Autographs?

GotPeart

Thanks girls :hug2: I won't give up :)

You are in the Netherlands? Goodness, girl, it's going to take a little time. :)

Yes I am, but my friend from TX has sent my R40 tourbook that I got from one of my four shows in May/June to Seattle. I didn't want to risk my package getting lost over on its way to Europe. But what I was afraid of that could happen has happened. It's gotten lost. Kinda funny in some way if it wasn't so sad ;)

Mine is still out there somewhere... snifs... :(

If I had high speed, I'd google the old Moodies song I Know You're Out There Somewhere and post it here! :laughing guy:

Give it another week. Sometimes things just sit in one postal distribution center longer than they should.

I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

Hoping it will come for you! My nephew lives close to Seattle and didn't get his thing until last night so go figure!!?? Hopefully it just needs a little more time like Lorraine said. And I ordered a poster for my niece so she would get something too and it has been FOURTEEN days and still not delivered! and this from Amazon! :o

That doesn't make sense why he only got his back yesterday, especially if he lives closer to Seattle than I do!!

The only thing I can think of to explain it, aside from the fact that I know sometimes an item just sits for days at a location somewhere between the sender and the recipient, is that Key Arena doesn't send everything back at the same time. Maybe they just send a few every day.

Does anyone here have any idea how many items are received at any given concert venue for Rush to sign? Twenty? One Hundred??

Every day I am more and more thankful that I got mine back signed. Sounds to me almost like this is a hit and miss type of thing with no rhyme or reason as to why something is or isn't signed, and why some items have only one or two but not all three signatures.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Lorriane, I am guessing in recent years as more fans discover that they can do this that the number has crept up to 100 or more(I wouldn't be surprised) and that they sign maybe 20 or 30.
  • Like 1

Lorriane, I am guessing in recent years as more fans discover that they can do this that the number has crept up to 100 or more(I wouldn't be surprised) and that they sign maybe 20 or 30.

Now I am even more grateful than ever that mine got signed. :)

• Like 4

True, so so true!

• Like 1

I know a lot of people over on Facebook are sending stuff. I've never seen it like this. People are panicked because they think they'll never get another chance.
  • Like 2

Eagle exactly that...people think it is their last chance. Sadly I am going to guess that they will have too much going on in LA to do this before the show...hopefully I'm wrong.
  • Like 1

I know a lot of people over on Facebook are sending stuff. I've never seen it like this. People are panicked because they think they'll never get another chance.

Oh, wow, I never realized the stuff about mailing things in to be signed was on Facebook as well. I was thinking it was just TRF people here that read this thread; FB reaches such a huge number of people! I think you are right, it seems like the last chance maybe.

• Like 3

I believe someone stated that The Forum will not forward items to the band. Couple that with being Neil's hometown and "Last Show" I doubt they will sign much if anything.
  • Like 3

Well a picture of a signed album popped up on my twitter feed last night, and she gave details on how to do it, so it is much more widely known I think than previous years.

Well a picture of a signed album popped up on my twitter feed last night, and she gave details on how to do it, so it is much more widely known I think than previous years.

Ahh gotta love our little secret is now known by the masses :(

• Like 2

I'm sure yours was surrounded by magical "long time bestie fan" aura that mysteriously drew their Sharpie filled hands closer and closer to it. . . . feeling filled with love and gratitude . . . must sign Rolling Stone for this fan Lorraine . . . . . nothing else exists . . . . . :P

• Like 3

The thought of sending something to the band had not occured to me earlier than this tour. Having a friend in the US that can help a Dutchie like me with this is awesome :) Otherwise I wouldn't have known how to do this. I've only seen two CA shows back in 2012 in the US, but shipping something from The Netherlands to a US venue in time is pretty difficult.

Add: and I wouldn't have had any US stamps for the SASE also ;)

Edited by Catch The Mystery

Ditto that for me. If they only sign a relatively small number then I am way fortunate to be 2-for-2 on that. Very grateful to the guys. :)

• Like 3

I'm sure yours was surrounded by magical "long time bestie fan" aura that mysteriously drew their Sharpie filled hands closer and closer to it. . . . feeling filled with love and gratitude . . . must sign Rolling Stone for this fan Lorraine . . . . . nothing else exists . . . . . :P

Awww

Thanks for the hearty laugh, Chica!

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

I would imagine that they have a lot of dark stuff to sign. Things like the 2112 album..etc. So they probably have a lot of silver sharpies on hand.

I'm grateful they did have a silver sharpie. I didn't even think of that. I just assumed they would sign in a light spot. I didn't even think of their signing on their dark clothing either. Probably because I didn't even know a silver sharpie existed. :LOL:

If you send them a sharpie, do they get sent back too?

• Like 1

Got this today from Seattle...I kind thought it was lost in the mail. It looks like Alex personalized it.... I'm truly surprised and happy to get it back with all three.

http://i57.tinypic.com/m9xhtl.jpg

Im glad you got your back. I called the arena today looking for my item. She said so many packages came through they sent most back to sender unsigned. I still haven't received my original package or the return mailer. I live in Florida

Wow, I am guessing the early bird got the worm on this one, as I got mine back signed by all three and I know a few others here sent it to arrive a couple of days early and theirs were signed as well. But it's such an iffy process that unless you are on the receiving end, you really have no way of knowing the rhyme or reason behind it all.

I checked tracking mine was received 07/16 in the am... I've had a lot of luck getting items there 2 days prior ....

For what it's worth, my record arrived in Seattle the Wednesday before their Sunday show, and came back unsigned. They did however take the silver sharpie I had included and used it to sign other items. :(

For what it's worth, my record arrived in Seattle the Wednesday before their Sunday show, and came back unsigned. They did however take the silver sharpie I had included and used it to sign other items. :(

Did you send them an album?

Honestly, I can't figure out how this autograph thing all works.

Do you have other things that they've signed over the years or on this tour?

Wow, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that. :(

Did you send them an album?

Honestly, I can't figure out how this autograph thing all works.

Do you have other things that they've signed over the years or on this tour?

I sent the 2112 LP jacket. Never had anything else signed by them on this tour or any other prior tour. First time sent back unsigned, sent again, sent back unsigned again missing note + sharpie. Oh well. I sent a different record (Moving Pictures) to their second-to-last show on Thursday, so we'll see how it pans out.

• Like 1