"Likely last major tour of this magnitude."

Powderfinger

According to the press release, the 2015 tour is "likely the last major tour of this magnitude." That was my thinking when rumors about the tour first emerged, but seeing it in print sort of caught me off guard. This could be it. It compels me to consider going to both Dallas and Austin.

According to the press release, the 2015 tour is "likely the last major tour of this magnitude." That was my thinking when rumors about the tour first emerged, but seeing it in print sort of caught me off guard. This could be it. It compels me to consider going to both Dallas and Austin.

Im definitely going to see them in Austin (its outside, a Saturday, and my birthday), considering Tulsa and Dallas as well

Could that mean…is this goodbye? :(

I don't think so. It didn't say this was the last tour but this is probably the last long tour they'll do. After this I could see them doing a few shorter tours that are only 15-20 shows each. If this was their last tour they would be marketing the hell out of that.

• Like 3

I don't think so. It didn't say this was the last tour but this is probably the last long tour they'll do. After this I could see them doing a few shorter tours that are only 15-20 shows each. If this was their last tour they would be marketing the hell out of that.

Also it's a good way to get people worried...like "what does that mean???" and so they go buy tickets. :LOL:

• Like 5

Just my opinion,

For some reason I don't see Rush doing a "farewell" tour.

I think one day a tour will come to a close and that will be that.

I have no grounds for this opinion, of course, just a feeling I get.

Either way, I'm excited to see them at each and every opportunity.

Count me in for Newark and New York City on this tour.

• Like 2

Im definitely going to see them in Austin (its outside, a Saturday, and my birthday), considering Tulsa and Dallas as well

thats my birthday too! too bad i don't live in Texas.

i really hope i can see them in Irvine or Los Angeles. it would be great to see both those shows but that's a long shot. i'm even considering getting applying for jobs in order to help my family save up for tickets. i mean, i need a job as it is but Rush tickets will be a great incentive for me.

The quote means exactly what it says.

This is the last time RUSH is going to embark on a single major tour of arenas and/or large sheds with a full production.

In other words.. this is the last time we're going to see the full RUSH experience.

• Like 2

As I was sharing the good news with a friend tonight and sharing some dates I'd like to attended I mentioned how big the Forum is. It's the first place I saw Rush and I got this weird feeling that it might be the last.

I'm surprised Rush is doing this 34 city North American Tour.

We are blessed.

I don't see Rush ever going to Europe again.

It seems Geddy and Alex had to twist Neil's arm to do this Tour.

Neil wants to retire and enjoy his wife and Olivia.

Let's not be so selfish. Neil went through Hell with losing his first family. He is so lucky or blessed to start anew.

I hope Rush tours the world but I just don't see it happening.

If you have the money I suggest you fly over the pond and come here!

I've met so many wonderful people from Europe who come over here to see their beloved band.

It's a wonderful thing.

Every Rush fan I have ever met from around the globe has always been awesome!

If Rush was only touring Europe I would go for sure!!

Hell if Rush does tour the UK I might stay at some of your flats!! Lol!

Rush On!

Forever!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

You're amazing Goose!

I wish I had your will power.

I don't know. I never cheat and look at the set list.

Perhaps if it's a shit list and they bring out that shit orchestra again I might pass.

Well I'm a whore. I have to do San Jose!

Future home of the Oakland A's! NOT! :-)

• Like 1

You're amazing Goose!

Perhaps if it's a shit list and they bring out that shit orchestra again I might pass.

Obviously they are a great band, but the business end has taken front and center. I don't fault them for it.

Funny you mention the setlist. I am a setlist checker and that was part of the reason I skipped the last tour. :zzz:

Time Machine was a great tour. In fact most every tour since T4E was solid (minus Snakes and Clockwork). If there's a killer setlist I might shell out.

• Like 2

You're amazing Goose!

Obviously they are a great band, but the business end has taken front and center. I don't fault them for it.

Funny you mention the setlist. I am a setlist checker and that was part of the reason I skipped the last tour. :zzz:

Time Machine was a great tour. In fact most every tour since T4E was solid (minus Snakes and Clockwork). If there's a killer setlist I might shell out.

I agree with you on the "Cockwork Devils" Tour. I was really excited for that album tour. After seeing it three times I was done. I did NOT pay a dime to see the tour again on the second leg. Heck Rush skipped the Bay Area and the set was the fuckking same!

I was so done man. God I hope they don't bring the orchestra out on the road again. Talented yes, but wearing those lame Neil Peart black shirts with the stupid gold arrows and shit was pathetic.

I hope this tour will be refreshing with some songs they've never played before. Always hoping for "Losing It" or "Available Light." Heck Geddy can't sing that song now!

