• Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

So you vote for poor Roll The Bones instead??

There are worse albums, don't you think?

Oh, and by the way, I am on a diet, so I think I will pass on the cupcakes. Invite Andrew over for tea and give them to him. :)

Poopies, I've had enough tea over the last month...

I hate tea. Just strong black coffee for me.

Black coffee is best coffee.

Americans have terrible chocolate. Sorry. You do. But your coffee is to die for!

Yes, Cadbury > Hershey's for sure.

Cadbury's isn't the same here as it is in Europe. The American version sucks.

Oh, and by the way, I am on a diet, so I think I will pass on the cupcakes. Invite Andrew over for tea and give them to him. :)

Americans have terrible chocolate. Sorry. You do. But your coffee is to die for!

At least tea is treated as a novelty over the watery oceany thing

You mean in the US?

You mean in the US?

Thats the mappy location place

You mean in the US?

I don't think tea is considered a novelty here at all. People drink it all the time. Even Starbucks sells tea.

With my vote - I set RTB and VT in a 2 way tie at 6 votes a piece

As the RTB ambassador, I condemn you to live in Texas.

Where do you live, new jersey? New york? Theres a lot of people from those parts down here, couldnt get here fast enough.

I would vote snakes and arrows over RTB but it seems to be a 2 horse race. We should have run offs IMO

No, I am not from either New Jersey or New York. But I do understand that those that can't be successful in New York, or even the armpit known as New Jersey, often find solace in living as kings among lesser men.

Well unless something changes overnight it's looking like RTB is gonna get the boot. Makes it easier for me, that was coming up after Presto.

STOP RUNNING FROM YOUR FATE PRESTO

Stop pretending you have good taste.

You prefer Counterparts to good Rush albums.

And I laughed at this 'cause it's true~~~~~ :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Yes, it is! I prefer Counterparts to good Rush albums. Because Counterparts is a great album, and great > good ;)

Love your posts, but you have a Cutler sized blind spot when it comes to CP...

So do you with Fountain of Lamneth! :LOL:

I will say this: Everyday Glory and Cold Fire are better...

You are a funny guy!

It is absolutely absurd that the only album since Moving Pictures to increase the number of Rush listeners is about to be voted as the third worst the band ever made. Dreamline alone is worth the price of admission. Ghost of a Chance is a very interesting, lyrically beautiful song that rocks in the verse and bridge, but chills in the chorus...it is fairly unique in that way, and the effect is very powerful. Bravado has great lyrics, tone and emotion, as does Heresy (though slightly less in all departments). Roll the Bones is a great song with an unfortunate rap in it. But even that isn't nearly as bad as the people who take Rush way too seriously make it out to be. Where's My Thing was a great return to instrumentals. The Big Wheel is quite good, if not great, and even Neurotica has better riffs (and a great solo) than most songs since MP (again, if not for -otica, this would not be a hated song). The album is full of melodies not frequently seen since, ushers in the return of riffs, and remains both subtle and accessible.

Listen, I'm not going to say Roll The Bones is one of Rush's best albums, but it is so clearly not the third worst.

• Like 3

With my vote - I set RTB and VT in a 2 way tie at 6 votes a piece

As the RTB ambassador, I condemn you to live in Texas.

Where do you live, new jersey? New york? Theres a lot of people from those parts down here, couldnt get here fast enough.

I would vote snakes and arrows over RTB but it seems to be a 2 horse race. We should have run offs IMO

No, I am not from either New Jersey or New York. But I do understand that those that can't be successful in New York, or even the armpit known as New Jersey, often find solace in living as kings among lesser men.

Ouch! ;)

You mean in the US?

I don't think tea is considered a novelty here at all. People drink it all the time. Even Starbucks sells tea.

True, but I think I understand the point that Sir Segue is making- few people in the U.S. treat it as the ritual that the English do. It's only treated that way, culturally speaking, by a very small portion of the population in the U.S.

Still not voting in this poll- or any more like them. Rush music must be preserved! Even on the albums that aren't as good as others.

Well unless something changes overnight it's looking like RTB is gonna get the boot. Makes it easier for me, that was coming up after Presto.

STOP RUNNING FROM YOUR FATE PRESTO

Stop pretending you have good taste.

You prefer Counterparts to good Rush albums.

And I laughed at this 'cause it's true~~~~~ :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Yes, it is! I prefer Counterparts to good Rush albums. Because Counterparts is a great album, and great > good ;)

Love your posts, but you have a Cutler sized blind spot when it comes to CP...

So do you with Fountain of Lamneth! :LOL:

I will say this: Everyday Glory and Cold Fire are better...

You are a funny guy!

I am? Whoah! Stop...I need to digest this fact...

It is absolutely absurd that the only album since Moving Pictures to increase the number of Rush listeners is about to be voted as the third worst the band ever made. Dreamline alone is worth the price of admission. Ghost of a Chance is a very interesting, lyrically beautiful song that rocks in the verse and bridge, but chills in the chorus...it is fairly unique in that way, and the effect is very powerful. Bravado has great lyrics, tone and emotion, as does Heresy (though slightly less in all departments). Roll the Bones is a great song with an unfortunate rap in it. But even that isn't nearly as bad as the people who take Rush way too seriously make it out to be. Where's My Thing was a great return to instrumentals. The Big Wheel is quite good, if not great, and even Neurotica has better riffs (and a great solo) than most songs since MP (again, if not for -otica, this would not be a hated song). The album is full of melodies not frequently seen since, ushers in the return of riffs, and remains both subtle and accessible.

Listen, I'm not going to say Roll The Bones is one of Rush's best albums, but it is so clearly not the third worst.

Very well said. Frankly, I find it more enjoyable than any album they released afterward, save Counterparts. Its not a top album by any means, but its not the worst either.

Edited by greg2112

I think tea tastes like boiled dry grass.

Icky hack hack HURL

Hairball?

Yup!

Edited by Segue Myles

Very well said. Frankly, I find it more enjoyable than any album they released afterward, save Counterparts. Its not a top album by any means, but its not the worst either.

LedRush won't let that go unchallenged ;)
  • Like 1

DEFEND COUNTERPARTS! :madra:

It has two of my favourite Rush songs. Sure dude!

"Stop" and "Fast Forward/Skip Song" are buttons or commands, not songs. Just sayin'.

"Stop" and "Fast Forward/Skip Song" are buttons or commands, not songs. Just sayin'.

Songs as good as Cold Fire and Everyday Glory are not for mocking. They are for lurvin', tenderly and affectionately.

Edited by Segue Myles

Hold your Fire

:o

Bite your tongue!

As co-ambassador for the wonderful Hold Your Fire, I am here to do some co-ambassadorizing...I won't let your foul dismissal stand!

Once RTB bites the dust, I hope youll join Narp and I in taking down Snakes and Arrows. Once that happens, Ill support your anti Counterparts campaign.

Edited by tx_rush
  • Like 1

Hold your Fire

:o

Bite your tongue!

As co-ambassador for the wonderful Hold Your Fire, I am here to do some co-ambassadorizing...I won't let your foul dismissal stand!

don't feel bad, I think HYF will at least beat presto and VT, probably S&A too. it won't beat hemispheres or anything, but hey, it shouldn't. :)