Narp, how goes the delve into the later career?

The Analog Cub

What did you think of Red Tide? I think it's criminally underrated and has this urgent intensity to it. And Geddy's vocal performance adds to it. And the title track is one of my favorite tracks of all time...love the feel of it.
  • Like 2

What did you think of Red Tide? I think it's criminally underrated and has this urgent intensity to it. And Geddy's vocal performance adds to it. And the title track is one of my favorite tracks of all time...love the feel of it.

Listening to Red Tide again right now. Very catchy. The title track is very good too. I feel like a 16 year old again truth be told. The bass tone and the catchy grooves are what stand out to me....
  • Like 2

Listening to Red Tide again right now. Very catchy. The title track is very good too. I feel like a 16 year old again truth be told. The bass tone and the catchy grooves are what stand out to me....

Well you probably wouldn't appreciated it when you were 16. It's a "mature" record for "mature" minds...

Well, tomorrow is RTB... :sigh: At least it has Dreamline and Where's My Thing?...

I didn't really think anything bad about Roll the Bones until I started coming to interent forums and saw people slamming it. While I rarely listen to it at all anymore much of it is very catchy and enjoyable.

• Like 1

Well, tomorrow is RTB... :sigh: At least it has Dreamline and Where's My Thing?...

I didn't really think anything bad about Roll the Bones until I started coming to interent forums and saw people slamming it. While I rarely listen to it at all anymore much of it is very catchy and enjoyable.

It has Ghost Of A Chance on it too.

• Like 1

List of reasons why this isn't true:

•Face Up

•The Big Wheel

•Neurotica

•Heresy

•You Bet Your Life

Dishonorable mention to Bravado and TT. Overall, I'd estimate 3 strong songs and a bunch of mediocre/shit songs... That's not exactly enjoyable.

FYI. Scars is a really cool song...... :huh:

They used parts of it in the Rio documentary, remember?

Yes. I think you are going to wrong about me on this one unless it goes down hill real fast. So far it sounds good. The sound, bass and mix are far superior to HYF. I'm not sure Power Windows sounds as good as this one.... :huh: :ph34r:

:o I did not expect you to like this at all.

He likes guitar, ergo he's liking Presto. Especially after suffering through Hold Your Fire's onslaught of keyboards. I remember Presto feeling like a real rocker when it came out, only because of the contrast between it and HYF.
  • Like 2

Narps, i don't understand how you like Presto and not HYF. Both have that eighties sound (at least to me they do). And if you want to talk "disco-y" songs, Scars is the most disco-y song they did.

You mean The Weapon...

• Like 2

List of reasons why this isn't true:

•Face Up

•The Big Wheel

•Neurotica

•Heresy

•You Bet Your Life

Dishonorable mention to Bravado and TT. Overall, I'd estimate 3 strong songs and a bunch of mediocre/shit songs... That's not exactly enjoyable.

I've always liked The Big Wheel and Heresy. Actually I might love The Big Wheel. The other three are somewhat weak but not horrible.

Bravado is great but pales in comparison to the extended live version. Roll the Bones is fine. It doesn't deserve the reputation it's earned.

So 7 good to great songs and 3 so so ones...

Edited by savagegrace26

FYI. Scars is a really cool song...... :huh:

They used parts of it in the Rio documentary, remember?

Yes. I think you are going to wrong about me on this one unless it goes down hill real fast. So far it sounds good. The sound, bass and mix are far superior to HYF. I'm not sure Power Windows sounds as good as this one.... :huh: :ph34r:

:o I did not expect you to like this at all.

He likes guitar, ergo he's liking Presto. Especially after suffering through Hold Your Fire's onslaught of keyboards. I remember Presto feeling like a real rocker when it came out, only because of the contrast between it and HYF.

And bass especially. The bass riffs are thundering away all over the place. My opinion is that there is nothing to skip on the recording and there is alot on it to like and some I really "dig" (if I may)..... :)
  • Like 1

Narps, i don't understand how you like Presto and not HYF. Both have that eighties sound (at least to me they do). And if you want to talk "disco-y" songs, Scars is the most disco-y song they did.

You mean The Weapon...

Scars sounds like it belongs in a disco. The Weapon doesn't.

You mean The Weapon...

Yes. The Weapon is but I still like it.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

In summary.... Presto is good and apologies to all for breaking balls about it in the past without full knowledge of what I was talking about..... :smash:
  • Like 1

Done. I am going back to re-listen to a few of them..... Scars is way cool I gotta give it up.....

I am pretty shocked you enjoyed the album. In curious as to what you thought of Superconductor, Hand Over Fist, and Available

Light

I am re-listening now. I can say there doesn't appear to be a sh*t song on the whole thing. I may have to get one of these after all...... :LOL:

il_570xN.602807892_4gpp.jpg

You disappoint me, Narp

Done. I am going back to re-listen to a few of them..... Scars is way cool I gotta give it up.....

I am pretty shocked you enjoyed the album. In curious as to what you thought of Superconductor, Hand Over Fist, and Available

Light

I am re-listening now. I can say there doesn't appear to be a sh*t song on the whole thing. I may have to get one of these after all...... :LOL:

You disappoint me, Narp

Well, one man's nap-inducing is another man's criminally underrated...

Light

You disappoint me, Narp

Hey, to each their own. I was just giving Narp sh!t, everyone is free to like what they like. :cheers:

• Like 1

Light

You disappoint me, Narp

I just gotta be honest. Its worked in life up to this point so I am going to continue to go with it.... :)

You know, I really hope that SpaghettiLee (the "Pissto" guy) doesn't find this thread. This could end badly.

:laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Light

You disappoint me, Narp

You complete me, Narp, with your new-found love of Presto.
  • Like 2

Light

You disappoint me, Narp

You complete me, Narp, with your new-found love of Presto.

I am kind of stoked to be honest and thanks for the kind words..... :haz:

I just hope Segue doesn't see this..... :ph34r: Edited by Narpski