2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

I'm bittersweet about the upcoming Hamilton suspension. Yes, he does need help and sooner the better. It isn't easy to just quit. I know this by reading Anthony Kiedis' Scar Tissue book and reading stories of others like PS Hoffman. On the bright side, he has been a disappointment which will give Cron and Calhoun more playing time because they have some power in their bat and have impressed in their rookie seasons so far. They should be 20+ home run guys in a year or two especially with Baylor as their hitting coach.

That will make an interesting plotline for Housewives of OC since Hammy's wife is on the upcoming season. Not that I care, anyways, since reality TV can, in the words of Bender, bite my shiny metal ass.

SCREW THE ANGELS!

Oh well, that was the old me. Now that the A's have traded everyone away I really don't give a shit about baseball.

I'm mean I'm obsessed over the game and I love playing Fantasy Baseball but my heart is crushed.

I'm sure the Angels will be just fine without that drug addict bible thumper. Such a hypocrite. I wish him no harm but please just retire! TAKE A HIKE!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/552/918/hi-res-150885706_display_image.jpg?1346341459

http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2014/01/Pedro_Alvarez.jpg

http://www.pghcitypaper.com/binary/31d5/1347039787-zoltan2.jpg

Even nuns love the pirates! God is on our side

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/nuns-doing-pirates-zoltan-z.jpg

http://www.trunews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/pnc_park_view.jpg

#betterthanwrigley

Very cool park, love the skyline view as well.

f**k no it ain't better than Wrigley. :bitchslap:

Edited by BowlCity

#betterthanwrigley

Been to Wrigley a few times, it was okay, but overall underwhelming......just like the cubs performance

#betterthanwrigley

Been to Wrigley a few times, it was okay, but overall underwhelming......just like the cubs performance

Agree about the Cubs performance...the one Cubs game I've been to was actually Shitsburgh at Wrigley...nothing happened until the 8th inning and the Pirates scored two runs. Nothing else happened the rest of the game and we lost 2-0. Boring game...

Now that the A's have traded everyone away I really don't give a shit about baseball.

I'm mean I'm obsessed over the game and I love playing Fantasy Baseball but my heart is crushed.

That's how I felt with the great trading purge of three years ago, but I ended up loving the team that replaced the departing players, so I'm going to let this team gel a little and see if I can love them too.

Having Butler come over from the Royals is a bonus for me. He's taken a lot of heat from the A's fans and having that stupid 'Country Breakfast' nickname attached to him makes him sound like some kind of stupid hick. But Oakland is about to see what a classy, intelligent veteran they've picked up and that'll all change.

Zobrist and Lawrie are quality players, and if Semien can hit .270 and hit 12 to 15 homers, the infield will be much improved. My only question mark is Ike Davis. Maybe the change of scenery will help him, but he hasn't had a good year since 2012 and I don't see how moving to the O is going to help him much.

I'm very confident about the pitching staff. Doolittle's nagging injuries are a concern, but that's why I'm glad they went out and got Clippard, who has the guts and attitude of a closer. He shouldn't have a problem shutting down games, and he's kind of character that should fit in well with the quirky Oakland squad.

The A's always seem to cobble together a superior rotation and with the talent they've acquired, I see no reason why that trend shouldn't continue.

I'll hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. ;)

• Like 1

Rick Porcello, Clay Buchholz, Joe Kelly, Wade Miley and Justin Masterson.

I have a really bad feeling about this.

Ah, it's only the AL East. The schedule should be worth 5 games all by itself.

Can't wait till the Giants invade Wrigley and I can hold up a sign that says "Hunter Pence plays 'Hand Over Fist' for his walkup music"
  • Like 1

Going to buy MLB Extra Innings this year because WGN America will no longer be showing the games.

Geddy thinks it's going to be a good year for the Pads and White Sox of all teams.

I hope Geddy is right...White Sox, hell yeah!!

Uh oh...Yu left the game after one inning with tightness in his right triceps...

Can't wait till the Giants invade Wrigley and I can hold up a sign that says "Hunter Pence plays 'Hand Over Fist' for his walkup music"

Even more appropriate now.

Pence was hit by a pitch and has a broken forearm. Out 6-8, minimum.

I never wish injury on any player but Pence is dense. BYE!

Don't worry. The Giants will win the World Series in 2016.

Barry Zito pitched today and gave up a bomb.

Typical.

2-2 tie.

I remember going to a playoff game in Oakland. A's V Yankees. Zito pitching. He gave up a home run to Posada. BOOM! GAME OVER 1-0.

I wanted to die.

CURSE!!!!

A's will never win a World Series again. Neither will the "Tankees!" HAHAHAHAHA!

Pumped that I'm going to see the Sox on Monday Spring Training game for my birthday.

Ok guys I have a story for all of you Red Sux fans! Sorry, as you know I'm a bitter A's fan.

So I went up to South Shore Lake Tahoe to see Pat Travers. Great show.

Well today hung over and only one 3 hours of sleep I went hiking about Emerald Bay.

Found a frozen lake about two miles in. Very cool. Pun intended.

Anyway I met these three hikers. One was from Boston and the other two were from New York.

Well they had a beautiful husky with them.

His name?

FENWAY

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Sounds like Yu Darvish will end up getting Tommy John surgery. Damn!!!!!

Yep... possibly out until the middle of next season. Things aren't looking good for us pitching-wise. Even with Holland back this season, we don't have the depth we need to compensate for Yu's absence. But.... NOTHING can compare to the excruciating pain that was last season. I just wish we hadn't wasted the time and money in bringing Fielder on. I don't see that turning out well.