Old Rush Rumors

antiquark

Has anyone heard any old Rush rumors from way back? Here's two I've heard from the olden days.

Geddy's Change of Voice

"When Rush started, Ged's voice was deeper... darker some would say. Then he was in a horrible motorcycle accident. After that his voice was much higher."

So that rumor is laughable, just listen to the oldest stuff. I guess the idea is he crashed his motorcycle and banged his crotch on the handlebars really hard, leading to his high squeaky voice. Lol.

The Thief Alex Lifeson

"Alex would frequent bars in the Toronto area, looking for good riffs from unknown bands. He stole the best ones. His career is based on plagiarism"

That rumor disturbed me for a long time, but in hindsight, I've never seen any examples of it. Nowadays, if there was some "soundalike" riffs, someone would have posted it on youtube for all to see.

Any other rumors?

Edited by antiquark
  • Like 2

I've heard a rumor that if the holocaust never happened, Rush wouldn't have existed...

Rush might have but Geddy wouldn't have.

I remember a rumor in the early 80's that Neil had cancer...the "proof" being his short hair. Ridiculous.

Yeah I remember hearing that...but I think it was the 90's around the Presto tour when he started wearing the wrap on his head

Brian Williams of NBC reporting that Neil Peart's books are being burned at this moment in 1943 Germany.
  • Like 5

Has anyone heard any old Rush rumors from way back? Here's two I've heard from the olden days.

Geddy's Change of Voice

"When Rush started, Ged's voice was deeper... darker some would say. Then he was in a horrible motorcycle accident. After that his voice was much higher."

We were told the same thing in the sixties about Bob Dylan. Except with Bob Dylan, it was the opposite. His voice got lower on account of a motorcycle accident. The rumor surfaced when Lay Lady Lay came out.

The band has been rumored to have smoked a bunch of weed during the recording of Caress Of Steel.

I don't doubt that at all.

I remember a rumor in the early 80's that Neil had cancer...the "proof" being his short hair. Ridiculous.

what in the world did Geddy get that caused this atrocity? :scared:

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/PanaceaFish/Geddy%20Lee%20Pix/Geddy124.jpg

Edited by thegirlintherushshirt
  • Like 3

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/PanaceaFish/Geddy%20Lee%20Pix/Geddy124.jpg

Rumor is that Alex got him a coonskin hat for Christmas one year, and Geddy loved it so much he wore it for a whole year.

• Like 5

A hair tie? :LOL:

Rumor is that Alex got him a coonskin hat for Christmas one year, and Geddy loved it so much he wore it for a whole year.

Maybe Geddy shares Phil Collins' bizarre love of all things Alamo? Maybe this is Geddy's tribute to Davy Crockett?

Here's a crazy Rush rumor from a poster at KissFAQ's board:

Both are great bands, but let's not forget Rush actually spent their 40th year at home because they had over toured and LN wouldn't book them, brought back out this year telling everyone it'd most likely be the last time Rush ever toured to boost sales. The Usual Suspects in the"rush" to always rag on the Kurrent incarnation of KISS always forget the facts when trying to do so. Don't really understand it,it's quite comical.

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109241

I called BS on the guy because he had posted the same crap last year when Rush didn't tour. Best reply he could come up with is that I'm "butthurt" fan lol! More likely Livenation was butthurt because Rush turned them down so someone concoted this story. Nevermind the guys stated mutiple times they were taking a break after the Clockwork Angels tour and didn't want to tour last year.