Test For Echo - Good or Bad?

Lorraine

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Test For Echo?

• Love the album!
    • Heartily dislike it.
    • Half and half - some good songs but mostly duds.
    • Test for what?

I love the album.

Buddy, you'd love a jar of farts if Lerxt gave it to you!

Eh no...

I do not like Rush In Rio and not either Clockwork Angels Tour

But what if it was a well-produced jar of farts?

He would faint with green gas glee!

Better than Signals-Presto era. It still sounds modern and good to this day.

You really think so? I hope you realize that I am not trying to be a dick but I am just genuinely curious. I am guessing you just aren't a synth kind of guy. No? :)
  • Like 1

You really think so? I hope you realize that I am not trying to be a dick but I am just genuinely curious. I am guessing you just aren't a synth kind of guy. No? :)

Really. I like the synth era, but it is the band's worst.

Really. I like the synth era, but it is the band's worst.

Fair enough. Thanks... :cool:

Test for Echo - Better than most people give it credit for.

But still a few really bad songs which weigh it down a bit.

Totem

Test for Echo

Time and Motion

Driven

...all get regular playback from me.

I definitely wouldn't object to the guys playing 1 song from this album. Preferably Time and Motion.

It'll be our luck that they pick Dog Years :facepalm:

• Like 2

I like Driven, Time and Motion, Totem, Limbo, and to some extent Carve Away the Stone.

The rest of them they can keep. The riff to virtuality is great but the lyrics bother me to the point where I can listen to it. Dog Years is worse lyrically. But the winner of the lyric battle to me is the title track...

• Like 1

Just listened to it. It's pretty good.

Test for Echo: 9.3

Driven: 9.5

Half the World: 8.0

The Color of Right: 8.4

Time and Motion: 9.2

Totem: 8.5

Dog Years: 6.7

Virtuality: 8.1

Resist: 9.0

Limbo: 7.5

Carve Away the Stone: 7.2

OVERALL: 8.3

I really like this album. My ranking...

Totem

Dog Years *runs for cover*

The Color of Right

Resist

Driven

Half the World

Test For Echo

Carve Away the Stone

Time and Motion

Limbo

Virtuality

I just checked my ranking sheet and T4E is my 10th favorite of theirs.

Edited by Greedy Oak

I really like resist and totem,

the others are eh...

All Canadians know that "eh" is pronounce "A"!

Good call bro, good call ;)

• Like 1

I read a review of T4E on a metal website, them metal heads claimed that it's Rush's most metal album.. Something about the guitar sound.. Not sure what to make of that but it was interesting to hear.

I love the title track, driven, time and motion, totem and limbo. The rest are good enough that I don't skip them.

Disliked it when it came out but after repeated listening last year it got moved up several notches on my RUSH album listing. TFE is a very underrated song....loved that tour I discovered the band Rage Against The Machine.

I went to go play it two days ago and it's NOT in its Sector sleeve....now I've got figure out where the hell it is.

I went to go play it two days ago and it's NOT in its Sector sleeve....now I've got figure out where the hell it is.

I tell you, I am convinced there is a legion of Rush Avenging Angels. Say something derogatory about any one of their albums (except Feedback), and something untoward happens. They hid your album on you. I just know it!! . Now, they will make you hunt for it until you are so desperate to hear it, that when you finally do, you will regret every bad thought you ever harbored against it.

Let this be a lesson to all Rush fans. Beware of what you say and/or post about any Rush albums. Rush Avenging Angels never sleep and they don't miss a trick!!!

:codger: :scared: :ph34r:

;) ;) ;)

• Like 2

I tell you, I am convinced there is a legion of Rush Avenging Angels. Say something derogatory about any one of their albums (except Feedback), and something untoward happens. They hid your album on you. I just know it!! . Now, they will make you hunt for it until you are so desperate to hear it, that when you finally do, you will regret every bad thought you ever harbored against it.

Let this be a lesson to all Rush fans. Beware of what you say and/or post about any Rush albums. Rush Avenging Angels never sleep and they don't miss a trick!!!

;) ;) ;)

I'm afraid to ask what a Rush Avenging Angel looks like. (RAA?) Maybe like the Starman with an inukshuk tattooed on its butt?

;) ;) ;)

I'm afraid to ask what a Rush Avenging Angel looks like. (RAA?) Maybe like the Starman with an inukshuk tattooed on its butt?

:huh: I never saw one. They're sneaky. They hum Rush songs in your brain from the album you have said something not so nice about. All the time they hum, hum, hum. Keeps you awake at night all night.

Now, they are eve creeping into my crossword puzzles.

:ph34r:

;) ;) ;)

:huh: I never saw one. They're sneaky. They hum Rush songs in your brain from the album you have said something not so nice about. All the time they hum, hum, hum. Keeps you awake at night all night.

Now, they are eve creeping into my crossword puzzles.

:ph34r:

That's what that buzzing sound is. I thought it was my tinnitus. :LOL:

• Like 1