CA Album Battle 12: Clockwork Angels vs. Hold Your Fire

Segue Myles

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best?

HYF. Easily.

Mick

I won't say 'easily' to point to any deficiency in Clockwork Angels, because I don't think there is any. I love both albums.

I just can't vote against Hold Your Fire, ever ever ever. It wins. Up there with the hallowed '76-'81 period, for me.

Edit- Great to see you again, Mick!

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

I won't say 'easily' to point to any deficiency in Clockwork Angels, because I don't think there is any. I love both albums.

I just can't vote against Hold Your Fire, ever ever ever. It wins.

Thanks man!!!!!! Let me tell ya. a small break does wonders. I reccomend it to anyone who feels overwhelmed here.

Mick

• Like 2

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Thanks man!!!!!! Let me tell ya. a small break does wonders. I reccomend it to anyone who feels overwhelmed here.

Mick

Welcome back brother... :cheers:
  • Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Welcome back brother... :cheers:

Narps!!!! :hug2:

Good to be back

• Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

• Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

oh good Lorraine glad you decided to come back. Honestly you were on my mind a lot.

:hug2:

Mick

• Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

Great to see you as well, Lorraine!

• Like 2

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

oh good Lorraine glad you decided to come back. Honestly you were on my mind a lot.

Mick

Mick, you too. Would you believe me if I told you I cried?

• Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

Mick

Aww Lorraine :hug2:

Truth is after a day i missed it here.

i just needed a break though.

Mick

• Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

Mick

My eyes are moist right now

I just can't vote against Hold Your Fire, ever ever ever. It wins. Up there with the hallowed '76-'81 period, for me.

:o

• Like 1

Early on, it was an emotional attachment, for me, which is still quite significant. But I also think the music has aged more gracefully than anything else out of the synth period.

Much more so even than Counterparts, let's say...which I used to absolutely love.

I know you can't stand Hold Your Fire ;) ...but this is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Early on, it was an emotional attachment, for me, which is still quite significant. But I also think the music has aged more gracefully than anything else out of the synth period.

Much more so even than Counterparts, let's say...which I used to absolutely love.

I know you can't stand Hold Your Fire ;) ...but this is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

:)

HYF. is now my 2nd fav Rush album.

no joke.

i LOVE this record.

Mick

I have long said that it is my favourite, along with a rotating two or so more, from Kings through Moving Pictures...Clockwork Angels is also up there, for me. I have never had a solid top five, or top ten, or anything like that...I just meant that Hold Your Fire is among their very best ever, in my book...and so is CA- up there, as I said, with the '76-'81 period. But Hold Your Fire wins in this one, for me.

• Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

Mick

Mick

This place is seriously lacking when you guys aren't here. Unlike some others I won't mention.

• Like 1

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

Mick

Mick

This place is seriously lacking when you guys aren't here. Unlike some others I won't mention.

That's very nice of you to say that, Eagle. Thank you!

HYF. Easily.

Mick

Mick

Quite right, Mick.

Mick

Mick

That's very nice of you to say that, Eagle. Thank you!

You're very welcome. I've missed your presence here. :)

• Like 1