Worst Moment on a Rush Album

savagegrace26

Worst Moment on a Rush Album  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst moment ever recorded on a Rush album?

• I need...I need some LOVE!
    • Hey baby it's a quarter to eight!
    • Take yourself a friend!
    • Lying in the warm grass feel the sun upon your...
    • I think...I think I'm going bald..
    • As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky the three travelers men of Willowdale emerge from the forest shadow...etc
    • Look up to see a giant boy...you've just become his brand new toy
    • In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious invisible force: the black hole of Cygnus X-1
    • Seems to me it's chemistry
    • 1001001 S.O.S.
    • I see red...
    • When China sang to me...
    • Boys and girls together...
    • Superconductor...superconductor...
    • There's a snake coming out of the darkness...
    • Jack...relax...Get busy with the facts...
    • Face Up...
    • All the crap we had to take
    • It's just Exotica...Neurotica
    • You bet your life!
    • Stick It Out!
    • I knew he was different in his sexuality
    • We'd elect each other president!
    • At the speed of love!
    • So tight!
    • Tough-talking hood boys in pro-team logo knock-offs
    • Half the world lies Half the world learns Half the world flies As half the world turns
    • When all the bones are buried there is barely time to go outside and play
    • Dog years...for every sad son of a bitch
    • Dog years...with his tail between his ears
    • Net boy...net girl...send your signal 'round the world
    • Limbo
    • And the stars look down...
    • wooahhh...woooahhh...If we're so much the same like I always hear...
    • Where is the wave that will carry me...a little closer to you?...where is the wave that will carry me
    • I like that song about this wonderful world It's got a sunny point of view and sometimes I feel it's true..
    • All that you can do is wish them well...
    • Other (explain)

why is there nothing from Hold Your Fire? Tai Shan is probably their worst moment.

There is. "When China sang to me"........ :)

damn I didn't see it! oh well, I chose a line from Dog Years, that's pretty bad too.

You can't go wrong either way. I went with net boy, net girl..... :facepalm:

I think someone should try to make an edit of Virtuality that omits the chorus. Then again, who's got that kind of time?

• Like 1

why is there nothing from Hold Your Fire? Tai Shan is probably their worst moment.

damn I didn't see it! oh well, I chose a line from Dog Years, that's pretty bad too.

I think someone should try to make an edit of Virtuality that omits the chorus. Then again, who's got that kind of time?

I could do that. The question is, should I include the other two verses, and should I include the bridge section ("Let's dance tonight...")?

As did I. It's one of their few songs that I hate.

I voted for "Jack, relax..."

However, if I could vote for more than one, I'd add "Net boy, net girl...", "China sang to me", Superconductor, Dog Years and Neurotica because they're equally the absolute worst moment on a Rush album IMO...in fact taking all of those moments and dropping them into Audacity and make it into one clusterf**k of a track would suffice as the worst Rush song period.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I could do that. The question is, should I include the other two verses, and should I include the bridge section ("Let's dance tonight...")?

I think . . . just that cool riff, over and over again. Actually, it's probably easier to just listen to the first ten seconds and skip the next song album decade.

(Actually, the next album was in the next decade, wasn't it?)

Edited by toymaker

How has NO ONE mentioned the horrible "Kid Gloves"??!?!?!??

Look...I have absolutely NOTHING against gay people. Absolutely nothing. But, "Kid Gloves" is the first Rush song that SOUNDED "gay." And don't ask me what I mean by that...I mean just what I posted. Just absolutely no testosterone in those stupid, stupid lyrics and Geddy's delivery sounds like "Monroe" from "Too Close for Comfort" or "Ross the Intern." I CRINGE when I hear it. Hell, Right Said Fred didn't sound as gay as "Kid Gloves." And when Geddy says, "Soooooo coooooooool" I could throw a saucer of cat vomit in his face.

Again, if you're a dude and you like manass, that is totally your right and I'm completely supportive. I'm not bashing. But, I'm just calling it how I hear it. And I hear "Kid Gloves" being played when some dude's gettin' his latex ready.

"Handle with kid gloves

Handle with kid gloves

Then you learn the weapons

And the ways of hard knock school

Put on your kid gloves

Put on your kid gloves

Then you learn the lesson

That it's tough to be so cool

Soooooo coooooooool"

http://carnalcarnival.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/barf-cat.jpg?w=298&h=300

• Like 1

I voted Other for a moment that just about ruins an otherwise quite good song: those #$&(&$@%^((*$# synth drum hits at the end of Force 10 :rage: It's like having just about finished eating a nice crunchy apple and getting a worm in the last bite :blink: Instead of savoring the experience of the apple, all you remember is the worm :banghead: Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

Other

The Big Wheel chorus "Looking for Luuuuuurve" http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sick029.gif

• Like 1

I'm the one vote for Rivendell so far. Hmmm.

I have to admit though that "Jack......relax. Get busy with the facts" looks pretty awful among many other awful choices. Don't know the song thankfully. Guess I never got that far. Roll the Bones?

BOYS AND GURRRRRLS TOGETHA!

Horrible song off a horrible album.

Also would've voted for Half The World, China sang to me, and what Your_Lion said earlier. "LOOKING FOR LURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRV"

• Like 1

BOYS AND GURRRRRLS TOGETHA!

Horrible song off a horrible album.

Also would've voted for Half The World, China sang to me, and what Your_Lion said earlier. "LOOKING FOR LURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRV"

Forgot about the last one (still think "superconductor... superconductor..." is worse though). It should definitely be in the poll...

"Jack......relax. Get busy with the facts"

Shut. up.

I love that album but.......no

Mick

My thoughts, exactly. Take that wannabe hip hop out of that song and it's a perfectly enjoyable. With it... it's like watching a Ben Stiller movie.... you just cringe the whole time. And like Ben Stiller, the band was trying to be funny... and it was funny, but in a disturbing way and, again like Ben Stiller, people were laughing at the band, not with the band. :(

Obviously, this was my vote, as well.

I think that rap was better than most of the sh** they call rap today! I like the rap... I don't get why no one likes it!

• Like 2

I'm the one vote for Rivendell so far. Hmmm.

I have to admit though that "Jack......relax. Get busy with the facts" looks pretty awful among many other awful choices. Don't know the song thankfully. Guess I never got that far. Roll the Bones?

Yes, Roll the Bones, I don't think it's bad. How far did you get?

Look...I have absolutely NOTHING against gay people. Absolutely nothing. But, "Kid Gloves" is the first Rush song that SOUNDED "gay."

So, if it sounds gay, what exactly does gay sound like? Does it sound like two adult men having consensual sex? Because that's what gay means.

Edited by x1yyz

Look...I have absolutely NOTHING against gay people. Absolutely nothing. But, "Kid Gloves" is the first Rush song that SOUNDED "gay."

So, if it sounds gay, what exactly does gay sound like? Does it sound like two adult men having consensual sex? Because that's what gay means.

Or women... :drool:

• Like 2