Our Relationships with other forums.

Pars123

I had never heard of any other sites until I got on here and people starting talking about another forum called Counterparts.

From what I've heard, the CP forum is full of assholes. Never ventured over there to check, because like others have mentioned it's much easier to stick to one.

Also, the important reason: TRF has YBG.

So because the moderation at Counterparts is very light, that means it's full of assholes? I'd heard that TRF was nothing but fawning fan boys and women that want to be lewd and lascivious with Geddy but after checking things out, I found out that's not the case (mostly). Nothing like relying on hearsay to form an opinion.

:sigh:

This is what I heard. I didn't say I agree with it. Because it'd be awfully uneducated to without actually entering the site. If I offended you, then you have my apologies. I'm not one known for wordsmithing.

• Like 3

I had never heard of any other sites until I got on here and people starting talking about another forum called Counterparts.

From what I've heard, the CP forum is full of assholes. Never ventured over there to check, because like others have mentioned it's much easier to stick to one.

So because the moderation at Counterparts is very light, that means it's full of assholes? I'd heard that TRF was nothing but fawning fan boys and women that want to be lewd and lascivious with Geddy but after checking things out, I found out that's not the case (mostly). Nothing like relying on hearsay to form an opinion.

This is what I heard. I didn't say I agree with it. Because it'd be awfully uneducated to without actually entering the site. If I offended you, then you have my apologies. I'm not one known for wordsmithing.

Didn't offend me but my last point still stands. But now that you've heard nothing but bad about CP, it would be hard to find out on your own because you've been influenced by those that think it's nothing but assholes. Don't get me wrong, there are a few of those, but so does this place.

As for wordsmithing, I gots alll my book learnin up to the community kawlege so I can whip up some prose that'll leave you wipin yer nose. (I have no idea what that means). :smoke:

• Like 2

I used to check out the scene at CP from time to time and did join; I never did post much but the few times I did, I was treated well. Years ago there was a prolonged weather-related TRF outage, lasting 3 days or so. Some TRF people started a TRF thread over on CP to try to find out the issue; most CP people were very welcoming even though some TRF people behaved less than politely concerning the Chat function there.

Rather than "cliquish", I perceived it as the kind of community where a newb has to earn their stripes to be taken seriously. E.g., someone who joins and promptly starts proclaiming themselves as experts on all things Rush, or starts 15 threads on topics that have been done to death in any gathering of Rush fans ("the sound quality on Vapor Trails is the worst ever"), they're going to rub some folks the wrong way. Same here, but I think TRF tends to be a bit quicker to forgive the sins if the sinner confesses and dials it down some.

• Like 3

Didn't offend me but my last point still stands. But now that you've heard nothing but bad about CP, it would be hard to find out on your own because you've been influenced by those that think it's nothing but assholes. Don't get me wrong, there are a few of those, but so does this place.

As for wordsmithing, I gots alll my book learnin up to the community kawlege so I can whip up some prose that'll leave you wipin yer nose. (I have no idea what that means). :smoke:

I've been wondering for month now if that's SS henchman Heinrich Himmler in your Avatar?

I've been a member of this forum since 2006 and can't imagine belonging anywhere else. I visited Counterparts a couple times over the years and each time was treated with no respect. One idiot in particular named Feverish Flux (thanks for ruining a great song!) insulted me and my mom using very course language! Only person worse that I've come across is someone named JARG but I don't think he posts there anymore.

Anyway, nothing but TRF for me! Sorry LaFellaStangiato.

:LOL:

• Like 1

Counterparts is ok for that quick Rush fix, I mostly look for news or updates just like here at TRF (did that rascally Alex get arrested again? Or where did Geddy`s baseball collection go again? There is some really good inside information at times :D)

I guess the biggest inside joke you`ll need to learn is that CPers like to create and post topics of how much they “hate” Rush, c`mon, we are all fan bois and girls (Net Boy, Net Girl everyone !!!!)

So if you`re not up for a laugh, or can`t seriously respond agreeing that Dog Years is lyrically challenged garbage, just stay out of any of the Rush related forums and you`ll be fine. ;)

Over the years, I found that CP does have a sensitive side however, Available Light is great if you`re feeling down and need to chat a bit, but it can get a bit heavy, lot`s of support sometimes too much. :sundog:

Edited by Planet X-1
  • Like 1

As a prod contrarian, I'll stick up for at least my own reputation as one of the "jerks" at CP. I love to argue. I don't mean anything personal by it, but if you talk to me, on just about any forum or in real life, I don't like just agreeing with people. Makes conversations boring.

