Who here does NOT hate Hold Your Fire?

fraroc

"Does NOT hate" is my middle name, I'm one of the 90%

Hold Your Fire is good although it is certainly one of my least favorite albums of the 80's. Blows Presto out of the water though.

They need to play more of HYF on the next tour, it has been neglected for too long. Prime Mover, Open Secrets or Lock and Key would be beyond awesome!!

Hold Your Fire is a perfect album.

I even love the last two songs.

I think it is top three.

• Like 3

funny thing about HYF. i loathed it forever. Hated it for like six years. I didn't like it all at once like Hemispheres. This was a very slow burn. very slow, lol. Love it now though.

Mick

Segue? Is that you?

O wait, it cant be. It took you six years to change!

Takes that frickin douche Segue six minutes to chop and change.

Seggerz Mickages

• Like 1

funny thing about HYF. i loathed it forever. Hated it for like six years. I didn't like it all at once like Hemispheres. This was a very slow burn. very slow, lol. Love it now though.

Mick

Segue? Is that you?

Seggerz Mickages

He can't even decide on Hemispheres. Its brilliant/not so much/it's brilliant/not so much!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

I think it is top three.

I am not certain that I would agree with you on the last song (its sort of ok, at best, for me) but for everything else - totally agree with you.

Its (almost) a perfect album and I agree that it is a top 3 Rush album (along with Power Windows and 2112).

I have told this story before but will mention it again. It is also the album which got me into Rush - thanks to Def Leopard. Was seeing Def Leopard (with Tesla opening) in Rochester NY on the Hysteria tour and they played ALL of HYF over the sound system of the Rochester War Memorial before the show. I had heard the big 3 songs from the album (Time Stand Still, Force 10 & Under Lock and Key) on the radio but had not heard any of the others. Listened, realized that what they were playing must be all of HYF and was blown away. Went out the next day and bought HYF and PoW.

The rest is history.

Great album.

• Like 1

Mick

Segue? Is that you?

Seggerz Mickages

He can't even decide on Hemispheres. Its brilliant/not so much/it's brilliant/not so much!!!!

Mick

I say we hit him where it hurts.

BURN HIS SPRINGSTEEN!

• Like 2

I think it is top three.

I am not certain that I would agree with you on the last song (its sort of ok, at best, for me) but for everything else - totally agree with you.

Its (almost) a perfect album and I agree that it is a top 3 Rush album (along with Power Windows and 2112).

I have told this story before but will mention it again. It is also the album which got me into Rush - thanks to Def Leopard. Was seeing Def Leopard (with Tesla opening) in Rochester NY on the Hysteria tour and they played ALL of HYF over the sound system of the Rochester War Memorial before the show. I had heard the big 3 songs from the album (Time Stand Still, Force 10 & Under Lock and Key) on the radio but had not heard any of the others. Listened, realized that what they were playing must be all of HYF and was blown away. Went out the next day and bought HYF and PoW.

The rest is history.

Great album.

Never got into Def Leppard. Tried...but like Van Halen I am at a loss. However, Foreigner back in the day would have been my jam!

I've always loved it. My favorites are Time Stand Still, Prime Mover, and, yes, Tai Shan. The rest is all pretty good except for High Water. Great album! Edited by Disk98

I've always loved it. My favorites are Time Stand Still, Prime Mover, and, yes, Tai Shan. The rest is all pretty good except for High Water. Great album!

I love High Water! But glad to see someone give Tai Shan the love it so desperately deserves.

• Like 2

I've always loved it. My favorites are Time Stand Still, Prime Mover, and, yes, Tai Shan. The rest is all pretty good except for High Water. Great album!

I love High Water! But glad to see someone give Tai Shan the love it so desperately deserves.

High Water isn't bad, per se, it's just the worst track on the album. Tai Shan, however, is an underrated masterpiece that might have snuck its way into my top 20.

• Like 1

You know, I figure if even the guys don't like it and think it was a mistake, it must be bad.

• Like 1

You know, I figure if even the guys don't like it and think it was a mistake, it must be bad.

They can all eat my poo.

They can all eat my poo.

EMP or EMRP?...

I just pictured Segue at a concert.

Ged: We're gonna do something we don't normally do. Tai shan

Stunned silence from crowd.

Ged: Yea i don't like it either

a lone voice rings out.

Segue: EAT MY POOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 5

a lone voice rings out.

Mick

This will happen.

• Like 2

a lone voice rings out.

Mick

This will happen.

I think you need a new shtick. :LOL:

• Like 1

a lone voice rings out.

Mick

This will happen.

A poo shtick.

• Like 1

a lone voice rings out.

Mick

This will happen.

A poo shtick.

Like a jalapeno on a stick. :LOL:

a lone voice rings out.

Mick

This will happen.

A poo shtick.

Like a jalapeno on a stick. :LOL:

Jalapenos are my life.

If it aint hot i aint happy.

• Like 1