Worst Moment on a Rush Album

savagegrace26

Worst Moment on a Rush Album  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst moment ever recorded on a Rush album?

• I need...I need some LOVE!
    • Hey baby it's a quarter to eight!
    • Take yourself a friend!
    • Lying in the warm grass feel the sun upon your...
    • I think...I think I'm going bald..
    • As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky the three travelers men of Willowdale emerge from the forest shadow...etc
    • Look up to see a giant boy...you've just become his brand new toy
    • In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious invisible force: the black hole of Cygnus X-1
    • Seems to me it's chemistry
    • 1001001 S.O.S.
    • I see red...
    • When China sang to me...
    • Boys and girls together...
    • Superconductor...superconductor...
    • There's a snake coming out of the darkness...
    • Jack...relax...Get busy with the facts...
    • Face Up...
    • All the crap we had to take
    • It's just Exotica...Neurotica
    • You bet your life!
    • Stick It Out!
    • I knew he was different in his sexuality
    • We'd elect each other president!
    • At the speed of love!
    • So tight!
    • Tough-talking hood boys in pro-team logo knock-offs
    • Half the world lies Half the world learns Half the world flies As half the world turns
    • When all the bones are buried there is barely time to go outside and play
    • Dog years...for every sad son of a bitch
    • Dog years...with his tail between his ears
    • Net boy...net girl...send your signal 'round the world
    • Limbo
    • And the stars look down...
    • wooahhh...woooahhh...If we're so much the same like I always hear...
    • Where is the wave that will carry me...a little closer to you?...where is the wave that will carry me
    • I like that song about this wonderful world It's got a sunny point of view and sometimes I feel it's true..
    • All that you can do is wish them well...
    • Other (explain)

Sometimes I wonder how Rush made it this far after I read threads like this and a few others here because I get the impression that they have done little right in forty years. :cheers: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Even 100 bad "moments" in 40 years leaves a hell of a lot of quality moments and a lot of "these guys are GODS" moments. Their fearless "swing for the fence" mentality and risking failure is what made them what they are.

• Like 5

Sometimes I wonder how Rush made it this far after I read threads like this and a few others here because I get the impression that they have done little right in forty years. :cheers: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

They did mostly everything right in the first ten or 15 years, then other more unfortunate influences (and technology) crept in. But apart from a couple of things that I think were experiments that didn't work, I have massive fondness for quite a few things on here that people don't like - including Chemistry, Kid Gloves, and a bunch of other tunes. It does bum me out a bit when a song that has such great potential is killed when the pop idioms take over.

• Like 1

They did mostly everything right in the first ten or 15 years, then other more unfortunate influences (and technology) crept in. But apart from a couple of things that I think were experiments that didn't work, I have massive fondness for quite a few things on here that people don't like - including Chemistry, Kid Gloves, and a bunch of other tunes. It does bum me out a bit when a song that has such great potential is killed when the pop idioms take over.

I know what you mean, and I have wondered whose idea it was that made Geddy do some things on a song that seemed to be beneath them to do or unnecessary to the song. On the other hand, I have often listened to a song and thought that if they had only extended a certain musical chorus one more time, it would have made the song better.

"Chemistry" is fine; reminds me of school. "Kid Gloves" on the other hand reminds me of that weird effeminate science teacher who always spent too much time with kids named "Bart" after class "tutoring" them.

And one more thing on the List of Things SpaghettiLee is wrong about...

• Like 2

"Chemistry" is fine; reminds me of school. "Kid Gloves" on the other hand reminds me of that weird effeminate science teacher who always spent too much time with kids named "Bart" after class "tutoring" them.

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/the-only-thing-shorter-than-that-list-would-be-your-penis-6eee0.png

• Like 1

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/the-only-thing-shorter-than-that-list-would-be-your-penis-6eee0.png

And... Another.

• Like 1

And... Another.

This list is getting longer than the lovers of The Speed Of Love list..... :)
  • Like 4

I know what you mean, and I have wondered whose idea it was that made Geddy do some things on a song that seemed to be beneath them to do or unnecessary to the song. On the other hand, I have often listened to a song and thought that if they had only extended a certain musical chorus one more time, it would have made the song better.

Like maybe The Weapon - another chorus, followed by another solo?

No band escapes me unscathed......BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Sorry to many M&M'S

Mick

And... Another.

This list is getting longer than the lovers of The Speed Of Love list..... :)

21 pages of hate so far. We love it! :wub:

Just the opposite for me. :LOL:

Even 100 bad "moments" in 40 years leaves a hell of a lot of quality moments and a lot of "these guys are GODS" moments. Their fearless "swing for the fence" mentality and risking failure is what made them what they are.

:goodone:

Damn right!!

That Attitude is what got them over the hump. After the COS album/tour. They were ready to pack it in. And look at these kicka** musicians now! :haz: :7up: :rush:

• Like 5

How has NO ONE mentioned the horrible "Kid Gloves"??!?!?!??

Look...I have absolutely NOTHING against gay people. Absolutely nothing. But, "Kid Gloves" is the first Rush song that SOUNDED "gay."

So, if it sounds gay, what exactly does gay sound like? Does it sound like two adult men having consensual sex? Because that's what gay means.

The original meaning was just to be "happy".. There's also a third meaning.. As Spaghetti put it.. "Lacking testosterone".

Example:

"Justin Beiber is gay" could mean that he has sex with other guys or just that he's happy..

"Justin Beiber sounds gay" could only mean one thing.. ;)

"ENDLESSLY ROCKANG"

:LMAO: I forgot about that awful song!

I like Vapor Trails, but holy hell Out Of The Cradle makes me cringe...

I've warmed up to The Stars Look Down (another one on this list). It's got a nice bass/guitar groove to it.

Excuse me while I go listen to Nocturne :haz:

• Like 1

No offnice to anybody, BUT "I Think I'm Going Bald" is the worst song EVER!!!!! As much as i love Rush, i just don't like this song

Other

The Big Wheel chorus "Looking for Luuuuuurve" http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sick029.gif

There are two things I hate about this line...

1. It sounds like Cher.

2. I love it because it sounds like Cher.

The Big Wheel is one if my Rush guilty pleasures.