Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

As awesome as that album cover (and album!) is, I think "Hold Your Bones" asks for something more...controversial :LOL:

http://assets.fender.com/shared/artists/fender/6/08ad32adb129cc12c20f4b809e5a9258-gallery-scaled.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, this guy is gettin' ignored.

Ignore away, Mr. BowelSh*tty. Ignore away.

:)

How about you stop posting like a fifth grader? It would be in your best interest to do so. You're not as clever as you think you are, and you add very little if anything to this board, so I'm guessing few people would miss you.

• Like 8

BTW. Thanks for starting the thread BC and "pushing" me in a good way in a different direction. I have already learned something and hopefully will discover a few more things. You are a good man Charlie Brown..... :cheers: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

It's actually quite timely, because I've already given my critique of "Pissto," "Dull That Drones," "Cunterfarts," and "Incest Whore Gecko." The next album, "Vapor Trails" totally redeemed the band...not because it was GREAT, but because it was simply LISTENABLE with some GREAT actual SONGS on it that don't bore you to death!!! And Geddy's actually singing MELODIES again! Gone are the staccato talking-style and mid-range out-of-place vocals that have no hum-able melodies whatsoever (although that would return horribly with the shoe-horned "Poopchutes and Bladders").

It's hard to say much bad about "Vapor Trails" besides the beat-to-death production problems (and the remaster which took away ALL the balls), somewhat lack of variety, and stunning lack of guitar solos and virtuosity. But, alarmingly, what makes it all the MORE incredible is that "Ceiling Unlimited," "Ghost Rider," "Peaceable Kingdom," "Earthshine," "Secret Touch," "Nocturne," and "Freeze" are ALL absolutely GREAT songs!!!

"One Little Victory" is pretty good as is "The Stars Look Down." "Out of the Cradle" is OK too.

"How It Is" and "Vapor Trail" are pretty bad. Only "Sweet Miracle" sucks moose scrote, however.

With the 4 pretty much suckfests that preceeded it, "Vapor Trails" was an AMAZING return to form, even with ALL its faults.

Edited by Spaghetti Lee

I for one find this spaghetti character quite humorous.. Does he hit it out of the park every time? No.. But he's quite refreshing

It just seems to me that calling something shit is just calling something shit, no matter how fancy, funny, or grotesque you make it sound. I wouldn't mind a bit more of a rationale sometimes. But it's fine. Just move on to the next post that suits you, I guess.

edit: I can't believe how many new posts there were in the time it took me to type the above!

Edited by toymaker

BTW. Thanks for starting the thread BC and "pushing" me in a good way in a different direction. I have already learned something and hopefully will discover a few more things. You are a good man Charlie Brown..... :cheers:

Because of this thread I am currently listening to Presto. I think the two times I tried listening to it previously I heard it immediately after HYF, so maybe that colored my opinion.

Now I feel Presto, um, isn't as completely bad as I originally thought. :| It's not really the sort of music I like; it's a bit bland and it's lacking cojones, a little too easy-listening for me. I wouldn't find it offensive if it were on in the background, but I still don't think I'd listen to it on purpose.

Let me give the others a spin as well.

• Like 1

BTW. Thanks for starting the thread BC and "pushing" me in a good way in a different direction. I have already learned something and hopefully will discover a few more things. You are a good man Charlie Brown..... :cheers:

No problem. People give you shit for not "opening your mind" to music after 1985 but you went out of your way to at least try it, and you found something you liked (Presto)! Perhaps there will be another person here who likes Counterparts.

I'm sorry you had to listen to side 2 of Roll The Bones :LOL: nobody deserves that kind of torture.

• Like 3

Just wait until you get to T4E. On one hand, you might end up scarred for life by the last 10 tracks. On the other hand, you may be inspired to build a giant wooden boat like one of our other posters- who knows?

Just wait until you get to T4E. On one hand, you might end up scarred for life by the last 10 tracks. On the other hand, you may be inspired to build a giant wooden boat like one of our other posters- who knows?

Your sig has a PRESTO quote and a HYF pic. Hmmm...

Narp you should change your name again.

Make it Narpwal. Because narwhals are awesome and we know how much you love the duck farty sound of the Wal.

Narpwhal, that's great! I have this toy, speaking of narwhals: http://donstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/impaling-tusk-playset1.jpg

(drat, image doesn't seem to be showing)

Edited by x1yyz

It's actually quite timely, because I've already given my critique of "Pissto," "Dull That Drones," "Cunterfarts," and "Incest Whore Gecko." The next album, "Vapor Trails" totally redeemed the band...not because it was GREAT, but because it was simply LISTENABLE with some GREAT actual SONGS on it that don't bore you to death!!! And Geddy's actually singing MELODIES again! Gone are the staccato talking-style and mid-range out-of-place vocals that have no hum-able melodies whatsoever (although that would return horribly with the shoe-horned "Poopchutes and Bladders").

It's hard to say much bad about "Vapor Trails" besides the beat-to-death production problems (and the remaster which took away ALL the balls), somewhat lack of variety, and stunning lack of guitar solos and virtuosity. But, alarmingly, what makes it all the MORE incredible is that "Ceiling Unlimited," "Ghost Rider," "Peaceable Kingdom," "Earthshine," "Secret Touch," "Nocturne," and "Freeze" are ALL absolutely GREAT songs!!!

"One Little Victory" is pretty good as is "The Stars Look Down." "Out of the Cradle" is OK too.

