Not many U2 fans here I think ?

toscanobarga

Bono is an arrogant mofo, but one helluva entertainer. Love U2. Hoping they come to STL at some point on this tour. The new album is really, really good.

I agree with your points, excluding the last one.

Bono does love himself a bit too much.

I saw U2 numerous times, the last time being on the Popmart(?) tour. Great performers.

I haven't enjoyed or cared about a U2 album since Achtung Baby or Zooropa. Predictable, every album since.

Bono is an arrogant mofo, but one helluva entertainer. Love U2. Hoping they come to STL at some point on this tour. The new album is really, really good.

I saw U2 numerous times, the last time being on the Popmart(?) tour. Great performers.

I haven't enjoyed or cared about a U2 album since Achtung Baby or Zooropa. Predictable, every album since.

Pop was their last experimental album. They have been trying to chase the success of All That You Can't Leave Behind after the "failure" of the Pop era. That's why every album since ATYCLB has been "predictable".

They lost me after Achtung Baby and let me just say Bono is a c***.

Although I'm 47, I wasn't a fan of their early work. It wasn't really until The Joshua Tree that I "got" them. I love Achtung Baby. I really enjoy All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. The last two albums haven't done much for me.

• Like 1

Love this song and this particular version......

Peace

I like the album version, but I hope on this tour they play it like the Mtv Europe Awards performance. Did you happen to catch them when they were on the Tonight Show last Friday?

Pop was their last experimental album. They have been trying to chase the success of All That You Can't Leave Behind after the "failure" of the Pop era. That's why every album since ATYCLB has been "predictable".

I'm going to be a cynic - if they keep selling a bajillion concert tickets, no matter what, why try to experiment?

I'm a fan of U2, like a lot of you I also tend to stick to the earlier stuff up to about Achtung Baby, outside of a few songs here and there. I was online today checking out setlists and the set from their dress rehearsal a few days ago is posted online, and I must say it's pretty disappointing IMO. I'll post the link below but for those who don't want to be SPOILED, don't click it.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2015/pacific-coliseum-vancouver-bc-canada-7bc802f8.html

• Like 1

I'm a fan of U2, like a lot of you I also tend to stick to the earlier stuff up to about Achtung Baby, outside of a few songs here and there. I was online today checking out setlists and the set from their dress rehearsal a few days ago is posted online, and I must say it's pretty disappointing IMO. I'll post the link below but for those who don't want to be SPOILED, don't click it.

http://www.setlist.f...a-7bc802f8.html

See now, for them, I'd want to know the setlist ahead of time. Thanks for sharing because they are doing 5 shows here in Chicago and whether I spend on them at all is riding on the setlist.

• Like 1

See now, for them, I'd want to know the setlist ahead of time. Thanks for sharing because they are doing 5 shows here in Chicago and whether I spend on them at all is riding on the setlist.

No problem!!! I'm kind of glad I didn't shell out the kidney and right kneecap to go see them in Toronto this tour. Tickets were quite expensive compared to the 360 tour. I saw on Ticketmaster they were charging $300 for nosebleeds at the ACC. Too steep for me that's for sure!

• Like 2

Peace

I like the album version, but I hope on this tour they play it like the Mtv Europe Awards performance. Did you happen to catch them when they were on the Tonight Show last Friday?

Nope, I didn't know they were on it. I think the tour starts tonight in Vancouver. Oh I like that signature below on the band and Edge when he had hair.

• Like 1

Peace

Nope, I didn't know they were on it. I think the tour starts tonight in Vancouver. Oh I like that signature below on the band and Edge when he had hair.

Love the video for Discotheque and yes the POP era was the last time he was seen without a hat on (except on the Popmart tour, lol)