We Hold On

The Analog Cub

Criminally underappreciated track from a criminally underappreciated album. Thoughts on this one? Love this song. Lerxst has some beautiful guitar parts in this one.
  • Like 3

Maybe my least favorite song, on perhaps my least favorite Rush album. I just don't care for the song at all. The main guitar riff just keeps droning the same chords and it grates on my nerves. Just being honest.
  • Like 1

My loathing of Snakes is well documented. I don't hate We Hold On. That must make it one of the better tracks I guess. Took me 4-5seconds to remember what album it was on. I've tried to remove the album from my memory and pretend it was never made. Almost had it accomplished until BowlCity opened the repressed memory bank. Thanks dude!

I do like Far Cry. I pretend it was a single.

This song sounds like it belongs on Counterparts. In fact, I can't decide what song off Counterparts it reminds me of the most.

BowlCity, I agree with you about Al and his guitar.

It is a good song that could have been better and ends too abruptly. Like the lyrics.

Edited by Lorraine

This song sounds like it belongs on Counterparts. In fact, I can't decide what song off Counterparts it reminds me of the most.

BowlCity, I agree with you about Al and his guitar.

It is a good song that could have been better and ends too abruptly. Like the lyrics.

I think it sounds more like it came off of Test For Echo than it does Counterparts. Just from the way the guitar and drums are being played.

It just came to me what part of the song reminds me of at the end - does anyone here remember Eight Miles High by the Byrds?

I would hope so..... :)
  • Like 2

It just came to me what part of the song reminds me of at the end - does anyone here remember Eight Miles High by the Byrds?

BTW. I thought they just ripped off Journey..... :huh:
  • Like 1

Not this again... :facepalm:

Have you ever listened to Eight Miles High? If you knew the song, you'd know the exact part I am talking about.

Have you ever listened to Eight Miles High? If you knew the song, you'd know the exact part I am talking about.

I was more so groaning about the Lifeson vs. Schon thing lol

• Like 1

I was more so groaning about the Lifeson vs. Schon thing lol

There's no comparison between the two. Alex has it hands down.

We hold on holds on a bit too long. Lyrically weak. Reminds me of Out of the Cradle in terms of ENDLESSlY, NEEDLESSLY Rocking. Good music though. Not a solid song. Seems like a filler track.
  • Like 1

This song sounds like it belongs on Counterparts.

That's quite a low blow. Even I wouldn't be that insulting towards this song.