At CP we tend to think of ourselvs as the "biker bar" of the fandom. Anything goes, have a thick skin, but be aware that everyone else has one, too, so you can feel free to cut loose. A nice side-effect of that atmosphere is that the discussions can get to some pretty candid, meaningful topics. Our politics discussions, or religion discussions, or even discussions about music can take some very interesting turns, and I've never looked at a thread at CP that's winding down and thought "that conversation went just the way it always does when this topic is brought up."

You guys are nice. But... well, nice is boring. :P

• Like 1

What about Rush Tour? are they still around? :huh:

I started out with geddylee.net, then tri-net both run by Rudy. I think it was Mike who made a post on Tri-net about his new forum TRF so i came over here and joined. shortly after the post, Rudy deleted it.

Then tri net went down. so i hung out at CP for a spell, but it's been years since i've even been on that site.

even longer for Rush Tour. THis place has been my mainstay for almost 10 years! :)

• Like 2

As a prod contrarian, I'll stick up for at least my own reputation as one of the "jerks" at CP. I love to argue. I don't mean anything personal by it, but if you talk to me, on just about any forum or in real life, I don't like just agreeing with people. Makes conversations boring.

At CP we tend to think of ourselvs as the "biker bar" of the fandom. Anything goes, have a thick skin, but be aware that everyone else has one, too, so you can feel free to cut loose. A nice side-effect of that atmosphere is that the discussions can get to some pretty candid, meaningful topics. Our politics discussions, or religion discussions, or even discussions about music can take some very interesting turns, and I've never looked at a thread at CP that's winding down and thought "that conversation went just the way it always does when this topic is brought up."

Well, if you were right once in awhile, you`d be worth putting up with. But at least you like Rush, and some other bands with recognizable names, as opposed to those trolling, droll BritainLanders.

oh yeah...

ourselvs

ourselvs

ourselvs

Well, if you were right once in awhile, you`d be worth putting up with. But at least you like Rush, and some other bands with recognizable names, as opposed to those trolling, droll BritainLanders.

oh yeah...

ourselvs

ourselvs

ourselvs

Hey, we like Rush. Just not anything released after 1981 :D

• Like 1

oh yeah...

ourselvs

ourselvs

ourselvs

I thought it was 1974? Geeze, I can`t keep you guys straight.....

edit: Bam da nu page (ok, no "bam" emoticon, but this thing looks cool)

:blaze:

Edited by Planet X-1

Tis

Why on earth are you seemingly promoting a nazi?

Good question. I know it's off topic, but I'm very curious if we get an answer.

oh yeah...

ourselvs

ourselvs

ourselvs

Not even Nick is that hardcore. Now 1975. ...

• Like 1

oh yeah...

ourselvs

ourselvs

ourselvs

Not even Nick is that hardcore. Now 1975. ...

Only person worse that I've come across is someone named JARG but I don't think he posts there anymore.

There's a guy on this forum who goes by the name "JARG". I guess he moved here.

Yes, I got tired of being attacked all the time. CP is full of bullies.

• Like 1

I've been a member of this forum for only about two and a half years (with a couple of months-long stretches of inactivity within that period of time), and I don't post all that often. I've never been a member of another Rush forum, but I don't feel a need to, either. The overall vibe of The Rush Forum is very respectful, which is much appreciated. Of course there are exceptions to that, but they are few and far between.

In short, I guess I can just say that I've found everything I could ever want here.

• Like 1

Only person worse that I've come across is someone named JARG but I don't think he posts there anymore.

man up will ya? - you just need thicker skin like that 2220020 guy...

man up will ya? - you just need thicker skin like that 2220020 guy...

He's the worst of the bunch...he more than anyone is the reason I bailed.

• Like 1

Well, we have lasted here for 10 years. I was wondering, how many Rush Forums have come and gone over the years? The other forum I'm aware of is The Counterparts Forum and from what I've seen is that they have hard feeling against us.

This is from last year when the board was down for a day.

"Buy it! That would be hilarious, but we'd have to deal with the Mickey Mouse Club of Rush forum people coming here..."

