Who here does NOT hate Hold Your Fire?

fraroc

Hold Your Fire is nearly Signals good and despite not being invited to parties Signals is near brilliant!

I take Hold Your Fire over Signals, even though I do like most of Signals very much.

But I still gave you a like...one Charger owner to another!

The first 8 are strong....

Thoes other two........Talk about tripping at the finish line, eh Narps? lol

Mick

Then throwing up.... :codger:

High Water isn't horrid. The verses are actually kind cool.

Oy. I can't make myself like the last 2. It's like that cop out. Writing a great novel. or making a great movie. then...........it was all a dream, lol

Mick

A year ago (or less) as most around here know I would have dismissed HYF all together but can't do it now. As I have said the first 8 songs are super strong in my view. If they had left it at that (like the old days) the album would have no flaws or filler at all in my view. I just pretend not to notice the last two and its all good.... :)
  • Like 2

the only one I skip is Second Nature.

:o .....

Just think the lyrics are very corny.

Thats cool. I just pay only a little attention to them but I see your point. I just love the "groove", if you will, of the tune...

Thats cool. I just pay only a little attention to them but I see your point. I just love the "groove", if you will, of the tune...

yeah I like it too. I also like High Water. It does for me at least somewhat point to where they were going with Presto.

yeah I like it too. I also like High Water. It does for me at least somewhat point to where they were going with Presto.

Hear y'all on the groove. The music is solid. Actually like High Water better. HYF is a good album.

• Like 1

The only thing I don't like about Hold Your Fire is the bass tone. It's really farty. Not a tone I really think of when I think of Geddys playing. Grindy and mean but not farty. :LOL:

The only thing I don't like about Hold Your Fire is the bass tone. It's really farty. Not a tone I really think of when I think of Geddys playing. Grindy and mean but not farty. :LOL:

I love it,

Farty in this case is good! :LOL: :P

• Like 1

I love it,

If you say so. :LOL:

• Like 1

I love it,

:D

It just fits the tone of the album. :7up: :geddy:

• Like 1

I've always felt that Geddy was just going higher on the neck more and more often, especially on Power Windows and Hold Your Fire. I don't think it's a detraction from his playing- I think it's a good fit, where that higher playing is found. It's just a much different style of playing what I like to call 'lead bass'. Geddy has played lead lines on the bass frequently.
  • Like 1

And as much as I'm in love with the album, I don't mean this in a derogatory way at all...but 'farty' bass and another description of certain keyboard sounds during the synth era (which was being discussed in another thread recently) have made me think that maybe the musician credit inside the album notes should be redone to read:

Geddy Lee- Vocals, bass farts, and woobedee woobedees.

:LOL:

• Like 4

I love it,

• Like 1

I love it,

:LOL:

You are not always going to get,

Xanadu :P

Hold Your Fire is nearly Signals good and despite not being invited to parties Signals is near brilliant!

I take Hold Your Fire over Signals, even though I do like most of Signals very much.

But I still gave you a like...one Charger owner to another!

Ah a man with Mopar taste. I must confess I never owned a Charger. I owned 5 Challengers, 3 Dusters and a bad ass Dart Sport that was faster than any right it had to be. I must live long enough to own a Charger, a Roadrunner and some form of Barracuda.