Autographs?

GotPeart

I really do wonder now if some of the Rush insiders read this forum in general and are reading this thread in particular.

Why now?

Because this seems to be a hit and miss type of thing - getting autographs. The only other thing I can think is that everything is laid out in the order it was received at the venue - first arrive, first serve type of thing - by Liam.

I know you said they often run out of time when they even have the time to sign stuff.

But reading the posts here, when some sent their items to Seattle, how they came back, makes me wonder.....

• Like 1

I really do wonder now if some of the Rush insiders read this forum in general and are reading this thread in particular.

Why now?

Because this seems to be a hit and miss type of thing - getting autographs. The only other thing I can think is that everything is laid out in the order it was received at the venue - first arrive, first serve type of thing - by Liam.

I know you said they often run out of time when they even have the time to sign stuff.

But reading the posts here, when some sent their items to Seattle, how they came back, makes me wonder.....

Hard to tell. It might depend on how well the venue manages to get all the mail in one spot.

...And always include the celebs address as the return address if the package is over 13 oz.....otherwise the postal service will not forward it back to you. Packages under 13 oz are exempt from this...

Well this is where it apparently went wrong with my package on it's way back to TX! From the track & track info that was given to my friend at the post office he had discovered that my return envelope had been returned to the Key Arena instead of his TX address. He has contacted them and he was most fortunate to have been put in touch with a super nice staff member who not only located the envelope but was also super kind to drop it off at the post office and even bought track and trace for it as well! So, now it's only anoher 24 hours and then me and my friend will be able to open the package together via FaceTime :) Soooooo excited!!! And within a month's time I'll be able to hold it in my hands when I meet up with him in person!

Edited by Catch The Mystery
  • Like 5

...And always include the celebs address as the return address if the package is over 13 oz.....otherwise the postal service will not forward it back to you. Packages under 13 oz are exempt from this...

Well this is where it apparently went wrong with my package on it's way back to TX! From the track & track info that was given to my friend at the post office he had discovered that my return envelope had been returned to the Key Arena instead of his TX address. He has contacted them and he was most fortunate to have been put in touch with a super nice staff member who not only located the envelope but was also super kind to drop it off at the post office and even bought track and trace for it as well! So, now it's only anoher 24 hours and then me and my friend will be able to open the package together via FaceTime :) Soooooo excited!!! And within a month's time I'll be able to hold it in my hands when I meet up with him in person!

I'm so glad your package is not lost! That's very exciting! I still don't understand the 13 oz. thing, even with the good explanation from you and Diamond Dave but that's really cool the arena people were so nice and that you will have it soon! :D

• Like 1

I'm so glad your package is not lost! That's very exciting! I still don't understand the 13 oz. thing, even with the good explanation from you and Diamond Dave but that's really cool the arena people were so nice and that you will have it soon! :D

Thanks, I'll try and take some screenshots of the FaceTime session. If the tourbook comes out of the envelope with one, two or even three sigs on it I'll be doing a happy dance first :LOL: and then I'll post a pic of it here.

• Like 2

I spoke with this lady via email looking for my package. I guess the items that were over 13 ounces were returned . She wrote down the names of every one being sent back out.

I'm a rural carrier for the post office....the reason behind the 13 oz thing is those packages are flown as cargo on commercial passenger airlines. There is a concern from the airlines that packages 13 oz or more, could be something nefarious. Add no return address or the same return address as addressed to, and it is considered an anonymous package. It will not ship, or if by chance it does, if it is noticed at any point of it's travel, it will be returned to the point of departure.
  • Like 3

I'm a rural carrier for the post office....the reason behind the 13 oz thing is those packages are flown as cargo on commercial passenger airlines. There is a concern from the airlines that packages 13 oz or more, could be something nefarious. Add no return address or the same return address as addressed to, and it is considered an anonymous package. It will not ship, or if by chance it does, if it is noticed at any point of it's travel, it will be returned to the point of departure.

Thanks for the info. It is good to know this. :)

• Like 1

Interesting because I addressed my return envelope to and from myself and didn't have a problem. Thank goodness!
  • Like 2

How bizarre. My friend went to the post office when he sent it out to Seattle and I think he may not have been told about this 13 oz thing. He's put the Key Arena as the sender on the return package. Lucky for us he did get track & trace for the return envelope as well so he was able to determine where it ended up so all will be well after all in the end :D

• Like 1

I spoke with this lady via email looking for my package. I guess the items that were over 13 ounces were returned . She wrote down the names of every one being sent back out.

So you were iin the same boat as me. How may others were there in total? Did she give you a number? I really am super happy she was willing to return all our itmes :)

How bizarre. My friend went to the post office when he sent it out to Seattle and I think he may not have been told about this 13 oz thing. He's put the Key Arena as the sender on the return package. Lucky for us he did get track & trace for the return envelope as well so he was able to determine where it ended up so all will be well after all in the end :D

So you were iin the same boat as me. How may others were there in total? Did she give you a number? I really am super happy she was willing to return all our itmes :)

She did not give a number. She mentioned she had several. I had myself as the sender and return . I'm sure my package is sitting in a post office somewhere ... I emailed her last night asking which post office I should start checking at . Tried going through post office general service really difficult if the tracking number is not showing up in the system Edited by ajonesumcane

wow I can't believe how lucky I was then, my package had a weird label on it I hadn't seen before, it looks like it was over 13oz and stamped(the post guy in my town would not pre-meter it) and I had my address as the to and return....I think it is awesome the venue is working with some of you to get your packages to you...really above and beyond on their part...nice to see good people in the world still. Edited by hcm
  • Like 3

Anxiously waiting for my tour book from Phoenix. Please let the third time be the charm!!

Anxiously waiting for my LP from Phoenix. Please let the fourth time be the charm!!

Out for delivery now....so will hopefully find out later. Fingers, arms, and legs crossed.

Anxiously waiting for my tour book from Phoenix. Please let the third time be the charm!!

Anxiously waiting for my LP from Phoenix. Please let the fourth time be the charm!!

Out for delivery now....so will hopefully find out later. Fingers, arms, and legs crossed.

good luck!!

Interesting because I addressed my return envelope to and from myself and didn't have a problem. Thank goodness!

Same here, both times with success.

So did I.

Some of this information here is so conflicting that it is exasperating. One says do, the other says don't. Who is right?

Same here, both times with success.

So did I.

Some of this information here is so conflicting that it is exasperating. One says do, the other says don't. Who is right?

Sorry Glenn

Lorraine if it was under 13oz I think it doesn't matter

Mine was over the 13 oz. and it came back just fine addressed both ways to me. Maybe there are a lot of lax postal workers out there.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1