Autographs?

GotPeart

Honestly I think it must be where you end up in the queue.

Possibly, but I do have one more thought to consider on this. Both times I got my items signed, I did include a note thanking them and telling them of why I appreciate them so much. I wonder if sometimes they are more inclined to skip over people who don't do this? It's just a theory; if you are one of the people who got your item back unsigned and also included a note of thanks, I'd be interested in knowing that. Again, just a theory.

Possibly, but I do have one more thought to consider on this. Both times I got my items signed, I did include a note thanking them and telling them of why I appreciate them so much. I wonder if sometimes they are more inclined to skip over people who don't do this? It's just a theory; if you are one of the people who got your item back unsigned and also included a note of thanks, I'd be interested in knowing that. Again, just a theory.

I have had 9 album covers signed. I always include a note. I make it personal and light . I mention baseball , I talk about why I liked the album cover etc. It has worked well for me. I have struck out with snakes and arrows this tour however. I sent it via an autograph agent with my feedback Lp to be autographed and he could only get Feedback signed. I sent it to Las vegas and it came back today in the return envelope unsigned. I will be posting a pic of my collection soon. I have every album cover autographed. 9 of them personalized from the past three tours. That album unsigned is going to be a bee in my bonnet

I have had 9 album covers signed. I always include a note. I make it personal and light . I mention baseball , I talk about why I liked the album cover etc. It has worked well for me. I have struck out with snakes and arrows this tour however. I sent it via an autograph agent with my feedback Lp to be autographed and he could only get Feedback signed. I sent it to Las vegas and it came back today in the return envelope unsigned. I will be posting a pic of my collection soon. I have every album cover autographed. 9 of them personalized from the past three tours. That album unsigned is going to be a bee in my bonnet

I would guess that the venues at the biggest cities would have the most items sent. Not everyone checks to see if places actually forward mail either.

This thing has been like a cool Rush lottery! It's interesting all the different ideas we have about the process, another fun thing Rush has givin' us that most bands never do!! Love these guys!!!

I included a note of thanks with all 3 of my failures so far this tour and also in the Phoenix package I sent. Haven't had any return activity from Phoenix yet, but still hoping....

I included a note of thanks with all 3 of my failures so far this tour and also in the Phoenix package I sent. Haven't had any return activity from Phoenix yet, but still hoping....

OK, well that answers that question. Sending you positive vibes...let's score one before this tour is in the books! :)

• Like 1

For what it's worth......I am, and have been an autograph collector for over 30 years. Music, movies, TV sports, political etc, etc. But music has always been my favorite. I have gotten big name folks, and also folks that many here likely haven't heard of, but somehow they made a mark on me. I never send a request to someone I don't appreciate, and I do not sell my autographs. (It's the wife's inheritance....lol)

I have always done the following in any of my mailed requests......I write a sincere letter of appreciation and request and autograph within the second paragraph. Two paragraphs, no more, no less. Short and sweet. Keep in mind, the time restraints any celebrity may be under. I include the item, as well as a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE). And always include the celebs address as the return address if the package is over 13 oz.....otherwise the postal service will not forward it back to you. Packages under 13 oz are exempt from this. I have had extraordinary success mailing to artists via their homes, management and agent offices. Via venue is much trickier. Many venues simply will not forward mail to performers. Many performers simply will not accept mail while at the venue. I follow an autograph forum that has an ongoing thread that lists venues and artists that are either known to forward/sign or not forward/sign.

Quite honestly, that is how I found out about Rush signing via venue. Another forum member had success in mailing to Kansas, so I gave it a try for Utah and then Portland as a back-up. I received them both back successfully signed.

Again, sorry if this is just rambling, but I hope it might help anyone that doesn't have a good understanding of the process. If anyone needs further clarification or questions, please feel free to ask here of PM me. Cheers!

• Like 1

I included a note, but it wasn't anything earth shattering. I posted what I wrote on here. It's back a few pages.

But I do want to get word to Liam how much I appreciate what he did.

Not sure he does that much.

Eagle, isn't Liam the one that sets up the stuff to sign and packs it back up to send...or do you think they have someone now who does just this?

FWIW the previous tour I sent a bit longer notes and got nothing back or the item but not signed, the one I got signed actually just had a couple lines on it. This tour same it was like 2 lines long, makes me wonder if the longer notes are take too much time...who knows, I really think a lot is luck of the draw.

