Do you give your pets kisses?

jamie

Not anymore...my baby is gone. 15 years of love and affection. I miss my Lily

Sorry to hear that bro. Get back on the wagon and get another.

I have a Carolina Dog, which I think are more prevalent in your area. Awesome dog, such a sweetheart.

• Like 2

I have a Carolina Dog, which I think are more prevalent in your area. Awesome dog, such a sweetheart.

unfortunately a dog would really jack up the wildlife quotient around my house. Going with a cat again. Or an inside, smaller dog.

I do appreciate the words though. She was a pure joy...who made squirrels nervous.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

unfortunately a dog would really jack up the wildlife quotient around my house. Going with a cat again. Or an inside, smaller dog.

I do appreciate the words though. She was a pure joy...who made squirrels nervous.

I'm sorry to hear that. My dog also enjoys chasing bunnies, squirrels ans stray cats.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to hear that. My dog also enjoys chasing bunnies, squirrels ans stray cats.

Gotta understand...I live in the woods, at the base of a small (700ft) ridge. Dogs go nuts and screw up the deer and turkey trails. Oh, I hate dog shit in my yard.

I've owned animals (dogs, cats, birds) all my life and I don't kiss them. They don't get on furniture, bed, or eat people food either.

Now that's just bizarre.
  • Like 2

Gotta understand...I live in the woods, at the base of a small (700ft) ridge. Dogs go nuts and screw up the deer and turkey trails. Oh, I hate dog shit in my yard.

Isn't that what children are for? :)

I just give them big hugs! Our cats have always been hunters and it kind of ruined the idea of kissing them!

Nobody likes dead bird lips. :P

• Like 1

What is a Carolina dog? Is that a Plott hound? My dog is a mix of Catahoula and Plott hound. Nobody in Ohio has ever heard of either of those breeds in Ohio, it seems. Or at least they hadn't when I got Mike.

I've had him for a little over nine years now. He'll be eleven in September. He was displaced from his original owner by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and I got him from a rescue outfit that took in something like a thousand animals who had all lost their homes in that storm.

I can't imagine I'll ever own another dog as good as he is. He's awesome.

Anyway, he's a herding dog- Catahoulas are mainly used for herding cattle and boar- so he's very territorial, and very protective. Unfortunately he doesn't like other dogs, at all. But he's fantastic in every other way. He's great with my kids, too- always has been.

No, I don't kiss my dogs because they are always sniffing each other's anuses all the time. I think it's disgusting. My dogs get plenty of affection. Also, I feed my dogs all the time, but I don't let them eat out of my plate. I think that is disgusting, too. Just my $.02.
  • Like 1

:rose:

:rose: II... :(

I've owned animals (dogs, cats, birds) all my life and I don't kiss them. They don't get on furniture, bed, or eat people food either.

My cats always sleep with me.

My last cat, after I adopted her I knew she was getting comfortable around me when I woke up one morning and she was sitting on my chest, staring me in the face! (Why is it that cats crawl all over you when you're sleeping and you don't notice?)

Somehow when they sleep with me it makes me feel that they really love me back. Maybe I am just a weirdo but that's what it does for me. Just seems special to me... :wub:
  • Like 1

Yes, I give kisses to my two Maine Coons and then I find more hair in my mouth than I could expect in all the a***s of an entire Ewoks tribe...
  • Like 2

My last cat, after I adopted her I knew she was getting comfortable around me when I woke up one morning and she was sitting on my chest, staring me in the face! (Why is it that cats crawl all over you when you're sleeping and you don't notice?)

Somehow when they sleep with me it makes me feel that they really love me back. Maybe I am just a weirdo but that's what it does for me. Just seems special to me... :wub:

It's got to be a trust thing as well. They must trust us if they go to sleep near us. And I don't think they'd sleep near us if they didn't love us.

• Like 1

It's got to be a trust thing as well. They must trust us if they go to sleep near us. And I don't think they'd sleep near us if they didn't love us.

Mine's virtually asleep next to me right now!

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Babycat4/20150711_172502.jpg

:wub:

• Like 5

What is a Carolina dog? Is that a Plott hound? My dog is a mix of Catahoula and Plott hound. Nobody in Ohio has ever heard of either of those breeds in Ohio, it seems. Or at least they hadn't when I got Mike.

I've had him for a little over nine years now. He'll be eleven in September. He was displaced from his original owner by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and I got him from a rescue outfit that took in something like a thousand animals who had all lost their homes in that storm.

I can't imagine I'll ever own another dog as good as he is. He's awesome.

Anyway, he's a herding dog- Catahoulas are mainly used for herding cattle and boar- so he's very territorial, and very protective. Unfortunately he doesn't like other dogs, at all. But he's fantastic in every other way. He's great with my kids, too- always has been.

Sort of like the Australian Dingo. Their nickname is 'dixie dingo'. Many times they're feral, but they acclimate wonderfully to house life.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/carolinadog.htm

• Like 1

We have a cat named Lily. The neighbor next door took her as a kitten from someone that was going door to door trying to unload her. True to her irresponsible fashion, she dumped her. So she came to us. My husband named her Lily. She's a white manx.

Yes, I give kisses to my two Maine Coons and then I find more hair in my mouth than I could expect in all the a***s of an entire Ewoks tribe...

:drool: You have Maine Coons???? I love them. We had one - Alfred. That was another sad story. Someone drove down the street, stopped, opened up the car door, and dumped him. We took him in. His ending was even sadder, so I won't tell it.

He was a character. And I always say that one day I want to get another one. They have quite the personality. :)

• Like 1