Not many U2 fans here I think ?

toscanobarga

Where do you think this signature comes from?

One of U2's finest songs ever. No question.

And my all time favorite U2 album by a mile.

I popped on Achtung Baby last week on a long drive....made me smile. And then really exemplified how bland, boring and lousy their new album really is. Just uninspired in comparison. Far less inspired then No Line On The Horizon which IMO was pretty damn good save for the brick walled mastering job.

I hope the next release is a lot better than the hodge lodge of filler material they put on this new clunker.

Edited by Todem

Bummer! Not that he was noted for his guitar playing he's saying he may never play it again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30654731

"Bono broke his arm in six places and fractured his eye socket, hand and shoulder blade in what he called a "freak accident" in New York.

In the letter to his fans, he said he was unable to move around physically and would have to "concentrate hard" to be fit for U2's next tour.

At the time, the hospital where Bono was being treated said he had been involved in "a high-energy bicycle accident when he attempted to avoid another rider".

The Irish rocker spoke this week about being on painkillers for weeks and said he had a "massive injury, I can't blame on anyone but myself".

The 54-year-old Dubliner revealed he now had a titanium elbow."

To me U2 is like tobacco without nicotin... beer without alcohol... coffee without caffeine, etc.

U2 = Thinking man's Duran Duran for the MTV Awards Generation. Most overrated band ever, period.

• Like 4

To me U2 is like tobacco without nicotin... beer without alcohol... coffee without caffeine, etc.

U2 = Thinking man's Duran Duran for the MTV Awards Generation. Most overrated band ever, period.

Maybe but the Beatles would get my vote. Love them individually with George Harrison being my favorite.

Maybe but the Beatles would get my vote. Love them individually with George Harrison being my favorite.

Oh i'm a guy who used to rave over the beatles. I still respect them but i think i can give you at least 20 bands that trump the Beatles.

Mick

This is what his elbow looks like and its unreal this all happened from a bicycle accident in Central Park.

http://cdn.u2.com/images/news/b/batoz_x.jpg

The singer suffered numerous serious injuries, including a "facial fracture involving the orbit of his eye," three separate fractures of his left shoulder blade and a fracture of his left humerus bone in his upper arm. The latter injury was particularly damaging, with the bone shattering in six different places and tearing through his skin.

Edited by g under p

Oh i'm a guy who used to rave over the beatles. I still respect them but i think i can give you at least 20 bands that trump the Beatles.

Mick

Uh-huh...

Bleh.......the name just triggers my gag reflex.

Mick

U too ? ;)

• Like 1

"Thinking mans Duran Duran". Haha!!! Nice one Detonator!

Bono better get his shit off my iPhone too or I'm giving him that throat punch!!

On paper U2 are amazing.

In practice?

Erm...nope.

The Edge is a ridiculously overrated guitarist.

Mick

Buddy, I cannot think of one.

• Like 1

Mick

Rush

The Band

Steely Dan

Genesis

Yes

Roxy Music

Queen

Pink Floyd

Zappa and the Mothers

CCR

Spock's Beard

11 right off the bat.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Mick

Rush

The Band

Steely Dan

Genesis

Yes

Roxy Music

Queen

Pink Floyd

Zappa and the Mothers

CCR

Spock's Beard

11 right off the bat.

Mick

Aww...I cannot agree with one of them.

Dude you are tired of the band coz you overplayed them, not because they are not great. And you overplayed them because the music was worth it.

Dude! You must segue!

Mick

Rush

The Band

Steely Dan

Genesis

Yes

Roxy Music

Queen

Pink Floyd

Zappa and the Mothers

CCR

Spock's Beard

11 right off the bat.

Mick

Dude you are tired of the band coz you overplayed them, not because they are not great. And you overplayed them because the music was worth it.

Dude! You must segue!

yes i overplayed them. i respect them greatly. i just no longer feel.....now that i have a wider musical landscape.......... that they are the end all be all.

Mick

Mick

Rush

The Band

Steely Dan

Genesis

Yes

Roxy Music

Queen

Pink Floyd

Zappa and the Mothers

CCR

Spock's Beard

11 right off the bat.

Mick

Dude! You must segue!

yes i overplayed them. i respect them greatly. i just no longer feel.....now that i have a wider musical landscape.......... that they are the end all be all.

Mick

Agreed. I would still pick all my LC albums over the beatles.

• Like 1

Mick

Rush

The Band

Steely Dan

Genesis

Yes

Roxy Music

Queen

Pink Floyd

Zappa and the Mothers

CCR

Spock's Beard

11 right off the bat.

Mick

Dude! You must segue!

Mick

Listen hard

http://youtu.be/T3D68KWfZOo

• Like 1

Awesome stuff.

Mick

Rush

The Band

Steely Dan

Genesis

Yes

Roxy Music

Queen

Pink Floyd

Zappa and the Mothers

CCR

Spock's Beard

11 right off the bat.

Mick

Dude! You must segue!

Mick

Listen hard

http://youtu.be/T3D68KWfZOo

Great stuff.......i'm in no way burnt out on solo stuff......i do think harrison was the best of the bunch solo wise. very underrated.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Rush

The Band

Steely Dan

Genesis

Yes

Roxy Music

Queen

Pink Floyd

Zappa and the Mothers

CCR

Spock's Beard

11 right off the bat.

Mick

Dude, you're not even trying. You can do better.

• Like 1

Tom Waits trumps anything the beatles did.

Seriously is it that hard to believe i'm just not enamored with the beatles Anymore?

Mick

Personally, I could not care less. I find the "arguments" entertaining.

By the way, I love Tom Waits, but the man has basically released the same type of album for decades. Great storyteller, great artist, but predictable. I recently was on a Captain Beefheart kick and one can tell where Tom Waits got his post-Heartattack and Vine sound.

• Like 1

Seriously is it that hard to believe i'm just not enamored with the beatles Anymore?

Mick

Personally, I could not care less. I find the "arguments" entertaining.

By the way, I love Tom Waits, but the man has basically released the same type of album for decades. Great storyteller, great artist, but predictable. I recently was on a Captain Beefheart kick and one can tell where Tom Waits got his post-Heartattack and Vine sound.

Beefheart's a fav of mine too. I love putting on trout mask Replica and having people think i've snapped, lol

Mick

Mick

No, but it's not advisable to say you can name instantly 20 bands that are better than THE BEATLES. :D

Mick

No, but it's not advisable to say you can name instantly 20 bands that are better than THE BEATLES. :D

not wise true.....but for me it's true at this point in my life ;)

Mick

Mick

"Better" is a matter of personal taste and preference, so naming 20 bands might not be that hard depending on the criteria. Now, naming 20 bands that are more influential or innovative or popular or successful would be much more difficult. IMO...

• Like 1