"What if some of them complain?"

"f**k 'em. This ain't their board..."

I don't see them in any posts around here. What's your opinion on them? Anyone here from both forums?

Remember the words of Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

I think I joined both this forum and Counterparts Forum simultaneously...but I ended up siding with this forum because cause whoever was running CP Forum at the time took their sweet ass time giving the OK to my account, whereas this place, I was able to sign up and post away almost immediately. Also, I like the vibe of the people here and enjoy interacting on here (didn't like what I saw on CP Forum tbh), and the layout here is easier on my eyes.

Too used to getting stuff on the internet done in .3 secnds? I bet you're a pretty angry person, then.

"Buy it! That would be hilarious, but we'd have to deal with the Mickey Mouse Club of Rush forum people coming here..."

Actually, that could be viewed as a legitimate criticism of the blinkered contempt that the rampant fanboy section on here display towards the wider community, even if it is couched in less than generous terms.

Indubitably.

The CP thing is kind of a joke. Originally, counterparts was much busier and was a much rowdier place. It also was very cliquish. After the big crash it seemed a lot slower. Hell, I had to reregister since my original profile was lost. What you really want to hear about is tri-net. I was there for a while. The admin was a guy named Rudy who moderated it with the style and enthusiasm of hitler. If you criticized him, rush, or just pissed him off you were banned. If you asked where a banned member went you were banned. A lot of former tri-net people ended up here. That board imploded for obvious reasons. Fortunately I was turned on to this place by a member named music in the abstract who posts more over at CP.

Mita is still around, and Roody was 'The New Hitler' in terms of RUSH Message board Admin. Counterparts, (known as 'The Biker Bar of RUSH message boards') has always been a place of freedom of speech and 99.9% toleration of opinions about almost everything. I'm comfortable there, and when I find something I disagree with, I IGNORE IT. However, some of the people here don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

The CP thing is kind of a joke. Originally, counterparts was much busier and was a much rowdier place. It also was very cliquish. After the big crash it seemed a lot slower. Hell, I had to reregister since my original profile was lost. What you really want to hear about is tri-net. I was there for a while. The admin was a guy named Rudy who moderated it with the style and enthusiasm of hitler. If you criticized him, rush, or just pissed him off you were banned. If you asked where a banned member went you were banned. A lot of former tri-net people ended up here. That board imploded for obvious reasons. Fortunately I was turned on to this place by a member named music in the abstract who posts more over at CP.

Rudy of Tri-Net was a paranoid megalomaniac, and if memory serves, he even suffered legal consequences due to his pathological behavior regarding Rush, the band, and their promoters/managers/record label.

Some former cohorts of Rudy broke away to form Counterparts. They, in turn, acted like dysfunctional children in running their site. They devoted much of their time and bandwidth to perpetuating their feud with Rudy. Their site was, not surprisingly, the opposite of the oppressive Tri-Net in that they held an "anything goes" moderation philosophy. In short, conflict was GOOD. They enjoyed and even contributed to any and all arguments - in-house as well as outside. Counterparts was/is the Jerry Springer Show; no class, trashy, and an embarrassment to all Rush fan organizations everywhere.

Those sites are irrelevent. All that matters is THE RUSH FORUM - a truly outstanding website with awesome administrators. :haz: :haz: :haz:

Counterparts RUSH message board is at least as relevant as this site or any other. Sorry to disenfranchise those of you here, but we love our board as much as you love this one. I used to come here when I needed a RUSH board (if CP was down for whatever reason) and it used to be a place to go for CP news for the same reason. I have nothing against this board, only some of the closed-minded people here that follow the need to 'HATE' something they really know nothing about. Please. Can't you see that is why the world is the way it is today? Give Patience and Understanding a try, K?

You've HEARD??? Don't do what others tell you to. Find out for yourself! My guess is you'll find it different, but you may find stuff you like, also. I've been there since the beginning week, in Feb. of 2000, through the 'Board Wars' with Roody Toody and all the Hosting company shenanigans, and it's still alive and well. Come and check it out for yourself and see. :codger:

Sorry that some of you have had negative experiences, or heard negative things about CP. Through the years I've been a member, a moderator and an admin over there, and any negative comments about TRF that you may have come across at our forum are from a few vocal individuals, and don't represent a forum wide attitude about TRF by our membership or administration.