Last tour did put me to sleep. I loved the "S&A" Tour except for when they played 5 S&A songs in a row! Jesus!

• Like 1

I think that if they'e still feeling good by the time August rolls around, there's a good chance of a 2016 leg, with some European dates and N.A. markets that weren't hit this time around. If this IS the final go-round, would they really go out on a tour in which they don't play Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Saratoga, Hershey, Milwaukee, anywhere in CT (whether it be Uncasville, Hartford or Bridgeport), and only one Florida date?

On the other hand, they ARE hitting enough major markets in the U.S. to also make this feel like it could be a one-leg tour, a la R30 (minus Europe of course).

• Like 1

Probably more like the Rolling Stones, they never retired, but just do short tours now and then. Not these 35-city extravaganzas.

Gotta bear in mind that Neil is well into the twilight of his carreer regarding his current genre.. 'ol Charlie Watts is 72 but doesn't bash the tubs like our Prof ' (62). As far as retirement goes, apart from spending time with loved ones he can read, write and ride while on tour.

• Like 1

I'm so put off by the way tickets are sold these days, and the prices. I passed on the last tour and probably will this one as well.

I agree about tickets sales processes and the prices, but I am a sucker and can't ever pass on a tour.

I will be going to Austin with some fellow fans and friends and Dallas with my kids. I am eyeing Calgary, as well, because I will make a week of it and go hike and bike Banff and, really, the opportunity to see Rush in Canada....

• Like 1

The quote means exactly what it says.

This is the last time RUSH is going to embark on a single major tour of arenas and/or large sheds with a full production.

In other words.. this is the last time we're going to see the full RUSH experience.

Which makes complete sense. I wasn't exactly shocked to see that line in the press release, but it did cause me to pause a moment and appreciate the last five tours and even more this next one.

• Like 1

Also it's a good way to get people worried...like "what does that mean???" and so they go buy tickets. :LOL:

Such a cynic! ;)

Yep, it will definitely help sell tickets, but I think it was also a nice gesture to the fan base to give them a heads up of, "listen up, guys, this is probably the last big one we have in us - if you have designs of taking x, y, y, or z to a show sometime in their life, this is probably the time to do it."

As a result, I fully expect the crowd on this tour to be a lot younger.

One of my staffers who is somewhat of a Rush fan (likes the music, respects the band, has seen them live once in the 1990s, but isn't really a diehard) asked me a few weeks ago about the possibility of a summer tour. I told him the rumors and I would let him know if they announced. Obviously, yesterday I told him and showed him the dates, as well as the press release. That one line caused him to say, "Oh man, we have got to go". By "we" he meant his family. He looked at the Austin date and said "Oh. A Saturday. No school for the kids. Boss, can I request that weekend off now? I am going to take the whole family."

His kids are in middle school.

And, yes, he already has that weekend off.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

You're amazing Goose!

If I had not had such a long dry spell between Rush shows, I might feel the same way. I might. Rush was not on my radar at all after I heard Test For Echo and didn't like t too much. I got involved with going to lots other bands' shows, and doing other things...I did not see the Test For Echo tour, nor Vapor Trails, nor R30, nor Snakes and Arrows, nor Time Machine. But it was around the end of the Time Machine tour that I came back into the fold, so to speak.

And so, when I attended the second leg of the Clockwork Angels tour, in July of 2013, it was the first time I had seen Rush live since 1994. And I promised myself I would never miss them again, for as long as they continue to tour. I started listening to them courtesy of my older brother, when I was six or seven years old. They are, and have always been, the most important band in my lifetime (and they have been around for longer than I have- Alex and Geddy had already been playing together for five years when they recorded the debut album- and I was less than a year old, at that time. But I digress)...the only other band that rivals their importance in my life is The Black Crowes, who I saw 49 times between 1992 and 2009.

More to your point about the business end of touring- if Rush didn't have the elaborate stage props and backdrops and the light show that they do, then they wouldn't need to have the tremendous support system that they need to have (namely the road crew). All of that falls under the category of 'overhead', and the more there is of that, the more it costs them to go out on tour. So that cost gets passed on to us. And probably the physical toll it takes on them to perform for three hours a night May factor in to what they want to charge us, too, even though it's pretty obvious that they don't need the money, at this point.

I don't mean to be lecturing anybody, talking about this stuff- but those are the real considerations when it comes to the business and the logistics of touring.

I'm going to see them as much as I can, and put up with whatever I have to put up with to see them. I'm not going the VIP route or anything, but I'm willing to pay the standard ticket prices.

• Like 1