The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

So Mick...

Young Guns, eh?

Haha

i only heard the debut so far. cause my girlfriend came over.

yea every single album you were posting was them so i thought it was a message to me, lol'

They are right up my alley.

will continue.

Mick

So Mick...

Young Guns, eh?

Haha

yea every single album you were posting was them so i thought it was a message to me, lol'

will continue.

Mick

I've been a fan for years but seeing Supersmasher ways posting them I was like...I need to get in this NOW. Great live band too.

Better live in fact

So Mick...

Young Guns, eh?

Haha

will continue.

Mick

I've been a fan for years but seeing Supersmasher ways posting them I was like...I need to get in this NOW. Great live band too.

Better live in fact

i'm playing Bones now. Love the electronic elements they added. you know i'm a sucker for that.

I was picturing a different style.

their first 2 are power pop basically.

wasn't counting on that.

The name screamed metal to me.

Mick

Power of One? :wub:

And an not-so-played Winterheart's Guild song? Could it be Silver Tongue or Ruins of My Life? If its either of those two, I'm ecstatic.

Yeah, color me excited at the news of them resurrecting Power of One. I might be inclined to go see the band again...this time during an era of the band that I actually enjoy musically. :haz:

Something that will definitely make us Unia fans very happy to hear. From the Kakko himself:

Back then (prior to Unia) our band thought we are in some kind of pit and that we needed to do something different. To be honest, in that time it would have been better to do a solo album, but there was no time nor possibility for it. Unia is one of the closest albums to me personally.

I'm not sure why but Sonata Arctica's Silence does very little for me.

Nothing to complain about it at all...but from my first listen I've never felt like anything stands out that hasn't been done better elsewhere in their catalogue

Edited by Segue Myles

My current rankings of Sonata Arctica albums:

1. The Days Of Grays (10/10)

= Reckoning Night (10/10)

= Winterhearts Guild (10/10)

4. Pariahs Child (9/10)

5. Unia (9/10)

6. Ecliptica (9/10)

7. Silence (9/10)

8. Stones Grow Her Name (9/10)

Right now I love this band more than anything else. Top five band for me alongside Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Bruce Springsteen and Within Temptation.

It's alarming how rapidly this band took over my life after years if finding nothing appealing in their sound!

Listening to the Fleetwood Mac Tusk remaster from last year is a revelation. Absolutely didn't expect anything from this...but it is the most beautiful it has ever sounded! I have various editions of this album now, and this is by far the best.

Looking forward to delving into all the additional audio content on the Tusk and Mirage remasters!

In fact for a long time Tusk was my favourite album after Karmacode. It's still mind blowing to me. This has brought back all the joy and power this album used to have for me!

Its like hearing it for the first time!

• Like 1

Listening to the Fleetwood Mac Tusk remaster from last year is a revelation. Absolutely didn't expect anything from this...but it is the most beautiful it has ever sounded! I have various editions of this album now, and this is by far the best.

Looking forward to delving into all the additional audio content on the Tusk and Mirage remasters!

In fact for a long time Tusk was my favourite album after Karmacode. It's still mind blowing to me. This has brought back all the joy and power this album used to have for me!

i like Tusk and the Mac.......but nowhere near enough to byt re-masters.

but tusk is probably my 2nd fav double album.

Mick

Mick

I didn't get those overpriced vinyl box sets with the live discs...

I found the three disc Tusk and two disc Mirage each for a really good price. Both are the editions I prefer.

Really amazed! Especially Mirage. I loved it always...but my goodness the CD was thin sounding.

Also the original vinyl version of I Now I'm Not Wrong is restored to this version! Better than the 2004 reissue. Although I love that version as well

• Like 1

Mick

I found the three disc Tusk and two disc Mirage each for a really good price. Both are the editions I prefer.

Really amazed! Especially Mirage. I loved it always...but my goodness the CD was thin sounding.

Also the original vinyl version of I Now I'm Not Wrong is restored to this version! Better than the 2004 reissue. Although I love that version as well

i want to check out the Mirage one.

