The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Segue Myles

1 minute ago, Wandering Hermit said:

Watched the YT video of the first ever live performance of ATG. That was cool. And it was shot so that I didn't have to see Gers hamming it up. Even better.

Gers is Dangerous. i saw i video of him swinging his guitar.....like a moron.  it popped off went flying and hit a security guard in the head.  luckily the guy seemed OK but Can we get rid of Gers?

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Gers is Dangerous. i saw i video of him swinging his guitar.....like a moron.  it popped off went flying and hit a security guard in the head.  luckily the guy seemed OK but Can we get rid of Gers?

Mick

He's been with them for 33 years now. I figured everyone had moved past the whole get rid of Gers thing at this point. His total time with the band is almost the same as Adrian's.

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

He's been with them for 33 years now. I figured everyone had moved past the whole get rid of Gers thing at this point. His total time with the band is almost the same as Adrian's.

just when i saw that gaurd get hit in the head it was just wreckless.  nobody would blink an eye if he wasn't there even 33 years on.

Mick

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Analog Cub said:

Nicko sounds absolutely fried. I think he's running out of gas.

Bruce on the other hand sounds better than he did on the last tour.

Or it's the start of the tour and he hasn't gotten into full tour mode yet. He is 71 so he might need a little more time to hit his groove on the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Or it's the start of the tour and he hasn't gotten into full tour mode yet. He is 71 so he might need a little more time to hit his groove on the road.

Yep that's also fair.

I'm absolutely floored by the setlist. Bruce looks like he's having a ton of fun, too.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:08 PM, J2112YYZ said:

For so many years they said they never played it because Adrian couldn't remember something he did in the solo. I guess he finally remembered or they figured out a way around it.

It's the galloping bit before Adrian's solo. He switched it around a bit, and I think he's playing that part one octave higher. Also...I did see the footage of them playing that song with Gers not appearing in it. Whenever he plays a solo from the classic period he messes it up - most notably Moonchild and Revelations. I'm really glad he kept his hands off the Somewhere in Time material, except for Heaven Can Wait.