The Cars

Bigbobby10

And Ric Ocasek must be a good guy. Isn't he still married to that beautiful model Paulina? Must be almost thirty years by now.

I had a real crush on Paulina in college when she was the hot model; the only model that's ever had that effect on me; maybe because though lithe she never looked like an anorexic heroin addict but always healthy, happy and well adjusted. Used to really envy Rick. I think you're right about him being a good guy; seems that way from everything I've seen/read. Nice couple, she still looks great.

• Like 2

And Ric Ocasek must be a good guy. Isn't he still married to that beautiful model Paulina? Must be almost thirty years by now.

I had a real crush on Paulina in college when she was the hot model; the only model that's ever had that effect on me; maybe because though lithe she never looked like an anorexic heroin addict but always healthy, happy and well adjusted. Used to really envy Rick. I think you're right about him being a good guy; seems that way from everything I've seen/read. Nice couple, she still looks great.

I had a Heather Thomas poster, a Kathy Ireland poster and a Paulina poster in my room when I was a teenager! HOT HOT HOT!

Christy Brinkley looks AMAZING too!

zOh Kathy, definitely. Had a bunch of em.

I recall something a while ago concerning this New Cars thing they did with Rundgren. Basically Ocasec said he wasn't going to pursue any legal action because he wanted Greg and Elliot to be happy. He could have totally not. Yeah. Probably a stand up guy.

• Like 1

Love the Cars. They aren't talked about enough. And Elliot Easton is criminally underrated.

I think what hurt them was their lack of a good live show. Unlike a lot of the late 70s new wave inspired bands, the Cars really didn't have the mtv image. They were boring on stage , and didn't look like Duran Duran. So they were sort of lost in the shuffle. But their songs were great, and that's all that matters to me.

• Like 1

Started a marathon of The Cars today.

What great albums they made together.

I'm dedicating it to my prom date, the lovely Librarian.

From "The Cars" to "Move Like This" this band was just incapable of making a bad song.

Hop in, fasten your seatbelt and pop in that 8 track, because away we go!

• Like 1

Love the Cars. They aren't talked about enough. And Elliot Easton is criminally underrated.

I think what hurt them was their lack of a good live show. Unlike a lot of the late 70s new wave inspired bands, the Cars really didn't have the mtv image. They were boring on stage , and didn't look like Duran Duran. So they were sort of lost in the shuffle. But their songs were great, and that's all that matters to me.

Their debut album is in the coversation for best debut album ever.

I never saw them, but I have to say that I remember hearing from a lot of people back in the day that they were not good live. Not just with respect to the energy of the performance, but their sound.

• Like 3

Their debut album is in the coversation for best debut album ever.

I never saw them, but I have to say that I remember hearing from a lot of people back in the day that they were not good live. Not just with respect to the energy of the performance, but their sound.

I saw them open for Ted Nugent in 1978 and they came out, played songs from the debut album without much banter, etc.

Granted, it was a bad pairing, especially the fact that it was at the Pontiac Silverdome at the height of Ted's popularity.

I saw them again in the mid 80s and they were very good.

I saw them last in support of "Move Like This" in 2011 and they were just amazing.

• Like 2

I had a Heather Thomas poster, a Kathy Ireland poster and a Paulina poster in my room when I was a teenager! HOT HOT HOT!

Christy Brinkley looks AMAZING too!

zOh Kathy, definitely. Had a bunch of em.

I recall something a while ago concerning this New Cars thing they did with Rundgren. Basically Ocasec said he wasn't going to pursue any legal action because he wanted Greg and Elliot to be happy. He could have totally not. Yeah. Probably a stand up guy.

She's a frozen fire, she's my one desire.

LOVE THEM!

All of your posts make me think of the Def Leppard song Photograph.

• Like 1

Started a marathon of The Cars today.

What great albums they made together.

I'm dedicating it to my prom date, the lovely Librarian.

From "The Cars" to "Move Like This" this band was just incapable of making a bad song.

Hop in, fasten your seatbelt and pop in that 8 track, because away we go!

Cool!!! Thank you so much - big smile on my face I have been listening to them since their beginning because my best friends parents at the time were Cars fans. They are one of my go to bands if I need a pick me up. It is a damned shame they broke up. I don't know what happened between Ric and Ben, but I always thought they would have ultimately put their differences aside because they were friends for so long. I don't think I would see TNS without Ben, it would be the same as seeing RUSH without A,G or N - I can't do it. (unless I learned bass and filled in for Ben myself ; ) , but unfortunately I cannot sing) I posted Ben's picture on my signature the other day because it would have been his birthday. I think I'll keep it : )
  • Like 4