Emerson, Lake & Palmer

ReRushed

Loved ELP in my teens when I was doing alot of piano lessons. Keith was an idol who, along with Rick Wakeman, could demonstrate that keyboards could rock. Unfortunately, they became a band of bloated egos and imploded. Along with Kansas, they were my first 'proggy' discoveries. Rush soon after.

Having no new relevent material they've fallen way off my chart.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I love the debut a lot. I also have Brain Salad Surgery, and it so far hasn't impressed me.

But the debut is gorgeous!

i think Take A Pebble is my favorite from that one. May be others. It has been decades since I listened to it.

my favorite from the first album is the 3 Fates and at the end how it goes straight into Tank with a drumming sound that travelled back and forth between the speakers... that was so cool back then!

• Like 1

Don't know if anyone has seen this, or even if it has already been posted in this thread, but it is interesting.

Never in a trillion years would I ever have believed this man had I run into him and he told me he was Greg Lake. Not even when he tried to prove it by singing.

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me how you can get two different sounds from a guitar at the same time - one from the neck and the other from that other part.

Sounds like he's either using a loop station or it's just a pre recorded track.

• Like 1

I ask you honestly.

Would you EVERRRRRRRRR have thought this is the man who belonged to King Crimson and ELP?

He's so unassuming.

He's been overweight for a long time. Really nice guy so I've heard.

• Like 1

Again I am very late to this conversation, but closer to believing and lend your love to me tonight are twoof my all-time top favorite songs from anybody .
  • Like 1

I love Greg Lake's voice

It's probably my favorite voice in Prog. He was perfect for Crimson too, same as Wetton

Adrian Belew was great for King Crimson as well, but Greg's voice is stronger.

I don't know about my favorite voice in prog, something about Jon's tone and high-range will forever be majestic.

Edited by Mr. Not