R40 Kansas City Picket

DirkPrattLerxst

The Westboro Baptist Church is picketing before the R40 show in KC (which I'll be attending) because they're "cursed God-haters from the doomed land of Canada." I'm actually Catholic, but this is ridiculous.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

Scroll down a bit and read the Sprint Center picket.

Edited by DirkPrattLerxst
  • Like 1

The West Baptist Church is picketing before the R40 show in KC (which I'll be attending) because they're "cursed God-haters from the doomed land of Canada." I'm actually Catholic, but this is ridiculous.

http://www.godhatesf...m/schedule.html

It might not be a good idea to click on the link. First of all, is this what you'd want showing up in your cookies and secondly, every click gives them extra hits on their site and attention, of which they're not worthy.

• Like 12

The West Baptist Church is picketing before the R40 show in KC (which I'll be attending) because they're "cursed God-haters from the doomed land of Canada." I'm actually Catholic, but this is ridiculous.

It might not be a good idea to click on the link. First of all, is this what you'd want showing up in your cookies and secondly, every click gives them extra hits on their site and attention, of which they're not worthy.

Good point.

• Like 2

Wow...that is so sad. What an amazingly unproductive and unloving use of precious time. NEWS FLASH...these assholes are not Christians. There is no way that God would condone what these misguided idiots are doing in His name. God is a God of love, not of hate...therefore His hand cannot possibly be upon what these people are doing at a Rush concert or anywhere else for that matter. Sad, just so sad.
  • Like 9

Good point.

True statement, I can't stand mindlessly brainwashed people like them.

Edited by DirkPrattLerxst
  • Like 3

Wow...that is so sad. What an amazingly unproductive and unloving use of precious time. NEWS FLASH...these assholes are not Christians. There is no way that God would condone what these misguided idiots are doing in His name. God is a God of love, not of hate...therefore His hand cannot possibly be upon what these people are doing at a Rush concert or anywhere else for that matter. Sad, just so sad.

Hmm, doesn't it also say in the Bible to "treat others as you would want them to treat you?"

• Like 3

Also, it's Westboro Baptist, not West Baptist. There might actually be a West Baptist church whose name shouldn't be associated with the assholes from Westboro Baptist.
  • Like 3

Hmm, doesn't it also say in the Bible to "treat others as you would want them to treat you?"

The Golden Rule. A great way to live your life whether or not you ever set foot in a house of worship in my opinion... :)
  • Like 6

Sure does...

Luke 6:31

"Do to others as you would have them do to you".

Good thing I dont believe in God or I might be reeeeeaalllyy offended.

It's ok Digital Dad, He believes in you.

And, I'm reeeeeaally offended enough for the both of us.

It might ruin the pre-show dinner for me if I see them out the window.

• Like 1

Don't let it do that. They're a bunch of pathetic, deluded, hateful people who have no power over anything except to the extent you let them.

• Like 1

Don't let it do that. They're a bunch of pathetic, deluded, hateful people who have no power over anything except to the extent you let them.

I'll look at it that way and enjoy my fish and chips! :)

• Like 4

Not reading the rest of the posts in this thread in case of spoilers, but oh boy! I'll be there!

I better buy a bag of tomatoes to throw at them while I wait in line to get in the venue.

• Like 2

Not reading the rest of the posts in this thread in case of spoilers, but oh boy! I'll be there!

I better buy a bag of tomatoes to throw at them while I wait in line to get in the venue.

Tell them they've done more to advance the cause of gay rights than anyone else in America.

You wouldn't be wrong.

Don't throw tomatoes, just laugh at their abject stupidity.

• Like 3

Typing this on husband's mini tablet. It's hard for me since I have klutzy fingers but we returned from vacation to find we had a lightning strike that took out our internet, yay. Westboro makes me so

hacked off that I felt I had to post, though. I'll try to be brief. My area has had the WBC military funeral appearances over many years and thankfully the rolling thunder motorcycle vets blockades. What was the worst though was when a Mennonite family lost 8 or 9 kids in a house fire and they kept saying they would come .to those services. A well planned blockade was organized and they just didn't show ,which has happened other times in our town as well. These people have a sick need for attention and live for a fuss to be made, hence the frequent announcements of pickets. These days they often don't show. If they do,they have gotten a permit, checked the legal protest area, and are staying within it since they hate fines. If they really are at the concert, go in a different entrance, give a wide berth, and don't engage. They aren't worth anyone's time and play weird games.

• Like 5

The Westboro Baptist Church is picketing before the R40 show in KC (which I'll be attending) because they're "cursed God-haters from the doomed land of Canada."

Sounds like something I'd read in The Onion. Talk about folks that need to get a life.

• Like 4

Ok so here the dichotomy.

A: There is no God

B: A Non-Existing entity believes in me

C: I don't believe it.

• Like 3

Rush should give WBC a one-finger salute by playing "Witch Hunt" that night.

The Way the Wind Blows, Faithless, Armor and Sword, BU2B... there's a lot of options here, honestly.

Oh! And don't forget Nobody's Hero!

Edited by New World Kid
  • Like 1