2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Can't wait till the Giants invade Wrigley and I can hold up a sign that says "Hunter Pence plays 'Hand Over Fist' for his walkup music"

Even more appropriate now.

Pence was hit by a pitch and has a broken forearm. Out 6-8, minimum.

I hate to see that, as much as I hate the giants, I really love Pence. Hes just a goofy dude that hustles, plays the game right, and hes a heck of a hitter

Sounds like Yu Darvish will end up getting Tommy John surgery. Damn!!!!!

Yep... possibly out until the middle of next season. Things aren't looking good for us pitching-wise. Even with Holland back this season, we don't have the depth we need to compensate for Yu's absence. But.... NOTHING can compare to the excruciating pain that was last season. I just wish we hadn't wasted the time and money in bringing Fielder on. I don't see that turning out well.

At the time, the Fielder trade looked great until he came up with herniated disks in his neck. I'm not sure how the surgery will affect him. If he loses his bat speed, then the Fielder trade will be chalked up as a bust. If he comes back to his former self, then we have a player tailor fit for our ball park. Only time will tell on that one. John Daniels may have some explaining to do if things don't work out.

Darvish was a legitimate ace. The only one we have. He's the best player on our team. This just plain sucks.

Are you starting to get the feeling that we have a Nolan Ryan curse taking form? I do.

Yep... possibly out until the middle of next season. Things aren't looking good for us pitching-wise. Even with Holland back this season, we don't have the depth we need to compensate for Yu's absence. But.... NOTHING can compare to the excruciating pain that was last season. I just wish we hadn't wasted the time and money in bringing Fielder on. I don't see that turning out well.

At the time, the Fielder trade looked great until he came up with herniated disks in his neck. I'm not sure how the surgery will affect him. If he loses his bat speed, then the Fielder trade will be chalked up as a bust. If he comes back to his former self, then we have a player tailor fit for our ball park. Only time will tell on that one. John Daniels may have some explaining to do if things don't work out.

Darvish was a legitimate ace. The only one we have. He's the best player on our team. This just plain sucks.

Are you starting to get the feeling that we have a Nolan Ryan curse taking form? I do.

I think our curse is John Daniels.

Mark my words: Fielder was a bust coming in and will continue to be a bust. He might do ok for the beginning of the season, I'd say maybe as much as a third of it. But, I foresee him having another injury fairly early on. I was SO PISSED when we traded him for Kinsler, and I said back then that Fielder was not a healthy player. I know I'm being cocky here, but I swear, I knew he'd be out with an injury not far into the season last year. I'm not a big fan of his being a Ranger.

Mark my words: Fielder was a bust coming in and will continue to be a bust. He might do ok for the beginning of the season, I'd say maybe as much as a third of it. But, I foresee him having another injury fairly early on. I was SO PISSED when we traded him for Kinsler, and I said back then that Fielder was not a healthy player. I know I'm being cocky here, but I swear, I knew he'd be out with an injury not far into the season last year. I'm not a big fan of his being a Ranger.

He was one of the most durable players in all of baseball until the injury. He's never been injury prone until last year. Anyway, my point about the curse of Nolan Ryan is that all of this bad shit started happening right after he was asked to leave. The way he was let go never sat right with me.

He was one of the most durable players in all of baseball until the injury. He's never been injury prone until last year. Anyway, my point about the curse of Nolan Ryan is that all of this bad shit started happening right after he was asked to leave. The way he was let go never sat right with me.

When I say not healthy, I don't mean injury prone. I'm no doctor, but his size has to make him more at risk for injury, especially playing 1st base. I haven't seen him in any coverage of this season's training, so maybe he's lost some weight. But, last season, he didn't look very healthy. That's just my opinion. All I know is that I had a bad feeling about the trade when it happened, and I don't see it panning out for us. I hope like hell I'm wrong. I hate to see this team blow massive amounts of money on marquee players only to have them fizzle.

I totally agree with you about the Ryan departure. The whole situation was a mess. But, our biggest problem, again in my opinion, is Daniels. He has a giant ego that drives a lot of his decisions which reminds me of Jerry Jones. And, you know how much I LOOOOVVVEEE Jerry Jones. :sarcastic:

When I say not healthy, I don't mean injury prone. I'm no doctor, but his size has to make him more at risk for injury, especially playing 1st base. I haven't seen him in any coverage of this season's training, so maybe he's lost some weight. But, last season, he didn't look very healthy. That's just my opinion. All I know is that I had a bad feeling about the trade when it happened, and I don't see it panning out for us. I hope like hell I'm wrong. I hate to see this team blow massive amounts of money on marquee players only to have them fizzle.

I totally agree with you about the Ryan departure. The whole situation was a mess. But, our biggest problem, again in my opinion, is Daniels. He has a giant ego that drives a lot of his decisions which reminds me of Jerry Jones. And, you know how much I LOOOOVVVEEE Jerry Jones. :sarcastic:

Jerruh needs to start doing more Jerruh like things, like drafting Manziel instead of an OL that will be all pro for the next ten years. I'm starting to hate the guy again.

Jerruh needs to start doing more Jerruh like things, like drafting Manziel instead of an OL that will be all pro for the next ten years. I'm starting to hate the guy again.

It fascinates me how he can walk around this town and not have things thrown at him.

So... Prince Fielder looks like he's in not to bad of shape. I happily eat my words.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/Sullysue67/fielder_zpszoi5hd5e.jpg

http://detroit.cbslo...d-with-rangers/

Maybe, but he looks like he just threw up all over his coat...or did his wife just have a baby and he was on diaper duty?

So... Prince Fielder looks like he's in not to bad of shape. I happily eat my words.

Maybe, but he looks like he just threw up all over his coat...or did his wife just have a baby and he was on diaper duty?

Yeah, not a great color. Pea Soup does not translate well in leather.

• Like 4

Yeah, not a great color. Pea Soup does not translate well in leather.

This is one of the times I'm glad that I'm color blind.

Cubs schedule starting off right with 3 games against St. Louis at Wrigley :madra:

Let's hope it ENDS right with a Cubs series win...

Can't support this.... ;)

:moon: GO CUBS

From the emoticon? Where are they going? To the toilet? Um, they have already been there for a while! :syrinx:

BC, did you see Soler, Baez, and Bryant go back to back to back against the Indians yesterday?

BC, did you see Soler, Baez, and Bryant go back to back to back against the Indians yesterday?

Nah, I didn't. This month's been getting really busy for me with the end of term coming up so I haven't been paying much attention to baseball. Probably going to not be paying much attention until May when I have a breather.

I love Soler. I picked him up when he was called up last year. He needs to play everyday!!

I agree. He's good for 25 HRs easily if healthy and unlike Baez, he's got decent plate discipline. The only question is health, he had some issues last year where he couldn't play more than 3 games at a time.

Nah, I didn't. This month's been getting really busy for me with the end of term coming up so I haven't been paying much attention to baseball. Probably going to not be paying much attention until May when I have a breather.

And when Kris Bryant gets called up so he's under team control till 2021.

I went to an Iowa Cubs game a couple years back, it was a ton of fun.

I went to an Iowa Cubs game a couple years back, it was a ton of fun.

Two years ago they might have been better than the major league club. :)

• Like 1