"How It Is" and "Vapor Trail" are pretty bad. Only "Sweet Miracle" sucks moose scrote, however.

With the 4 pretty much suckfests that preceeded it, "Vapor Trails" was an AMAZING return to form, even with ALL its faults.

For you, that's actually a pretty good post. Except for the first sentence. The first sentence kills it. I did ask you to stop posting like a fifth grader...

ROCHESTER, MI—Hip-hop artist Marshall Mathers, a.k.a. Eminem, said he was left wholly terrified today after meeting his daughter Hailie’s new boyfriend Justin Denham, an 18-year-old who was reportedly raised on the rapper’s music.

Saying he could barely fathom the thought of Hailie, 17, with a man who ever enjoyed listening to, or was inspired by, his often misogynistic and violent lyrics, Eminem, 40, claimed he was disturbed from the second Denham said he was “a huge fan” of all of the rapper’s seven albums.

“Justin said I was his favorite artist when he was growing up, and now he wants to go out with my little girl,” said Eminem, telling reporters he didn’t even want to imagine what Denham’s views on relationships could possibly entail given his self-professed love of albums that include songs about mutilating women. “Honestly, I don’t really know what I’m supposed to do here. How am I supposed to let Hailie go out with a guy who says I was a huge influence on him and all of his friends?”

“I mean, this guy’s probably listened to my song ‘Kim,’” Eminem continued. “I rapped about cutting my wife’s throat and then driving around with her in my trunk in that song. Jesus.”

Citing lyrics where he discussed raping a woman with an umbrella to “make her pussy wider,” the visibly shaken multi-platinum artist said he can’t imagine sitting by while his oldest daughter spends time alone with a man whose worldview could have been even slightly influenced by any of his songs.

Eminem added that while Hailie has repeatedly claimed Justin is a “good guy who treats her well,” he seriously doubts anyone who likes the song “Kill You,” where he brutally describes killing a woman and hiding her in a closet, could ever be a decent person.

“His favorite song is ‘Superman’—a track where I said I was going to put anthrax on a girl’s tampon and slap her until she can’t stand,” said Eminem, adding he could only imagine the types of drugs and alcohol songs like “Purple Pills” and “Crack A Bottle” had led him to do. “He better not think he can get away with all this stuff with Hailie. Or maybe he does. I mean, this is a guy who was listening to me rap about beating women ever since he was just a kid.”

“And his parents let him listen to it?” Eminem continued. “What kind of house was that? I don’t even want to think about what kind of people they are.”

Eminem went on to say he was even further dismayed when Denham said he also grew up listening to artists such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and Ludacris, and told reporters he could only imagine the sorts of relationship lessons he pulled out of music like “Bitches Ain’t Shit” and “Move Bitch.”

“At this point, I suppose it would be ideal for Hailie to date someone who never listened to any one of my songs, ever,” said Eminem. “Why can’t she find someone who listened to music that wasn’t about having sex with prostitutes and then painting a room red with their blood?”

“Jesus,” Eminem added, “I have to go find my daughter right now.”

http://www.theonion....-man-rai,32989/

Of course you would love this.. You're one of those f*cked up Christians who believe women are beneath you ..your wife was in the kitchen cooking your meatloaf while you were being all f*ckin INTELECTUAL ON THE RUSH FORUM!!!!

This post was as accurate as your previous conjecture. Which means that you are again completely wrong.

Here's my shocked face.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CT5S-LpedqI/T6_jNDWngeI/AAAAAAAAAQE/4_3TAUAqFWQ/s400/3.jpg

P.S. No, that's not really my picture either.

The last word in this discussion is yours. Use it wisely. I know you will.

You're a f*ckin pompous ass who gives Rush fans a bad name with your cliche Rand Paul fandom

And nerdy intellectual holier than though bullshit.

f**k off and good night!

Oh.. And god bless you

What's your deal, doood? Here I am telling Spaghetti that he's posting like a child and here you are throwing personal attacks around and referencing SOCN content. Grow up.

• Like 7

Anyway, back on track. Are you on to CP yet Narp?

I was wondering this!

I may listen later today if I get some alone time. If not it will be tomorrow. I have a feeling from what I've heard I may enjoy it but we will see. Presto really did surprise me I will readily admit.... :)

Narp you should change your name again.

Make it Narpwal. Because narwhals are awesome and we know how much you love the duck farty sound of the Wal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

They frown upon on name changes around here and can understand why. I do however enjoy the goofy names in the posts. Keep up the good work folks.....

I may listen later today if I get some alone time. If not it will be tomorrow. I have a feeling from what I've heard I may enjoy it but we will see. Presto really did surprise me I will readily admit.... :)

CP is more of your taste as far as Rush Goes. Not sure what songs you may like but it is a lot heavier than Presto or HYF. :D

Narptastic, is Clockwork Angels on your list of things to listen to? I know you've heard the album before, but it might be nice to hear it again in chronological context.

Narptastic, is Clockwork Angels on your list of things to listen to? I know you've heard the album before, but it might be nice to hear it again in chronological context.

I probably will but I have heard it many times but it has been a while. It wouldn't hurt to give it a whirl and see what happens. It will also serve to drag this thread out for those who are interested and find some entertainment value in it and also for those that aren't and want to take random shots. There is a place for all of us here..... :)
  • Like 5

So far so good. Animate is good of course. Stick It Out seems good. This is the type of sound I typically like. Heavy....
  • Like 4