R40 Kansas City Picket

DirkPrattLerxst

blueschica said :Typing this on husband's mini tablet. It's hard for me since I have klutzy fingers but we returned from vacation to find we had a lightning strike that took out our internet, yay. Westboro makes me so hacked off that I felt I had to post, though. I'll try to be brief. My area has had the WBC military funeral appearances over many years and thankfully the rolling thunder motorcycle vets blockades. What was the worst though was when a Mennonite family lost 8 or 9 kids in a house fire and they kept saying they would come .to those services. A well planned blockade was organized and they just didn't show ,which has happened other times in our town as well. These people have a sick need for attention and live for a fuss to be made, hence the frequent announcements of pickets. These days they often don't show. If they do,they have gotten a permit, checked the legal protest area, and are staying within it since they hate fines. If they really are at the concert, go in a different entrance, give a wide berth, and don't engage. They aren't worth anyone's time and play weird games.

Spot on! Starve this pond live of the oxygen of attention.

Edited by foghorn-leghorn
  • Like 1

Rush should give WBC a one-finger salute by playing "Witch Hunt" that night.

The Way the Wind Blows, Faithless, Armor and Sword, BU2B... there's a lot of options here, honestly.

Oh! And don't forget Nobody's Hero!

BLASTPHEMY! MUST DO MY FAVORITE SONG

lol :)

Good thing I dont believe in God or I might be reeeeeaalllyy offended.

It's ok Digital Dad, He believes in you.

And, I'm reeeeeaally offended enough for the both of us.

Ok so here the dichotomy.

A: There is no God

B: A Non-Existing entity believes in me

C: I don't believe it.

Good thing I dont believe in God or I might be reeeeeaalllyy offended.

It's ok Digital Dad, He believes in you.

And, I'm reeeeeaally offended enough for the both of us.

Ok so here the dichotomy.

A: There is no God

B: A Non-Existing entity believes in me

C: I don't believe it.

A: I respect you

B: I respect your beliefs

C: I promise not to picket you

:)

• Like 5

Im a huge Rush fan (duh) AND A Christian.

The problem with the protestors is that they ignorantly assume Rush's music/lyrics will influence the minds of the listener. Hopefully we are smarter than that!

The problem with some posters on here is the ignorant attack on ALL Christians. Hopefully we are smarter than that...

• Like 3

And the most appalling thing about Westboro Baptist CULT is that they are teaching CHILDREN to hate like that. :rage:

From the middle east... to the middle west

• Like 1

Those folks at Westboro have been 'LOSING IT' for years.

Although they are expressing their 'FREEWILL' to protest.

Let's 'HOPE' their bus breaks down on the way to the gig.

• Like 1

Of course we COULD view this in a positive way....this is one more sign that the boys have "made it". I don't think they would have garnered this attention 10 years ago.

Mebbe someone in the Westboro clan is a closet 'Rolling Stone' reader??

Clem

• Like 1

If anyone else wants to read this trash without clicking on the link....(Note: Please delete if reposting from another site is not allowed...I apologize).

Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO July 9, 2015 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM

RUSH, the cursed God-haters who hail from the doomed land of Canada finally made the cover of Rolling Stone after 41 years. Yes, that same sodomite-loving Canada that passed draconian laws making it a crime to preach the gospel! What does this have to do with the rock band RUSH, you ask? Inasmuch that they have a platform, of any kind, they should have been boldly outspoken against the grievous, national sins of Canada: same-sex marriage, sex trafficking & the outlawing of gospel preaching. In addition, Toronto is their hometown, famously known for its rabidly proud f** community. Visit our website for more details about the sins of Canada:www.GodHatesTheWorld.com/canada.

Neil Peart, Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson should be known only for their protestations against the sins of the neighbors. So far from fulfilling that duty, they have been the chief proponent in the world of rock and roll of the lying, antichristic doctrine of free will (and specifically against the Bible doctrine of predestination). These post-modern priests have a song called Free Will with these lyrics: 'All preordained, a prisoner in chains, a victim of venomous fate, kicked in the face, you can't pray for a place, in heaven's unearthly estate. You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice, you can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill, I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will.' These lyrics are in direct contradiction to God's word: 'Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?' (Romans 9:20) and 'For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.' (Amos 4:13) There's still time; they still draw breath - so they ought to repent and beseech their fellow humans to fear and obey the Lord Jesus Christ. Will God have mercy on RUSH & their fans, giving them the gift of repentance? 'Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;..' (2 Corinthians 5:11)

Edited by Xanadu

Doomed Land of Canada should be the name of the R40 DVD filmed in TORONNA !!!!!!!

:drool: :Neil: :Alex: :geddy: :guitar: :NP: :rush:

• Like 1

God have mercy on RUSH & their fans, giving them the gift of repentance?

I'm past the point of no return when it comes to being a :rush: fan and I am damn fine and content with it! Whatcha gonna do 'bout that Westboro?

Half of the time Westboro doesn't show up, they are cowards when you get right down to it. I remember some church shortly after the Columbine high school shootings in Colorado showing up at a Marilyn Manson concert with a cookie and drink table to show support for the community's youth, even the ones that liked Marilyn Manson. It was probably harder for some of the church goers than picketing and no doubt meant more in the long run. :)

Half of the time Westboro doesn't show up, they are cowards when you get right down to it. I remember some church shortly after the Columbine high school shootings in Colorado showing up at a Marilyn Manson concert with a cookie and drink table to show support for the community's youth, even the ones that liked Marilyn Manson. It was probably harder for some of the church goers than picketing and no doubt meant more in the long run. :)

Sign me up for that church, please.

Clem

• Like 1

Why give those sacks of shite any attention?

They're the internet trolls of the religious world. They've figured out that the best way to ensure a never-ending stream of attention is to be as offensive as possible. "Don't feed the troll!" is excellent advice, but they're very good at making that very hard to do.

• Like 2

I wouldn't let it ruin my time. All they want is attention.
  • Like 2