Rush on the Radio

tx_rush

Was driving yesterday, in my wifes car, my oldest son was with me. Didnt have any CDs in the car or anything, so listening to classic rock radio. Right before the commercial break they mention what bands would be coming up after the break, and they mentioned "Rush"

We both got excited, after the commercial, Limelight came on, and we jammed out hard in the car.

Its funny, in my car, at any point in time, I could pop in Moving Pictures, or hook my phone up to the Aux port and hear any song I want. Same at work, I have the whole catalog on my computer, and listen to music all day. 90% of the time, at any point I could put whatever rush song I want on in seconds.

For some reason, hearing a Rush song on the radio just seems 10 times better for some reason, anyone else have similar experiences?

• Like 6

Um Ya lol (just posted a thread)

You know what it is I think.. Recognition for our band to the public! Rush was always out in left field of the main stream. You'd (rarely)see a guy in a Rush shirt and "WOW, he's one of us!" Lol

I don't think it happens as much with new fans but you'll prove me right if you were listening to Rush in the 80's ;)

• Like 1

Back in the day it used to be a shock when I heard them. I am mostly talking post Moving Pictures of course. Now it really doesn't surprise me at all. On the very rarest of occasions the song they play surprises me. I rarely even listen to what would be considered classic rock anymore anyway. What I listen to would be considered old popular music from way back (whatever thats called) :codger: . I was shocked to hear Rush on there once though. Couldn't believe my ears. And yes for you smart@sses out there I am an old fogie at this point... :LOL:
  • Like 1

You know what it is I think.. Recognition for our band to the public! Rush was always out in left field of the main stream. You'd (rarely)see a guy in a Rush shirt and "WOW, he's one of us!" Lol

I don't think it happens as much with new fans but you'll prove me right if you were listening to Rush in the 80's ;)

My bad, didnt know someone had started a similar thread!

I don't think I ever heard Rush on the radio in the 80s. But yeah, it is different when you hear it played compared to you throwing it on.

I never heard Rush on the radio at all during the 80s, let alone the 90s. Or well after that. (Radio 1 or 2 was all I had to listen to). It's only after I started listening to Planet Rock (around 3 or 4 years ago) that some songs began appearing.

For some reason, hearing a Rush song on the radio just seems 10 times better for some reason, anyone else have similar experiences?

Kind of hard to explain it but I get jacked when I hear Rush on the radio. When the DJ announces "Rush is coming up after the break" first you wonder what song will be played. You think of the same four songs. Then when the songs plays I think one is excited because at that moment others are just as jacked as you are.

• Like 1

Everytime my active rock radio station plays Headlong Flight I still go apeshit.

I haven't listened to them in a few months on account of being abroad, but last winter they still had it in rotation. 2 and a half years after the album was released.

I still get pumped whenever Rush comes on the radio as well. In fact, just last week while I was transporting a client, Freewill came on as we were pulling into the driveway. After the client got out, I cranked the volume and rocked out hard for a few minutes, lol. I'm developing a reputation at work and school of being that crazy chick always wearing a Rush tee :).
  • Like 1

I've pretty much given up on regular radio ever since we got XM...the classic vinyl channel plays a decent amount ever since they got inducted into the R&R HOF...and I've heard Hemispheres on Deep Tracks once! I wasn't sure if they played Cygnus X-1 on it first, but I was totally BLOWN away that they played what they did...I got to hear about 90% of it, too!

Just the other night, as I was flipping through FM stations, Analog Kid was playing. That was followed by Subdivisions.

Were you pissed that it was out of order? :rage:

Just bought a (gently used) new grown up car this summer after getting rid of our 20 year old minivan with 268,000 miles on it. So exciting! Turned on the radio and the song that was on was Red Barchetta! It was a beautiful day and so much fun to hear that playing. My husband was dying laughing at the way I manage to insert or find Rush in so many situations. .
  • Like 1

I never hear Rush out here on the radio. Or in the stores. Ever. I can't wait to see, when the weather gets warm, if I get any reactions to my Rush t-shirts. Reactions other than: Geez, who'd thought that old woman was a Rush fan? :LOL:

I've pretty much given up on regular radio ever since we got XM...the classic vinyl channel plays a decent amount ever since they got inducted into the R&R HOF...and I've heard Hemispheres on Deep Tracks once! I wasn't sure if they played Cygnus X-1 on it first, but I was totally BLOWN away that they played what they did...I got to hear about 90% of it, too!

Speaking of SiriusXM- why don't they have a 24/7 Rush channel?? They have 24/7 Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, Grateful Dead and that Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville channel- I don't mind hearing a song or two from JB in the summer, but all his songs sound the same to me. . . . I know there is internet Rush radio but seriously, you would think it would be a big selling point for Sirius!

Rush anywhere, Radio, TV, any media always gives me a jolt. Once heard album side 2 of A Farewell to Kings (10 years ago or so).

Cygnus X-1 on the radio was surreal.

• Like 1