So do you think the guys ever get a chance to read the notes?

Eagle, isn't Liam the one that sets up the stuff to sign and packs it back up to send...or do you think they have someone now who does just this?

FWIW the previous tour I sent a bit longer notes and got nothing back or the item but not signed, the one I got signed actually just had a couple lines on it. This tour same it was like 2 lines long, makes me wonder if the longer notes are take too much time...who knows, I really think a lot is luck of the draw.

I think someone sets it up and they sign it when they get time. When they run out of time, nothing else gets signed. I also think they sign items individualy and not as a group. Mine came back signed my Alex and Neil but not Geddy. I'm guessing he ran out of time before he got to my item. I sent a note with an update about my daughter (their first Make-A-Wish kid in 2008) and a brief paragraph about our road trip to see them in Canada one our visit to LeStudio. I think they read it because my item was personalized "Hi Samantha!". Also, I sent mine to the attention of a different person who was the guy that was in charge of her wish. We have got to see him at every tour since, except this one. He is a great guy.

• Like 2

I included a nice note thanking them for "the music" and for signing my album cover.

I think it's cool that they do this, but seeing that people are sending things every tour, and several things over the course of one tour it a bit overkill, give someone else a chance, jeez!

I think someone sets it up and they sign it when they get time. When they run out of time, nothing else gets signed. I also think they sign items individualy and not as a group. Mine came back signed my Alex and Neil but not Geddy. I'm guessing he ran out of time before he got to my item. I sent a note with an update about my daughter (their first Make-A-Wish kid in 2008) and a brief paragraph about our road trip to see them in Canada one our visit to LeStudio. I think they read it because my item was personalized "Hi Samantha!". Also, I sent mine to the attention of a different person who was the guy that was in charge of her wish. We have got to see him at every tour since, except this one. He is a great guy.

That was a beautiful photo from your road trip. I hope your daughter is doing well now! :)

• Like 1

I would think Liam puts them on the table and probably mails them afterwards but maybe the venue does that. I wonder how much time they have to read the notes. If they're doing it after the meet and greets then that's not much time to do much of anything except sign stuff.

That was a beautiful photo from your road trip. I hope your daughter is doing well now! :)

Thanks for your kind words. She remains cancer free and is getting ready to start her second year of grad school.

• Like 6

Thanks for your kind words. She remains cancer free and is getting ready to start her second year of grad school.

That is wonderful!! Best wishes to you both - Samantha sounds awesome!!

• Like 2

For people wondering about timelines, mine arrived at the Seattle venue the Friday before the Sunday show so it was about as late as you can send it. It only got signed by Geddy so I have no idea if the lateness had something to do with it but I wouldn't think so seeing as the band couldn't have been in Seattle before Saturday anyway. Because I am a lazy procrastinating jerk, I got my wife to do the packaging, mailing and note writing. No idea what she wrote, but maybe it really offended Alex and Neil? :D Edited by Apollo

For people wondering about timelines, mine arrived at the Seattle venue the Friday before the Sunday show so it was about as late as you can send it. It only got signed by Geddy so I have no idea if the lateness had something to do with it but I wouldn't think so seeing as the band couldn't have been in Seattle before Saturday anyway. Because I am a lazy procrastinating jerk, I got my wife to do the packaging, mailing and note writing. No idea what she wrote, but maybe it really offended Alex and Neil? :D

Mine got to the Seattle venue the Monday before the show so it sat there for almost a week. Geddy was the only one who didn't sign mine. Weird. Like I mentioned in a post above, I think it all comes down to the time they have. It's a crap shoot!

For people wondering about timelines, mine arrived at the Seattle venue the Friday before the Sunday show so it was about as late as you can send it. It only got signed by Geddy so I have no idea if the lateness had something to do with it but I wouldn't think so seeing as the band couldn't have been in Seattle before Saturday anyway. Because I am a lazy procrastinating jerk, I got my wife to do the packaging, mailing and note writing. No idea what she wrote, but maybe it really offended Alex and Neil? :D

You sure she didn't write "Hi Geddy! Thanks for everything! Love, Apollo"?

I really do wonder now if some of the Rush insiders read this forum in general and are reading this thread in particular.

Why now?