My BIGGEST pet peeve when it comes to fans of music.

fraroc

YES! I'm a big mouth on here! We all have opinions. When I stated "IT'S OVER" I guess I meant to say that the band is over to me.

I'm just one human out of billions. My opinion means nothing except to myself.

I will always love Van Halen until the day I die.

Then again I am a hypocrite. I am going to still go to the show.

It could be the last time I ever see them.

The current Van Halen line up is better than no line up at all. I just wish Anthony was back in the band. At least for his vocal imput.

When I saw VH with Cherone and he took a break. Anthony sang all of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor." VH was a three piece and he nailed it.

I WAS FUCKKING FLOORED!!!

It is what it is.

Oh and as far as KISS, I must be a KISS WORSHIPPER!!

I see KISS everytime they come out here and they are FUCKKING AMAZING!

Even DEF LEPPARD was great last year and I thought they were going to be SHITE!

• Like 2

I'm done being nice. If you have a problem with Geddy's voice, then whatever but do me a favor. LEAVE THE GRIPING HOME. Do NOT bring it to the concert this tour. And if Geddy's voice is such a glaring problem for you, which in reality it's not because he can still sing, then just stay home.

Seriously, just don't go to the show if you're gonna be like this.

Edited by fraroc

Kansas Drastic Measures is an excellent AOR album!

Currently like it as much as Monolith, the album I previously thought of as the bands last great album.

YES! I'm a big mouth on here! We all have opinions. When I stated "IT'S OVER" I guess I meant to say that the band is over to me.

I'm just one human out of billions. My opinion means nothing except to myself.

I will always love Van Halen until the day I die.

Then again I am a hypocrite. I am going to still go to the show.

It could be the last time I ever see them.

The current Van Halen line up is better than no line up at all. I just wish Anthony was back in the band. At least for his vocal imput.

When I saw VH with Cherone and he took a break. Anthony sang all of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor." VH was a three piece and he nailed it.

I WAS FUCKKING FLOORED!!!

It is what it is.

Oh and as far as KISS, I must be a KISS WORSHIPPER!!

I see KISS everytime they come out here and they are FUCKKING AMAZING!

Even DEF LEPPARD was great last year and I thought they were going to be SHITE!

Please forgive my attempt to gain clarity here. Are we saying (and others liking it said?) is Rush "over"

The bands listed above...need to tour together, have buy two get one free deals, cut prices to fill up the arenas. Except for VH, that needed to resurrect the singer they hated for 20 years to be relevant on tour. And we are comparing all of these favorably to Rush?? That hits the road on their own. No gimmicks. No lineup change. No long breaks, outside of the tragic events 17 years ago. No touring with Kansas or Toto to drum up sales. They are the most expensive ticket right now cuz they said hey, we possibly might be doing a few less shows when we hit the road next time. They are over and its liked. I must be missing something. It must be about vh? But way above vh was over and immed above they are flooring it. And a couple comments above its intense about LL Cool Geds voice?

thank you!

Edited by Gabrielgil513

I'm done being nice. If you have a problem with Geddy's voice, then whatever but do me a favor. LEAVE THE GRIPING HOME. Do NOT bring it to the concert this tour. And if Geddy's voice is such a glaring problem for you, which in reality it's not because he can still sing, then just stay home.

First of all- I think I missed the part where you were being nice (again, I'm not trying to pick on you, but if you're going to make a statement like "I'm done being nice", then I would expect the tenor of your post to be a little different from the others in this thread. And it isn't).

Secondly- I do agree with you that it would be a drag to see a show with somebody who expects everything to sound the way it did 30-35 years ago, or more.

But again, these are just people's opinions. And if you can't stand to read opinions on the internet without taking them personally- feeling that people are being critical of you- then you may need a bit of a hiatus. I don't like hearing people talk about the extent to which things have declined- I think some of it is accurate, and some of the criticism is too harsh. I may not agree with everything that someone has to say, but I vehemently defend his or her right to say it. And that includes you, too, of course. I just think you're a little too upset about all this (which is another opinion of mine!).

Listen to the music, go to the show (or shows), and enjoy. That's what I'm going to do. :)

Think about how boring the world would be if everybody felt the same way about everything.

We're all entitled to express ourselves. Dig it, baby!

• Like 3

My biggest pet peeve is having posers tell people how to be fans. Grow up, learn to deal with it. Put on your grown up pants and realize you're on an internet forum, where all points of view are shared.
  • Like 5

My biggest peeve in this forum is quickly becoming fraroc.

Not every opinion is positive, but every opinion deserves to be shared.

