is off the charts. Neil's drumming is so fun to play along to.

Does not compute.

That album was a BIG mistake I refuse to recognize it was ever made, that's not Rush.

• Like 3

Does not compute.

That album was a BIG mistake I refuse to recognize it was ever made, that's not Rush.

You my friend are a newbie but I love your passion. Welcome to The Rush Forum. It will be closing in one year. Kidding.

"Vapor Fails" is one of the worst records ever made.

I actually like "Test For Echo" better!

• Like 1

"Hold Your Fire" is so underrated.

Like I've mentioned on here dude, as a drummer I love playing along to the album.

I see you love Van Halen.

Damn, yet another band I adore. I've written the most Van Halen threads on this forum.

Sam Halen = Vapor Snails

RUSH ON!

They probably will never have a farewell tour. If they didn't call R40 that then they never will. I firmly believe that if they do retire, they will at least mention it on their web page that they're done. They need to let the fans know it's over and not allow us to keep holding out for something to happen. It would be rather rude of them to not let us know that they're finished.

Why would it be rude? They thought it was over (and even said as much in the documentary) in the late 90s yet there was no announcement. I wouldn't be slighted in the least if they didn't make an announcement. They've given me music, I've given them money. That's how our relationship works.

You feel they should make an announcement, they might feel they should too, but they don't owe us anything.

I never said the owed us anything. But if they do decide to retire then they should at least mention it on their web page. It's not a case of owing us anything, it's just letting us know. Just because they didn't make an announcement in the late 90s doesn't mean that it wouldn't have eventually done so if they didn't continue. I think they have enough love for their fans that they will at least make a simple statement on their web page/facebook when they're ready to if they decide to end it.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Why so much against HYF? I love it!

I haven't seen any hate against HYF, in this thread. There are some around here who don't like it (okay, maybe more than 'some')...but I love it, too!

There are actually more people who love it around here than you might think...

• Like 1

I never said the owed us anything. But if they do decide to retire then they should at least mention it on their web page. It's not a case of owing us anything, it's just letting us know. Just because they didn't make an announcement in the late 90s doesn't mean that it wouldn't have eventually done so if they didn't continue. I think they have enough love for their fans that they will at least make a simple statement on their web page/facebook when they're ready to if they decide to end it.

Fair enough. And I didn't say you said they owed us anything either.

I'll say this: (1) if they announce something, that's fine, (2) if they announce something but don't stay retired, that's fine, and (3) if they never make an announcement, that's fine too (as I said). But if you want one then I hope you get one.

Does not compute.

I love Tai Shan and Vapor Trails buddy bud bud!

We can both be cray cray

Does not compute.

We can both be cray cray

I was going to 'like' that post, but I don't hate Vapor Trails anymore. I don't love it, but it has definitely improved.

After all, the Mississippi River starts in Minnesota, in a place where you can just take two steps to cross it. So...

Did someone say something about crazy?

• Like 1

Does not compute.

We can both be cray cray

I was going to 'like' that post, but I don't hate Vapor Trails anymore. I don't love it, but it has definitely improved.

After all, the Mississippi River starts in Minnesota, in a place where you can just take two steps to cross it. So...

8178042.gif

• Like 1

Does not compute.

We can both be cray cray

8178042.gif

Case in point, Segue.

• Like 1

I think rush has already told us what their doing at this time.

Lets be honest if you were in their shoes do you know what you would do in the near future. I recently retired. It's now 6 month later and I am now just deciding what my next "project" is going to be.

Does not compute.

You my friend are a newbie but I love your passion. Welcome to The Rush Forum. It will be closing in one year. Kidding.

"Vapor Fails" is one of the worst records ever made.

I actually like "Test For Echo" better!

So do I

By no means was Vapor Trails one of the worst records ever made. From a production/mixing standpoint - yes, it is one of the loudest and least dynamic ever made, but they corrected that with the Remixed version. There is still some really fine songwriting on that album, and for me it is a time relic that embodies everything the band felt about Neil's return. It is perhaps the most unique Rush album in that respect.
  • Like 3

By no means was Vapor Trails one of the worst records ever made. From a production/mixing standpoint - yes, it is one of the loudest and least dynamic ever made, but they corrected that with the Remixed version. There is still some really fine songwriting on that album, and for me it is a time relic that embodies everything the band felt about Neil's return. It is perhaps the most unique Rush album in that respect.

Exactly!

Despite its sonic deficiencies, Rush was back in business! That fact was all that mattered to me. My favorite band rose from the ashes. Selfish? Probably. Doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned. The train was back on its track.

• Like 2

It's not one of the worst albums ever made in the world. It is by far the worst RUSH record ever made. "Test For Echo" blows it away. JMO

• Like 1

It's not one of the worst albums ever made in the world. It is by far the worst RUSH record ever made. "Test For Echo" blows it away. JMO

Test For Echo is frustrating though because to me the songs are half or part good. The result is a bland and uninspired Rush effort. Definitely my least favorite Rush album.

Edited by calirush
  • Like 2