Song you always skip

Rutlefan

I pretty much skip all of Presto

:LOL: Can't blame you.

I would say I would have to be one of the hardest people on the planet to convince that this album had any merits. I didn't even listen to it until 25 years after its release and did that kicking and screaming. There are at least 6 very good songs on there bordering on 7. Just my opinion of course....

A few come to mind:

Second Nature

Witch Hunt

Red Sector A (sick of it)

Different Strings

Nobody's Hero

...and the entire Roll the Bones, Test for Echo, and Clockwork Angels albums....

Edited by greg2112

i know it's Preferance but i can't get behind the never skip thing. Certain albums have that perfectness yes.......but never? I can't even try. Some songs just are that bad to me. again i understand it's all down to preference.

Mick

I think you missed point of the original "never skip" post. You see, we now have these things called "play-lists;" these "play-lists" are like what we used to call "mixes" in the analog era. Now, with the use of digital technology, you can make "play-lists" of only those songs you like, leaving out those you don't like. So, for example, I could make a "play-list" of Exit Stage Left, leaving out Beneath, Between & Behind, thus precluding the need to skip that song each time I listen to Exit Stage Left! Brilliant!! Since learning of these "play-lists" earlier today, I have undertaken digitizing my hundreds of LPs, and uploading my hundreds of CDs to my PC. Then, I will go to Best Buy and buy a compact digital music purveyor, such as an "I-Pod" (what a name, it's a hoot) so I can begin making "play-lists* out of my entire music collection, and thus will never have to skip another track again! The things you can learn from the interweb!

i know it's Preferance but i can't get behind the never skip thing. Certain albums have that perfectness yes.......but never? I can't even try. Some songs just are that bad to me. again i understand it's all down to preference.

Mick

I think you missed point of the original "never skip" post. You see, we now have these things called "play-lists;" these "play-lists" are like what we used to call "mixes" in the analog era. Now, with the use of digital technology, you can make "play-lists" of only those songs you like, leaving out those you don't like. So, for example, I could make a "play-list" of Exit Stage Left, leaving out Beneath, Between & Behind, thus precluding the need to skip that song each time I listen to Exit Stage Left! Brilliant!! Since learning of these "play-lists" earlier today, I have undertaken digitizing my hundreds of LPs, and uploading my hundreds of CDs to my PC. Then, I will go to Best Buy and buy a compact digital music purveyor, such as an "I-Pod" (what a name, it's a hoot) so I can begin making "play-lists* out of my entire music collection, and thus will never have to skip another track again! The things you can learn from the interweb!

:blink: .....
  • Like 1

^ It's a reference to the first response in the thread. Just havin' fun.

I know. My response had to do with my lack of knowledge with current technology. :eh: By current I mean the last 15 years or so at least. I can barely do this..... :LOL: :codger:

Me too. I'm an engineer I don't know one Apple thing from another, and to me a PC is a glorified typewriter/calculator, yet my liberal arts younger (way younger) brother could probably control the DC Metro from his I-phone if he wanted.

Mick

I dunno what the point of that seizure was but i just now stopped laughing........ Have a nappy-poo.

Thanks so much i needed that :laughing guy:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

I know. My response had to do with my lack of knowledge with current technology. :eh: By current I mean the last 15 years or so at least. I can barely do this..... :LOL: :codger:

You and me both.

I don't have a "playlist". I don't even own an I-pod, or whatever it is that is used.

Rutlefan, some of us still live in the Stone Age.

Maybe I will use Wilma Flintstone as my new avatar. More appropriate. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

You and me both.

I don't have a "playlist". I don't even own an I-pod, or whatever it is that is used.

Rutlefan, some of us still live in the Stone Age.

Maybe I will use Wilma Flintstone as my new avatar.

Use Betty if you go that route.... :drool: Or Mary Ann and not Ginger.....
  • Like 1

Rush - Need Some Love

Fly By Night - Rivendell

Caress of Steel - I Think I Am Going Bald

2112 - Zero

A Farewell To Kings - Madrigal

Hemispheres - Zero

Permanent Waves - Zero

Moving Pictures - Zero

Signals - Zero

Grace Under Pressure - Zero

Power Windows - Zero

Hold Your Fire - Zero

Presto - Superconducter and Anagram (For Mongo)

Roll The Bones - Zero

Counterparts - Zero

Test For Echo - Zero

Vapor Trails - Out of the Cradle

Snakes and Arrows - Zero

Clockwork Angels - Zero

6 total songs. Everything else to me I can listen to in the context of giving the album a spin.

• Like 1

Mick

While I have my Rush playlist on my I-Phone and will listen to that...there are times I love to just enjoy an album proper. Something can still be said about enjoying the theme, sound and production from a session captured. In fact Since the end of the CA tour I have rarely listented to Rush except for when I wanted to take a disc and actually put it in my bose in my car and listent to it front to back on my to/home drive from work. So in that spirit I made my list as if I were going to actually listen to a particular album. For me I can listen to almost everything they have recorded save for the half dozen tunes I listed.

Yeah I love them that much. And perfection for me was Hemispheres through Hold Your Fire. I love that period of creative output and sonic brilliance. I dare anyone to name a band that rivals that run of growth and complexity. They went from the pinnacle concept side of Hemispheres to the pinnacle keyboard layered brilliance of Hold Your Fire. Incredible the same band that recorded Hemipsheres, recorded Hold Your Fire just 10 years later. Along that decade of growth they gained and lost many fans.

Talk about progressive. That defines it for me for Rush. Whether you liked everything in between or not in that phase of the band, they did it their way. I loved every track of that epic journey.

Edited by Todem

The overrated track thread made me wonder what are the most skipped tracks. Limiting myself to pre-Power Windows Rush (as after GUP I tend to skip as many tracks as not), the track I can't listen to anymore is Beneath, Between & Behind from Exit Stage Left. Sticks out like a sore thumb musically there, to me.

Can't see it being that bad. Always liked it on there.

• Like 1

The last two on HYF is a given. Very convenient too... :)

I even have them deleted from my digital copy. Pointless songs.

Neil Peart (1988): "I always feel comfortable when I'm near water, be it the sound of the ocean or even the refreshing feeling of a dip in the swimming pool. I remember being in the center of one of Japan's biggest cities and the noise pollution was incredible. But right in the middle was this garden with a small waterfall that ran over a bunch of stones. It was designed in such a way that if you sat by the waterfall, the sound of water would drown out all the surrounding noises. I think the Japanese understand the therapeutic nature of water better than most." (thanks, Mike - Mountlake Terrace, Washington)

• Like 1

Yeah the only rush track i ever skipped was Freeze on the original vapor trails, i like my rush fairly loud on headphones these days and that one was just too harsh on the ear drums, although the remixed version quite acceptable thankfully and actually very listenable.

Um....entire albums. LOL. Feedback. TFE. VT. Not even one song makes my playlist.

Ehh, might as well admit CoS doesn't get one track either.

Not the biggest fan of Vital Signs either.

And don't even get me started on Hemispheres or FWTK.

Wait...am I really a Rush fan?

;)