Different Stages 2

YYZumbi

Moving Pictures tour with the FULL setlist, and not with shitty overproduction like on ESL. Mix in some stuff from the Signals tour, Subdivisions, Countdown, etc.

Disc 3 Hemispheres tour with full setlist.

• Like 7

Moving Pictures tour with the FULL setlist, and not with shitty overproduction like on ESL. Mix in some stuff from the Signals tour, Subdivisions, Countdown, etc.

I would love that!

• Like 1

That would be great! But I don't think the full setlist of the Hemispheres show would fit on a single disc. Make it a 4 Disc Box!

I agree with BC. it's a shame we never got a full MP tour. Brilliant tour. Mix in random signals and Hemispheres. I'd love an official release of the Whole of the Hemispheres epic live.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

That would be great! But I don't think the full setlist of the Hemispheres show would fit on a single disc. Make it a 4 Disc Box!

If need be, cut out stuff like In The Mood and Working Man and Closer To The Heart. That'll shave off a good 15 minutes.

• Like 1

I concur with the Hemispheres tour, or, early in the Permanent Waves tour - May 9th 1980 was my first show -

Bonus disc - Something really old, with unreleased stuff like Garden Road

Edited by Lucas

FBN (a few months after Neil first joined) - get to hear some of the bluesy rock from Rush the album that was soon gone forever and hear a rookie NEP join The Show.

Hemispheres - because it's Hemispheres...and hasn't been played in full in decades. And there is only one La Villa.

MP - out of respect for their most popular album and Red Barchetta, Camera Eye and Witch Hunt are great live!

• Like 2

Hemispheres, Moving Pictures and Signals.

All full shows and as a bonus disc some songs from the Kings/Permanent Waves tours. :cool:

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 2

By-Tor, Xanadu, Cygnus and Hemispheres from the Hemispheres tour on one disc. Give 2112 a well-deserved rest, except for Grand Finale.

There's a bootleg called Universe Divided on which Lee's performance cannot be described - I don't think I've ever heard him play with such insanely fast, manic, triplet-infused, all over the neck, dexterous ferocity. The pre-solo and solo sections of By-Tor are completely off the charts. Lee plays a crazy crazy crazy bass lick near the start of - and throughout - the Grand Finale, too. Makes you say impolite words not because of pain or anger, but simply because it seems no other words will do.