It's my least fav Buckingham/Nicks record

i never thought it sounded right either.......maybe it'll help me enjoy it more.

Mick

Mick

i never thought it sounded right either.......maybe it'll help me enjoy it more.

Mick

It's fuller and warmer. Sounds better than my beautiful vinyl!

I'm looking forward to the Tango remaster. The b-sides were strong with that one and I'd love to hear the outtakes...especially for the zanier moments

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I'm looking forward to the Tango remaster. The b-sides were strong with that one and I'd love to hear the outtakes...especially for the zanier moments

I LOVE Tango. Album, B-sides......everything.

adore it so much.

Mick

Mick

Mick

I LOVE Tango. Album, B-sides......everything.

adore it so much.

Mick

It's not something I hold too dear IN COMPARISON to Fleetwood Mac through Mirage, but it's a special pop album that I like more as I get older.

And honestly I really would love to have every single record all the way through Time released with this level of detail. I love them so much and find everything about every album so enthralling!

I definitely am more of a Buckingham Nicks fan than I am Fleetwood Mac as all the records prior to them are just not on the same level. But meh...Fleetwood Mac through Say You Will is more hit than miss and the hits are SEXY!!

• Like 1

Mick, look up Fleetwood Mac- Suma's Walk. An early outtake of Can't Go Back. Sounds really lovely. An instrumental and it's really soothing.

Loving the outtakes and rarities on the Mirage bonus disc...some new colours to be found to the songs.

i'm Listening to the Mirage remaster now.

it sounds full and warm. as opposed to the dull flat sounding CD i have.

the sounds have punch now too.

I like it better.

Mick

Glad! I am now really looking forward to the next remaster!

Tango is hugely popular still I think...so many people love the hits...they would surely pull out all the stops!

I love all three remasters, from Rumours to Mirage. And I love a lot of the bonus material from Rumours and so far everything off Mirage.

Really looking forward to the Tusk bonus stuff! Not everything off the 2004 two disc set made it onto this so that's interesting to me as well! So I won't be parting with my old copy either.

i Love what they did with mirage.'

the problem is the materiel. i like about 6 songs.

Still it's half the Disc, lol

I just it's loaded with filler.

But even their worst to me is still good.

Mick

It has two songs that can irk me in the wrong mood. Rarely do they annoy me but they can: Empire State and Oh Diane. I love both though!

Book Of Love, Gypsy and Wish You Were Here are amazing songs to my ears!

This two disc set really has enhanced my love for this album tenfold!

I don't think I have a favourite FM album but it would be between Tusk and Mirage.

The alternate version of Wish You Were Here is one of the most gorgeous things I have ever heard! Reminds me of vintage Beatles classics!

This is making me wanna get the other 2 sets now.

I can only hope Tango is inn the works.

Mick

The remaster of Tusk is vastly superior to the 2004 one. Again, it restores the vinyl version of I Know I'm Not Right and the rest the songs just sound so much better...Fleetwood Mac and Springsteen have been on fire with there remasters in recent years!

Also just heard Cool Water for the first time ever. Absolutely gorgeous! Reminds me a lot of Brian Wilson but in my opinion more special. Mick Fleetwood and Buckingham both share lead vocals...adore it!

Mirage has just become even more dear to me. It's glorious!

I am going to revisit the Rumours album remaster and bonus material as well as Tusk.

The new remaster is the best way to listen to Tusk outside of the vinyl. Which is honestly one of the most perfectly realised albums in history (every side as like a perfect EP! Honestly, the track order is sublime!). Well...I could maybe agree the remaster is better but I need to listen to both. Also the third disc is an entire alternate version of Tusk. Looking forward to that as well as the second disc of outtakes etc.

Mirage has never sounded better. The remaster easily bests the vinyl.

I'm always happy to revisit Fleetwood Mac. One of the most important bands of my life (even if I do mainly mean just one long era haha).

• Like 1