Streaming service , are you using one?

djflex

if this is in the wrong spot sorry...

Just curious who is using these so far. Spotify, apple music, etc

I have deezer. I got in on a trial when i bought my little bose

Bluetooth. Gotta admit i love it so far. Wide variety and for 5 bucks a month unlimited downloads to listen to offline. I drive all day so this datasaver is a plus. The selection is pretty amazing.

I played around with apple music but looked like a sloppy , overly complicated interface...

If using post your thoughts

I had netflix and amazon prime. I just use my cable now, but i liked them both. Just too cheap to pay for them and cable lol

I just starting using Spotify recently and may not completely understand it. I use I Heart Radio and the standard music app that comes on iDevices.

Well, let us know what you think as you get used to it

Since getting deezer i havent used my ipod once and cancelled my emusic subscription

I also have the Beats app but never used it.

I believe beats is now replaced by apple music or just a part of it..

I don't use any of these. I don't know about the other but Spotify ruin the quality on the music with low quality Mp3 music (I bet the other do the same!). So the music sound like crap!

Besides... I wanna support my artists/bands by buying their CDs/ Vinyls

• Like 2

I don't use any of these. I don't know about the other but Spotify ruin the quality on the music with low quality Mp3 music (I bet the other do the same!). So the music sound like crap!

Besides... I wanna support my artists/bands by buying their CDs/ Vinyls

I completely agree. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I like being able to own something tangible with additional content like artwork and lyrics. I even like the anticipation of having to wait for music I've ordered. Furthermore, I don't think that streaming is sustainable in the long term; no artist/band can make a profit from the revenues they receive from streaming. Of course i can see why consumers like the idea of a limitless supply of music for little or minimal cost,but the expectation of getting something for nothing does not sit easily with me.

Streaming services are terrible sound quality and pay almost nothing to the artists. I buy the vinyls to listen at home and use the mp3s for my phone or car, I already know what I want to listen to. I will occasionally steal something to try it out, if I like it a lot I buy it (recently discovered Royal Blood) if I don't I just erase it.
  • Like 1

Lots of interesting posts in here, so thanks.

I know alot of you prefer to own the music and support the artists. As a whole, i agree with this. However since i have had this service it has given me a chance to listen to alot of stuff i never would have been able to purchase. I will also add that i do not believe i have ever pirated anything that was not supported as free and legal. I still own alot of stuff and will likely continue, but changing formats every five years or so and having to repurchase has strained my budget! I also feel it is up to the bands, labels and streaming services to rectify any money disparities. That does not fall on my shoulders, so as a often mobile listener these services work well for me.

I do not feel this type of listening will go away, but instead will continue to grow

Trying out Apple Music now. I love it. The entire iTunes library at my fingertips...good sound quality (good enough for me at least). I'm a huge jazz & Choro fan and now I can dive as deep as I want into those genres as they have a vast library. I'm going to keep it after the trial. And if I want I can download any of it in case I have to airplane mode or have no signal.

Excellent recommendations based on my likes.

The only thing that's bugging me is that Dance of Death by Iron Maiden isn't available but every other studio and live album is...weird.

Edited by theredtamasrule