I know that Julie and Ken, the founders of Counterparts, have always had a friendly, cooperative arrangement with the folks that run your site here, and have never said anything but positive things about TRF, it's admins, and membership in general. All of us have formed friendships outside of the board world in "real life" with TRF members, and any perception of ill-will is greatly exaggerated.

Yeah, we've got some pretty interesting characters over there, but once the shock of the "Free Speech Zone" policy of the site wears off a little, it's pretty entertaining. I hope you give us another shot sometime!

~ Casey

• Like 1

Well, we have lasted here for 10 years. I was wondering, how many Rush Forums have come and gone over the years? The other forum I'm aware of is The Counterparts Forum and from what I've seen is that they have hard feeling against us.

This is from last year when the board was down for a day.

"What if some of them complain?"

"f**k 'em. This ain't their board..."

I don't see them in any posts around here. What's your opinion on them? Anyone here from both forums?

Remember the words of Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along?"

I think I joined both this forum and Counterparts Forum simultaneously...but I ended up siding with this forum because cause whoever was running CP Forum at the time took their sweet ass time giving the OK to my account, whereas this place, I was able to sign up and post away almost immediately. Also, I like the vibe of the people here and enjoy interacting on here (didn't like what I saw on CP Forum tbh), and the layout here is easier on my eyes.

Too used to getting stuff on the internet done in .3 secnds? I bet you're a pretty angry person, then.

Actually, that could be viewed as a legitimate criticism of the blinkered contempt that the rampant fanboy section on here display towards the wider community, even if it is couched in less than generous terms.

Indubitably.

Mita is still around, and Roody was 'The New Hitler' in terms of RUSH Message board Admin. Counterparts, (known as 'The Biker Bar of RUSH message boards') has always been a place of freedom of speech and 99.9% toleration of opinions about almost everything. I'm comfortable there, and when I find something I disagree with, I IGNORE IT. However, some of the people here don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Rudy of Tri-Net was a paranoid megalomaniac, and if memory serves, he even suffered legal consequences due to his pathological behavior regarding Rush, the band, and their promoters/managers/record label.

Some former cohorts of Rudy broke away to form Counterparts. They, in turn, acted like dysfunctional children in running their site. They devoted much of their time and bandwidth to perpetuating their feud with Rudy. Their site was, not surprisingly, the opposite of the oppressive Tri-Net in that they held an "anything goes" moderation philosophy. In short, conflict was GOOD. They enjoyed and even contributed to any and all arguments - in-house as well as outside. Counterparts was/is the Jerry Springer Show; no class, trashy, and an embarrassment to all Rush fan organizations everywhere.

Those sites are irrelevent. All that matters is THE RUSH FORUM - a truly outstanding website with awesome administrators. :haz: :haz: :haz:

Counterparts RUSH message board is at least as relevant as this site or any other. Sorry to disenfranchise those of you here, but we love our board as much as you love this one. I used to come here when I needed a RUSH board (if CP was down for whatever reason) and it used to be a place to go for CP news for the same reason. I have nothing against this board, only some of the closed-minded people here that follow the need to 'HATE' something they really know nothing about. Please. Can't you see that is why the world is the way it is today? Give Patience and Understanding a try, K?

You've HEARD??? Don't do what others tell you to. Find out for yourself! My guess is you'll find it different, but you may find stuff you like, also. I've been there since the beginning week, in Feb. of 2000, through the 'Board Wars' with Roody Toody and all the Hosting company shenanigans, and it's still alive and well. Come and check it out for yourself and see. :codger:

Sorry that some of you have had negative experiences, or heard negative things about CP. Through the years I've been a member, a moderator and an admin over there, and any negative comments about TRF that you may have come across at our forum are from a few vocal individuals, and don't represent a forum wide attitude about TRF by our membership or administration.

I know that Julie and Ken, the founders of Counterparts, have always had a friendly, cooperative arrangement with the folks that run your site here, and have never said anything but positive things about TRF, it's admins, and membership in general. All of us have formed friendships outside of the board world in "real life" with TRF members, and any perception of ill-will is greatly exaggerated.

Yeah, we've got some pretty interesting characters over there, but once the shock of the "Free Speech Zone" policy of the site wears off a little, it's pretty entertaining. I hope you give us another shot sometime!

~ Casey

Confirmed: CP is full of assholes!

• Like 1