Art of Rush Book Anyone get it yet??

robertrobyn

Just wish they'd have it in the merch booths at the shows....it would be easier to sneak into the house without the Mrs. knowing what I paid for it! :LMAO:

Ship it to your job

Technically.... I work out if my house...

I just now noticed the other 2 editions of the book....HOLY CRAP...$500 for the "Slipcase" edition, and $1,000 for the "Roadcase" edition??? Yeah - they are signed by the band, AND Hugh Syme...but still :scared:

Who am I kidding.....if I had the money, I'd snag one of those "Roadcase" editions in a heartbeat...

I was sitting outside yesterday when the UPS guy walked up. I think I may have appeared overly excited :)

It is a beautiful book.

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr300/Fatorgan/IMG_4186_zps9cqgw6qh.jpg

• Like 1

Just wish they'd have it in the merch booths at the shows....it would be easier to sneak into the house without the Mrs. knowing what I paid for it! :LMAO:

Ship it to your job

Technically.... I work out if my house...

Got a friend? Take a friend

Favorite bit of trivia so far:

(Art Book Spoilers!)

The same guy who was the model for the Starman on the 2112 cover, was also the model for Apollo (business man) on the Hemispheres cover, and is one of the guys carrying pictures on the Moving Pictures cover!

• Like 1

They DID have it at the show last night...$125. didn't have enough cash with me...although it wouldn't have been an easy thing to sneak in since the Mrs. was home when I got back (rode with a friend, so it wasn't like I could leave it in my car! hahaha!)
  • Like 1

I was sitting outside yesterday when the UPS guy walked up. I think I may have appeared overly excited :)

It is a beautiful book.

Mr. Hollywood can you be so kind as to provide scans of the pictures in the book. That would be my deciding factor.

It is a beautiful book.

Mr. Hollywood can you be so kind as to provide scans of the pictures in the book. That would be my deciding factor.

I'm holding out for the guy that posts the tour book scans on his website to get this up!

It's awesome and well worth the $99 bucks. A gorgeous high quality coffee table book that looks great with my Tour Book collection coffee table book.

One thing I'm enjoying is the opportunity to see the artwork of later albums in a larger format than CDs allowed.

Is it worth $99? Can't really answer that for someone else. I think so. The paper is some of the highest quality I've ever seen. Even the dust jacket is incredibly thick. Plus there are translucent overlays and transparencies sprinkled throughout. The pictures are gorgeous, showing everything from mock ups and sketches to finished works, and alternate images. The text is dense, featuring many quotes from the obvious, Geddy, Alex, Neil, and Hugh, plus others like Deborah Samuel. It's got a lengthy section of quotes by fellow musicians, members of the Rush family, and other industry types. I suspect they were sent an e-mail asking what their favorite Rush album cover is, because that's what they mostly seem to be talking about. Amusingly, if that's the case, Gene Simmons may not have read his invite carefully, because his answer is all about the band, not the artwork!

Just ordered mine today!! I just got the standard $99 edition of it, but based on everything I have read and heard about the book, it is well worth the $99 (plus tax) :yes: I should have it within the next week!!
  • Like 2

One thing I'm enjoying is the opportunity to see the artwork of later albums in a larger format than CDs allowed.

That's actually something I hadn't thought of about this! Interesting concept! I'm hoping to get one eventually...

Can someone post a few pictures of the 'INSIDE' of the book.

We have seen the cover.

Thanks

New signed edition alert!!!! For all you spendy types who missed out on the limited editions (these things always seem to show up like thieves in the night and then sell out before most folks realize they were there) I just stumbled on the latest offering from the online store--the Atrist Proof edition of the Art Of Rush is priced in between the slipcase and road case editions and is limited to only 40 copies, the first 10 of which were given to a select crowd of famous folk according to the blurb on the order page. They don't seem to ever promote these on the mailing list until they're sold out, but I happened to be up at 5am and randomly checked the online store. It's way expensive, but the rarest edition I'm aware of so far, and it's less than the road case version. I reluctantly pulled the trigger--My birthday is exactly two weeks from today. No idea when it will actually be available for shipping or if they already have them on hand, ready to go. Anyway, I'm hoping anyone else on TRF who would grab one finds this post before the eBay minions corner the market and charge $1500 for it.

Nice, Robert! I saw that someone not too long ago was willing to pay $350 for essentially the same book and poster with a pair of commemorative drum sticks from the tour. That's basically paying $230 for the poster, since the book and sticks are both still available for regular price. FWIW, the Artist Proof edition isn't sold out yet last I checked. I guess I'm the only one here dumb enough to blow that kind of cash on a rare edition.

Got mine tonight on Ebay for $69.00 Cant wait!! With the poster!!

Nice!

How did you pull that one off?

Guy with excellent feedback listed for $69.00 plus $20.00 FedEx shipping, I pounced!!!!!
  • Like 2

yeah, I would imagine not a lot of used copies are going out, especially in really great condition. I figure anyone who got the regular edition on presale really would be planning to keep it, but obviously one guy fleeced someone and another guy decided he'd rather sell his copy and get part of his money back. eBay never fails to amaze me when it comes to both the rip-offs and bargains you can stumble onto.

Got mine tonight on Ebay for $69.00 Cant wait!! With the poster!!

Nice!

How did you pull that one off?

Guy with excellent feedback listed for $69.00 plus $20.00 FedEx shipping, I pounced!!!!!

That's a great deal! To tell the truth, I think the $99.00 version is well worth the money. I really like mine. In my opinion, It is a lot better value than the MacNaughtan prints have been (and many other items on the RBC site too).

• Like 1