This is where I stop being nice.

I do not love Hemispheres. But I have played it enough times to be able to have a share in discussing it.

Should I just pretend to love it deeply, or avoid contributing to a well rounded discussion?

Many fans are vocal of their disdain for presto. Do I agree? Nope. I value their viewpoint though.

If a fan loves a band enough to buy an expensive ticket, to then be excited, only to end up not enjoying the concert, should they pretend they enjoyed it, or that it never happened?

Their opinion is valid as well.

For goodness sake...get a grip!

• Like 6

Nobody is truly a Rush fan unless they own every single album on vinyl twice, loves every single album equally (even Test For Echo/Vapor Trails), had met Geddy and Alex 3 times, has 45 Rush t-shirts, and has had a sexual dream involving each member of the band (bonus points if you include John Rutsey). Otherwise, you aren't a true fan and should leave this forum.
  • Like 2

I hate to say this..........no i have no problem saying this based on his track record. but Fraroc is the kinda fan that turn people off of Rush. Rush has a pretty annoying certain section of "Fans."

Mick

• Like 3

My biggest peeve in this forum is quickly becoming fraroc.

Not every opinion is positive, but every opinion deserves to be shared.

This is where I stop being nice.

I do not love Hemispheres. But I have played it enough times to be able to have a share in discussing it.

Should I just pretend to love it deeply, or avoid contributing to a well rounded discussion?

Many fans are vocal of their disdain for presto. Do I agree? Nope. I value their viewpoint though.

If a fan loves a band enough to buy an expensive ticket, to then be excited, only to end up not enjoying the concert, should they pretend they enjoyed it, or that it never happened?

Their opinion is valid as well.

For goodness sake...get a grip!

:cheerleader: Preach on brother... :popcorn:
  • Like 3

I hate to say this..........no i have no problem saying this based on his track record. but Fraroc is the kinda fan that turn people off of Rush. Rush has a pretty annoying certain section of "Fans."

Mick

not just Rush, but TRF too I imagine ;)
  • Like 2

I'm tickled that I got to see Sabbath with Dio, Dio solo, Ozzy solo (with Randy Rhodes!), then Sabbath with Ozzy. I covered all the bases :D

I am envious. What a great run of shows! :)

And Ozzy with Randy Rhodes would be on my list of shows I wish I could travel back in time for. ;)

• Like 2

Mick

not just Rush, but TRF too I imagine ;)

:o

Shocking!!

• Like 1

I was a very serious young man. Probably a bit too much for my own good. I hink the turning point was starting to listen to Zappa. I turned off enough people listening to him everywhere I went that I really started becoming more open to the likes and dislkkes of other people. Thats shy it doesnt bother me so much when people say oh im a fan of this aspect of a band and not another. Or disliking stuff I love altogether. I was driving with a girlfriend at the time and a Steely Dan song came on the radio and shes made me turn it off cuz she hated them. I was crushed!! Haha

Fraroc has the right to his opinion. Let hkm work through it. Doesnt matter if u agree or not but it also doesnt make him right. He has to come to that on his own time.

• Like 2

With Van Halen... I'm a huge fan.

Van Halen

Van Hagar

Van Halen III

Van Hager v2

Van Halen DLR v2

To me, nothing tops Van Halen but I've followed them through the years, went to their shows and bought their music.

If Eddie was not part of any of these versions, I'd be out.

Yeah,

The singer is one thing. But with out Eddie there is no way in hell!!

Fair-weather fans.

I still bought every Van Halen record ever made but listening to the Van Hagar stuff in 2015 is just gut wrenching. Can't do it although I do love Eddie's guitar of course.

I saw the 5150 Tour and that was it for me. The next time I saw Van Halen was with Gary Cherone. That show was great when Gary was off the stage! LOL!

Then of course I saw Van Halen again with David twice. I loved it although it sucked without Anthony.

So I've seen every MK version of VH yet at the end of the day Van Halen is shit without Diamond Dave.

Yet then again I listened to some of those live songs in Japan.

Dave sounds like SHIT!

IT'S FUKKING OVER!

"So Sad About Us."

Signed,

Pete Townshend

Okay, lets back this shit up. Another pet peeve of mine is when fans tell bands "It's over". Because news flash, it's not your decision to make. It's over when the band says it's over.

Fans can state their opinions, though. You do it, we do it...

One fan states his opinion- we'll all state our opinions- it'll be anarchy!!

(You may be too young for that reference).

Ironically, that's one of my favorite movies of all time.

Shut up you tart.

• Like 2