R40 Kansas City Picket

DirkPrattLerxst

Any particular reason why the protest is happening in KC? Is that where their little troll gang is based?

They're based in Topeka.

When people have so much emotion invested in expressing negativity - whether it be towards music or artists, or a lifestyle - you have to wonder where it stems from ...

I think it comes from their own fascination and attraction with whatever it is they feel they are missing out on ... In other words, the angry protesters would probably be much happier and more positive people if they simply had the courage to come out of their closets ...

Their anger stems from not being able to control people. But the root of the problem is that they're convinced THEY have the best direct line to God and what he wants and expects from us. And if they can't convince people to live the way God has instructed (via his chosen messengers, WBC of course), it's time to start shaming. They are a sad and sickening bunch.
  • Like 1

They're a cult, no?

This is an uneducated guess, but I have a feeling that they brainwash their children from a young age.

Their anger stems from not being able to control people. But the root of the problem is that they're convinced THEY have the best direct line to God and what he wants and expects from us. And if they can't convince people to live the way God has instructed (via his chosen messengers, WBC of course), it's time to start shaming. They are a sad and sickening bunch.

Sounds like they need to picket themselves for acting in a way I am pretty sure God wouldn't approve of either.

They're a cult, no?

This is an uneducated guess, but I have a feeling that they brainwash their children from a young age.

Oh, no doubt they do. What I wonder is how many of those kids that they teach to hate gays will turn out to BE gay.

Kansas Citian and Topeka native here. I'll be there but won't bother with WBC, I've seen their show before.

Have had to live with being from the same town as these stains most of my life.

Just ignore them. They only revel in spotlight.

They got a lot more mileage when what they did stirred up more intense emotions. Fred Phelps was very smart about Constitutional law and made sure that some of his kids were just as clever about it, Shirley, the current leader, is an attorney. Going to extreme measures to try and silence them only resulted in a re-affirmation of their 1st Amendment rights to their vileness as well as people having to pay their court costs to boot.

Just ignore them. Don't even ask them why, turn around and say goodbye.

Or, I guess the boys could sing to them in front of the Sprint Center like the Foo Fighters did...

• Like 3

Oh speaking about Westboro, they protested my denomination's General Assembly...and left

‘Angels’ from Orlando peacefully block Westboro Baptist Church protesters in Columbus

And yes, many of the U.U. members are Rush fans too. I did a workshop in Portland Oregon and I wore my Rush sweat shirt too. I received a lot of compliments about my sweatshirt too

• Like 1