Gave Presto another chance...

laughedatbytime

and it all came together for me. Beautiful tunes, thumping bass, fabulous lyrics (love the Anagrams in Anagram for Mongo!...and who thinks to write a song about rock paper scissors and make it so profound)...just a masterpiece from the opening strains to the final fade.

And that Superconductor...what a great commentary on the nature of modern fame. Wrapped in a delicious chorus. Now I know what all of the Presto connoisseurs were talking about all these years.

Definitely in my top 5. I reject everything I said about this album before...this is perfection....even Scars pulls you in by the first few seconds.

• Like 2

This post will still be here and valid tomorrow..

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/00/004a044e1927a979dbf090ba65323894381708169d8592afbb7b70100f3e244a.jpg

• Like 4

Exception Scars you pointed out all or at least the majority of the stuff I don't like about the album. As I have stated I like about 6 out of the 11 songs...

Exception Scars you pointed out all or at least the majority of the stuff I don't like about the album. As I have stated I like about 6 out of the 11 songs...

What day is today?

• Like 4

What day is today?

It's a beautiful day to be enjoying one of Rush's masterpiece. In fact, it IS their mid career masterpiece...

• Like 2

What day is today?

It's a beautiful day to be enjoying one of Rush's masterpiece. In fact, it IS their mid career masterpiece...

• Like 1

What day is today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0HqpKZ9-p8

You know, I used to be like you, not taking Presto seriously...until today. Presto is the shit!

What day is today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0HqpKZ9-p8

You know, I used to be like you, not taking Presto seriously...until today. Presto is the shit!

Not liking people trying to pull shit this late in the day.

Believe me, no one was more surprised than me. But I guess...I could learn to resist, everything but Chain Lightning, I am glad to coexist, with the beauty of Scars...

Not liking people trying to pull shit this late in the day.

Believe me, no one was more surprised than me. But I guess...I could learn to resist, everything but Chain Lightning, I am glad to coexist, with the beauty of Scars...

What day is today?

You gotta give me a little more credit than this. No?... :)
  • Like 3

What day is today?

• Like 1

presto's a funny album. they're trying to rock, they're edging their way back into the rock zone but geddy's wearing his floaties and not ready to jump into the deep end yet.
  • Like 4

What day is today?

You gotta give me a little more credit than this. No?... :)

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure if you saw one of the 6,328 posts LABT has made on that. Just so I don't fall behind, I love Counterparts...it's April first still, right?

• Like 3

Presto gets my vote. The roughly '89-'96 period for Geddy's voice is something I dig, probably the biggest draw of the album to me. Show Don't Tell, War Paint, and Presto show up in my playlists, with a couple others less frequently.

Thinking about it, there's more I like about it than RTB.

Pretty much leave out War Paint, Scars and Superconductor and ifs pretty freaking good.

Miles better rhan RtB.

You Bet Your Life is kinda the nail in the coffin for RTB

Pretty much leave out War Paint, Scars and Superconductor and ifs pretty freaking good.

Miles better rhan RtB.

It is absolutely awful. And I would take Superconductor over any one of YBYL, Wheel or Face Up.

Miles better rhan RtB.

It is absolutely awful. And I would take Superconductor over any one of YBYL, Wheel or Face Up.

I really like the verses of Face Up, but I could do without the loud FACE UP chants every line on the chorus.

Presto is definitely somewhat underrated. Easily better than the overrated Clockwork Angels and also every 90s album plus S&A and maybe HYF.

and it all came together for me. Beautiful tunes, thumping bass, fabulous lyrics (love the Anagrams in Anagram for Mongo!...and who thinks to write a song about rock paper scissors and make it so profound)...just a masterpiece from the opening strains to the final fade.

And that Superconductor...what a great commentary on the nature of modern fame. Wrapped in a delicious chorus. Now I know what all of the Presto connoisseurs were talking about all these years.

Definitely in my top 5. I reject everything I said about this album before...this is perfection....even Scars pulls you in by the first few seconds.

I LOVE YOU DUDE!!

• Like 1